SGM1928

Will we have a problem with the visa processing??Need advise

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

We have submitted our i130, our PD is 6th March, and was assigned to the nebraska service center.....

Ok...we have a few concerns and we would like to get some serious advise for these...

1.In my 325a form there was a column to mention the pervious residence for the past 5 years..i was bought up in kuwait and i am here since i was 3yrs old....so in the column i just mentioned my current address where we(my family)have been staying since 2009...but actually i did my engineering in india and it was from 2009 to 2013 which i forgot to mention in the form and since 2013 dec i am in kuwait...(i actually got confused with the residence word)

What do i do about it???

2.My passport is getting expired in march....i had to add my husbands name into it so i renewed my passport with my husband's name on it....but later i came across a comment from our fellow vj member that she was not approved a visa coz her passport didnt have a surname and she is an Indian too....so i checkd my passport i dont have a surname mentioned in the alloted space in the passport...so i thought of making the necessary changes in the passport(the problem is it might get renewed again). Will it be a problem during the processing if i renewed my passport twice within a time period of 4 mnths???

3.My birth certificate had misspelled my dads surname....my name and DOB are correct...i have given the birthcertificate for correction...i had already submitted the old birth certificate along with i130....now after approval, in the nvc stage we have to submit the birth certificate again...so during that time should i submit the new birthcertificate and let them know the corrections???

We are really confused about all these things we are already  209 days at Nebraska and still waiting.....are we going to face more problems because of all these???

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

I  have seen on several posts that the name on the passport has to match the name on  the immigration file. So do what you need to do to have everything matching, too  much to loose. 

Edited by maryLu

5 hours ago, maryLu said:

I  have seen on several posts that the name on the passport has to match the name on  the immigration file. So do what you need to do to have everything matching, too  much to loose. 

I havnt changed my name...i just added my husbands name in the spouse section....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/1/2017 at 4:52 PM, SGM1928 said:

Hi,

We have submitted our i130, our PD is 6th March, and was assigned to the nebraska service center.....

Ok...we have a few concerns and we would like to get some serious advise for these...

1.In my 325a form there was a column to mention the pervious residence for the past 5 years..i was bought up in kuwait and i am here since i was 3yrs old....so in the column i just mentioned my current address where we(my family)have been staying since 2009...but actually i did my engineering in india and it was from 2009 to 2013 which i forgot to mention in the form and since 2013 dec i am in kuwait...(i actually got confused with the residence word)

What do i do about it???

2.My passport is getting expired in march....i had to add my husbands name into it so i renewed my passport with my husband's name on it....but later i came across a comment from our fellow vj member that she was not approved a visa coz her passport didnt have a surname and she is an Indian too....so i checkd my passport i dont have a surname mentioned in the alloted space in the passport...so i thought of making the necessary changes in the passport(the problem is it might get renewed again). Will it be a problem during the processing if i renewed my passport twice within a time period of 4 mnths???

3.My birth certificate had misspelled my dads surname....my name and DOB are correct...i have given the birthcertificate for correction...i had already submitted the old birth certificate along with i130....now after approval, in the nvc stage we have to submit the birth certificate again...so during that time should i submit the new birthcertificate and let them know the corrections???

We are really confused about all these things we are already  209 days at Nebraska and still waiting.....are we going to face more problems because of all these???

1) Don't worry about G-325. During NVC process you will need to fill out DS-260 (the official Electronic Visa application). Just enter all the information in the application. This application need to be accurate. No omission of facts or details or mistakes 

2) Do you mean you don't have a surname in passport? For I-130 did you list a Surname.. if yes you should change the passport to  (Surname, First Name). In the past consulates used to ignore this mistake. For Visa issuance they take the name in the passport as surname and list first name as FNU (First Name Unknown)  .. I know many cases like this.. but some years back the consulates start to instruct every applicant to correct the passport before visa interview. You have plenty of time to correct it. For the Visa application you need to enter the updated passport information. So correct the name before completing DS-260.

3) If petitioner is your spouse then don't worry about it. for I-130 they verify your relationship with petitioner and do a background check on petitioner. After I-130 approval you are required to send copy of documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, Police certificate etc)  to NVC.  So Just correct the spelling mistake and get an updated Birth certificate. 

According to USCIS Nebraska is going through Dec 2016 I-130 applications. You will have another 3 month waiting.. Plenty of time to correct passport and birth certificate 

2 hours ago, dnp2014 said:

1) Don't worry about G-325. During NVC process you will need to fill out DS-260 (the official Electronic Visa application). Just enter all the information in the application. This application need to be accurate. No omission of facts or details or mistakes 

2) Do you mean you don't have a surname in passport? For I-130 did you list a Surname.. if yes you should change the passport to  (Surname, First Name). In the past consulates used to ignore this mistake. For Visa issuance they take the name in the passport as surname and list first name as FNU (First Name Unknown)  .. I know many cases like this.. but some years back the consulates start to instruct every applicant to correct the passport before visa interview. You have plenty of time to correct it. For the Visa application you need to enter the updated passport information. So correct the name before completing DS-260.

3) If petitioner is your spouse then don't worry about it. for I-130 they verify your relationship with petitioner and do a background check on petitioner. After I-130 approval you are required to send copy of documents (marriage certificate, birth certificate, Police certificate etc)  to NVC.  So Just correct the spelling mistake and get an updated Birth certificate. 

According to USCIS Nebraska is going through Dec 2016 I-130 applications. You will have another 3 month waiting.. Plenty of time to correct passport and birth certificate 

Hey....thank u soo much for the update....i hv applied for a new passport and birthcertificate....

And i u mean to say tht ds 260 is the application where we have to be very careful??and we hv to submit the correct data....and ours is an arranged marriage so we dont have any evidence to show d relationship before marriage other than the watsapp chat history and the emails...

Timeline
21 hours ago, SGM1928 said:

Hey....thank u soo much for the update....i hv applied for a new passport and birthcertificate....

And i u mean to say tht ds 260 is the application where we have to be very careful??and we hv to submit the correct data....and ours is an arranged marriage so we dont have any evidence to show d relationship before marriage other than the watsapp chat history and the emails...

Yes DS-260 need to be careful...  Consulate officer reviews it before interview.. 

My marriage was also arranged.. ony one time seen before marriage.. We had phone call details thats all.. 

What part of India you are from ? South or North 

Edited by dnp2014

1 hour ago, dnp2014 said:

Yes DS-260 need to be careful...  Consulate officer reviews it before interview.. 

My marriage was also arranged.. ony one time seen before marriage.. We had phone call details thats all.. 

What part of India you are from ? South or North 

We are from south india....i guess the immigration officers will be a aware of the indian tradition so they might understand when we mention it was an arranged marriage

Timeline
Just now, SGM1928 said:

We are from south india....i guess the immigration officers will be a aware of the indian tradition so they might understand when we mention it was an arranged marriage

Are you  from Kerala ? .. then no worry.. very easy procedure at the consulate.. definitely they will ask questions regarding marriage etc.. you should bring enough photographs of ceremony.. They understand traditional marriage.. 

1 minute ago, dnp2014 said:

Are you  from Kerala ? .. then no worry.. very easy procedure at the consulate.. definitely they will ask questions regarding marriage etc.. you should bring enough photographs of ceremony.. They understand traditional marriage.. 

Ya we are from kerala....i hv d entire album with me....but i cant actually take d album rite....i will print it out and take everything....we have all evidences to show ours was arranged marriage from news paper cutting onwards....

Timeline
Just now, SGM1928 said:

Ya we are from kerala....i hv d entire album with me....but i cant actually take d album rite....i will print it out and take everything....we have all evidences to show ours was arranged marriage from news paper cutting onwards....

No issue.. Just go with confident.. just take some ceremony photographs  and also some other pics...  all the information in the application during NVC process need to be accurate

they just ask 5-10 questions like the following..

like how did you meet ? ..

How many times you met before marriage?

how it was arranged, who came from your spouse house to meet you? 

Where did you go after marriage? any photographs 

when was your spouse immigrated and how ?

how long spouse is in US ?

who else is with your spouse in US? 

Your spouse DOB, Social Security Number?

Your spouse parents, sibiling, name etc?  

Where is currently working, previous work place, education, college name etc? 

Marriage date? 

who conducted your marriage? 

Did your spouse visited you after marriage? 

I remember one of the person (female) went for the interview.. the CO asked common questions like above.. then CO looked at the ceremony photographs.. there was a photograph where the priest was reading bible.. so the CO asked which portion he read that day? .. also some CO's ask to identify persons in photographs..

its just common questions that can be answered by a person in genuine relationship 

3 hours ago, dnp2014 said:

No issue.. Just go with confident.. just take some ceremony photographs  and also some other pics...  all the information in the application during NVC process need to be accurate

they just ask 5-10 questions like the following..

like how did you meet ? ..

How many times you met before marriage?

how it was arranged, who came from your spouse house to meet you? 

Where did you go after marriage? any photographs 

when was your spouse immigrated and how ?

how long spouse is in US ?

who else is with your spouse in US? 

Your spouse DOB, Social Security Number?

Your spouse parents, sibiling, name etc?  

Where is currently working, previous work place, education, college name etc? 

Marriage date? 

who conducted your marriage? 

Did your spouse visited you after marriage? 

I remember one of the person (female) went for the interview.. the CO asked common questions like above.. then CO looked at the ceremony photographs.. there was a photograph where the priest was reading bible.. so the CO asked which portion he read that day? .. also some CO's ask to identify persons in photographs..

its just common questions that can be answered by a person in genuine relationship 

If they ask anything tht d priest said/read during marriage i will go blank i didnt listen to anything he said😁😁......ya the questions are kind of basic.....any one in a genuine relationship should be knowing all these things..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.