Marijuanatroubles

H1b stamp and marijuana arrest record

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You did not think it might be relevant? Time to make a call.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Marijuanatroubles said:

When filing the H1B petition itself they don't ask for that information, so I was never asked for it. 

You do know you need to fill up online DS-160 form for H1B stamping at US consulate?

And in DS-160 form, there is a question:

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?

So you will have to disclose your marijuana arrest record.

Some got their H1B visa stamping denied at the US consulate due to DUI.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

1 minute ago, Merrytooth said:

You do know you need to fill up online DS-160 form for H1B stamping at US consulate?

Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?

Hi ,

yes I am aware and that is my question exactly. I know I have to disclose it on my DS-160, is there anything I can do to be more prepared for the interview? What are the chances my stamping gets denied?

I think you will have to discuss this issue with your company lawyer or competent H1B immigration lawyer.

Have a Plan B if your H1B is denied (worst case scenario).

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Marijuanatroubles said:

When filing the H1B petition itself they don't ask for that information, so I was never asked for it. 

You do realize that when you go for h1 stamping they run background check. This will definitely show up in that and there is a high probability that it will be rejected. 

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Merrytooth said:

There was an article on murthy.com about this. If you have any kind of criminal record, they can cancel your visa if you are in country and be rejected if you go to embassy for stamp.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.