Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
Just now, mrsharrold said:

well, I tried their app too, it’s called Case Tracker.. I am going to try the website now. Thanks!

If you don't want to sign up on their website, you can simply put your receipt numbers and it shows the current status. I haven't used their app. 

10/27/2017 AOS Packet (I-130, I-485, & I-765) mailed out (w/ a money order & official check instead of a regular check)

10/30/2017 Delivered to USCIS

10/31/2017 Received & Priority Date for all the three forms

11/07/2017 Notice Date (on the letter)

11/13/2017 I-797C NOA mail (3 separate notices)

11/17/2017 Biometrics NOA mail

11/09/2017 Notice Date (on the letter)

11/27/2017 Biometrics Appointment 

06/04/2018  EAD approved and being produced (No email alert)

06/06/2018 Case ready to schedule for an interview (Received email alert)

06/07/2018 EAD mailed to me

06/11/2018 Received EAD 

06/13/2018 Scheduled an interview / will mail you an interview notice

06/18/2018 Received the interview notice

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

People take a moment and read this;

USCIS Is Receiving a Record Number of Citizenship Applications (Nov 10, 2017)

http://immigrationimpact.com/2017/11/13/uscis-record-citizenship-applications/

Immigrants waiting longer for US citizenship as backlog builds  (Nov 13, 2017)

http://www.scpr.org/news/2017/11/10/77606/immigrants-waiting-longer-for-us-citizenship-as-ba/ 

"A spike in U.S. citizenship applications before and after the November 2016 election has led to a backlog of more than 708,000 pending requests nationwide, with typical wait times for applicants doubling since last year."

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

We finally received the letter for the Request for Initial Evidence... we used a joint sponsor, and they need her birth certificate too! Sending it tomorrow. 
So relieved was easy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ana&Matt said:

We finally received the letter for the Request for Initial Evidence... we used a joint sponsor, and they need her birth certificate too! Sending it tomorrow. 
So relieved was easy!!!

Joint sponsor for affidavit of income? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ana&Matt said:

So relieved was easy!!!

When you send the AOS what sort of documents did you send for your joint sponsor along with I-864 form?

hi guys. had my biometrics done this morning. i timed it and i was in and out in 12 mins.

as i was leaving the person who did my biometrics said that i am supposed to receive something from them in the mail. she could not explain exactly what it is though, but alluded to something being "checked". do you guys know what this is all about?

Edited by iamdegie

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

When you send the AOS what sort of documents did you send for your joint sponsor along with I-864 form?

We sent two I-864 forms, one for my husband and one for the joint sponsor. The supporting additional information for each form:

- Statement from the bank with deposits, date account opened; total amount deposited for the past year; present balance 
- Statement from employer showing: Date and nature of employment; salary paid;  permanent position (also copies of the last two pay stubs and previous W-2) 
- Copy of last tax return filed.

We received a Request for Additional information for the joint sponsor asking for her birth cert or passport copy.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ana&Matt said:

We sent two I-864 forms, one for my husband and one for the joint sponsor. The supporting additional information for each form:

- Statement from the bank with deposits, date account opened; total amount deposited for the past year; present balance 
- Statement from employer showing: Date and nature of employment; salary paid;  permanent position (also copies of the last two pay stubs and previous W-2) 
- Copy of last tax return filed.

We received a Request for Additional information for the joint sponsor asking for her birth cert or passport copy.

thanks @Ana&Matt, we have a joint sponsor too the reason why I asked but we did send the naturalization certificate of the person along with the rest of the documents you mentioned. I hope it would be sufficient. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

[Quick Question]

What Other Services Does The Application Service Center Offers Other Than Finger Printing [Biometrics]

[Saw a Couple Sitting With An Employee Having a Discussion Behind a Cubicle Holding Up Something Like a Green Card...... ]

Timeline
14 hours ago, Visitor User said:

Joint sponsor for affidavit of income? 

I thought proof of USC or PR was enough?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Queen30 said:

Update

Had My Biometrics and Photo Taken Today.

Had To Fill Out a Short Form .Got Thur in 15 mins

AIW form?

Timeline
4 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

thanks @Ana&Matt, we have a joint sponsor too the reason why I asked but we did send the naturalization certificate of the person along with the rest of the documents you mentioned. I hope it would be sufficient. 

I thought so as well according to the instructions. Naturalization certificate should be sufficient. Birth certificate is required?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

I thought so as well according to the instructions. Naturalization certificate should be sufficient. Birth certificate is required?

My joint sponsor are naturalized citizen only. They used to be citizen of another country so their birth certificate won't matter to them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.