dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2017

615 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, mahasib said:

My status has changed today "At NVC" and my AOS fee is gone as well. I just phoned to confirm and the super nice lady informed me that my case is completed today. My SD is 8/31. Those who are waiting with late August or early September SD, keep checking your status, hopefully yours one is next. Good Luck !!

Hey Mahasib!! Congratulations! Thats great news! My scan date is sep 19th! Really hoping for a fast processing. My processing will also be done by Bangladesh embassy. Can you please update me on when they schedule your interview? So that will give me an idea. Thanks alot! And congratulations again

1 hour ago, ishratm said:

Hey Mahasib!! Congratulations! Thats great news! My scan date is sep 19th! Really hoping for a fast processing. My processing will also be done by Bangladesh embassy. Can you please update me on when they schedule your interview? So that will give me an idea. Thanks alot! And congratulations again

Thanks. Sure I will !!

4 minutes ago, Chinegwa25 said:

Hi guys, im Busy with THE form DS -260 Where can i find my beneficiary invoice number?

You have to call NVC to get your beneficiary Case & Invoice number. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Update 

TSC

NOA1 March 16

NOA2 October 2

Online status never changed till October 31. Now states case sent to NVC, approx 30 days after case was approved. 

Hi Everyone! We checked our status in the USCIS website and it said they sent our case to the NVC on 10/25. Does anyone know whether NVC will send us a mail or email once they receive our case? How long before we start calling the NVC? Does the 11 week estimated processing time start from when USCIS sends the package or after NVC acknowledge receipt thereof? Finally, what is the best time to call the NVC? Called them at 4:00 PM yesterday and was put on hold for 30 minutes and then it said that the NVC is closed. Very frustrating. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Lazybones18 said:

Texas Service Center is taking long in sending cases to NVC...

My case was approved 09/25 and NVC received it after a month (check out my timeline)... First your USCIS status needs to change to "Sent to department of State"

after its changed - NVC will receive it in a week or so

once NVC receives it, you have to wait another week for a case number

NVC wont receive it untill your case status changes in my opinion

i call NVC every 5 days after my USCIS case status changed to "sent to department of state"

My status changed this morning saying Sent to NVC, also received text and email from TSC

I am petitioning for my wife in India so I have to go traditional route sending papers by mail. Can you shed some light on what forms/documents I need to submit as soon as I get my case number? I will be visiting India in two weeks so I am hoping to have all documents ready and send it off before I leave for a month. 

Thank you 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mr&MrsB said:

Hi Everyone! We checked our status in the USCIS website and it said they sent our case to the NVC on 10/25. Does anyone know whether NVC will send us a mail or email once they receive our case? How long before we start calling the NVC? Does the 11 week estimated processing time start from when USCIS sends the package or after NVC acknowledge receipt thereof? Finally, what is the best time to call the NVC? Called them at 4:00 PM yesterday and was put on hold for 30 minutes and then it said that the NVC is closed. Very frustrating. 

11 week estimate is for NVC to review documents and forms you send to them. After USCIS send them documents it takes abt 7 to 10 days for them to receive and get case number.

I have called NVC in morning before 8am and generally I am connected to a rep right away.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mr&MrsB said:

Hey! NVC sends out emails if you’ve provided your email. The 11 week average is from the scan date (when you send your package with the documents in)

From my experience the best time to call has been 8am or 11pm, I prefer 11pm because I’ve found the customer service reps to be more friendly. They’ve always gone that extra mile to check twice and been very polite! The wait time has almost always been 0 or a few minutes at the max. 

Hope that helps :) 

29 minutes ago, Ishxo said:

Hey! NVC sends out emails if you’ve provided your email. The 11 week average is from the scan date (when you send your package with the documents in)

From my experience the best time to call has been 8am or 11pm, I prefer 11pm because I’ve found the customer service reps to be more friendly. They’ve always gone that extra mile to check twice and been very polite! The wait time has almost always been 0 or a few minutes at the max. 

Thank you! If I call them over the phone and they give me a case number, will I be able to proceed with the online thingy? or do I have to really wait for the email? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, Mano said:

After a long long long time and after my second scan date finally my online status showed "At NVC" hopefully case complete. My scnd scan date was 19th sep.

wish all very best of luck fr ur case complete soon...

Hi Mano congrats.. I also got cc today By the grace of GOD without any check list..

Please let me know when u get interview date. Goodluck

• CR-1
  • Married 01/08/17
  • Priority date 02/27/17
  • NOA 2 07/25/17
  • Scan Date 09/07/2017
  • Case complete 10/31/2017
  • Interview 11th December 

24 minutes ago, Ishxo said:

11PM? US Time? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mr&MrsB said:

Thank you! If I call them over the phone and they give me a case number, will I be able to proceed with the online thingy? or do I have to really wait for the email? 

You would need the case number and the invoice ID number to proceed. Which they do provide on the phone before the actual email, I believe. 

3 minutes ago, jafferi said:

Hi Mano congrats.. I also got cc today By the grace of GOD without any check list..

Please let me know when u get interview date. Goodluck

What was ur scan date?? Congratulations!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.