2,948 posts in this topic

Keep checking back on the infopass website since it's really hard to find a slot lately. An infopass appointment is needed in order to get her passport stamped. I've had a hard time too not so long ago in 2018. I have had to check every day for several weeks and luckily, I found a slot that was available.

34 minutes ago, JaseFace727 said:

It seems that my local office (milwaukee) is no longer accepting InfoPass appointments. Is there anything that can be done or any way around this? My wife's extension letter expires in July of this year, and there has been no update or progress on the USCIS site since being transferred months ago. If there is no ability to obtain an infopass appointment in order to get another extension stamp in the passport, what are we supposed to do? 

Keep checking back on the infopass website since it's really hard to find a slot lately. An infopass appointment is needed in order to get her passport stamped. I've had a hard time too not so long ago in 2018. I had to check every single day for several weeks and luckily, I found a slot that was available.

Edited by kenzo_gal

15 minutes ago, I751_HK said:

I recieved RFE on March 5th . Yesterday they updated the status that uscis recieved the rfe response . Let's see how long they take to make decision 

Good luck!

My RFE documents were delivered today. Now waiting for the respective status update. 

21 minutes ago, I751_HK said:

I recieved RFE on March 5th . Yesterday they updated the status that uscis recieved the rfe response . Let's see how long they take to make decision 

Awesome! Mine was delivered to USCIS on March 19th and was received as per Fedex Tracking but they haven't updated the status of my application not even that I've had my biometrics done on December 2017. Looking forward to their status update and for a positive result too. Good luck to all of us.

1 hour ago, fruitnut said:

Good luck!

My RFE documents were delivered today. Now waiting for the respective status update. 

I read few posts in the past where few people got decision in couple of weeks but again usually it takes 90 days by rule

7 hours ago, I751_HK said:

I read few posts in the past where few people got decision in couple of weeks but again usually it takes 90 days by rule

As per the RFE letter, it says it will take up to 60 days and to give them a call if nothing was heard from them.

5 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

As per the RFE letter, it says it will take up to 60 days and to give them a call if nothing was heard from them.

Out of 10 cases that respond to rfe only 1 dont get a decision within a month.These cases are in my group

Edited by Bixby

23 hours ago, kenzo_gal said:

Awesome! Mine was delivered to USCIS on March 19th and was received as per Fedex Tracking but they haven't updated the status of my application not even that I've had my biometrics done on December 2017. Looking forward to their status update and for a positive result too. Good luck to all of us.

My status still says 'received at local office'. It was never even updated for RFE.

On 4/4/2019 at 7:07 PM, fruitnut said:

My status still says 'received at local office'. It was never even updated for RFE.

What do you mean? Mine still shows the same thing since October of 2017.

Screenshot_20190406-082503_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, kenzo_gal said:

What do you mean? Mine still shows the same thing since October of 2017.

Wow O.o

I mean that I received the RFE in January out of the blue without my staths changing to 'Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed'. My documents have arrived in CA on 4/3. I wonder how long it'll take them to update to 'Response to RFE Was Received' ' if that ever happens.

15 minutes ago, fruitnut said:

Wow O.o

I mean that I received the RFE in January out of the blue without my staths changing to 'Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed'. My documents have arrived in CA on 4/3. I wonder how long it'll take them to update to 'Response to RFE Was Received' ' if that ever happens.

You are checking the wrong number.You either have a WAC or a EAC number.Check that

4 minutes ago, Bixby said:

You are checking the wrong number.You either have a WAC or a EAC number.Check that

I am not checking the wrong number. I have a WAC number that I am checking regularly. The case worker is just not putting updates for my case in the computer. I had big problems with them some years ago when I got my 2 year card. Status had changed to 'we destroyed your card' - it came in the mail 2 days later.

Screenshot_20190406-101333_Chrome.jpg

Edited by fruitnut

5 minutes ago, fruitnut said:

I am not checking the wrong number. I have a WAC number that I am checking regularly. The case worker is just not putting updates for my case in the computer. I had big problems with them some years ago when I got my 2 year card. Status had changed to 'we destroyed your card' - it came in the mail 2 days later.

You are right.Did you sign up for email and text alerts?I send back my rfe response last week and I was updated.Hoping for a quick approval.Its a waiting game.I see ppl waiting up to 2 mths after a response

42 minutes ago, fruitnut said:

I got confused and now it makes sense why there's two different receipt numbers (one when I751 was filed then a new one for the RFE). I had to key it in and it says that it was received. 

Screenshot_20190406-105723_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by kenzo_gal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.