pajobra

I-129F March 2017 Filers #2 Cause we are awesome

1,566 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, pajobra said:

So then my husband says WAIT I have a passport card would that work. I said hell I will take it and your birth certificate. They have to think that is proof enough that you are a us citizen. lol

Really they made you prove your husband's citizenship to get you a drivers license? 

7 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Really they made you prove your husband's citizenship to get you a drivers license? 

Yep when I went the first time a month ago they told me that when I got my NOA1 from AOS to bring it in and the petitioner's passport for proof of us citizenship. That came from the supervisor there. So whatever I will bring everything I can tomorrow and see what happens. LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

After a month of procrastination, we finally sent our dead tree  AOS papers yesterday! Yay!

The FedEx guy said he'd never seen such a big AOS file before, and apparently they deal with them quite a lot:)

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

7 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

After a month of procrastination, we finally sent our dead tree  AOS papers yesterday! Yay!

The FedEx guy said he'd never seen such a big AOS file before, and apparently they deal with them quite a lot:)

Woohoo remember to join us on the January Filer's AOS thread Olya!!! Mine was fairly big but definitely not as big as yours would have been. LOL

Edited by pajobra

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Helloooo everyone, it's been a long time since I last came on. 

Updates: I had my POE on December 1st :) and we got married January 1st as planned! I'll attempt to add a picture. We got married in NYC Botanical Garden- it was adorable. I applied for my ssn about 2 weeks ago so I should get it around this week. It was the most pain free thing I've done in this whole process hahaha

AOS!! I have a bunch of questions to all those who've applied. I've poked and researched around and 

1. What is the biometrics everyone keeps talking about 

2. Is it cheaper if we mail the I- 485, I-864, I-765, I-131 altogether? If so by how much?

3.  the whole medical thing has me confused, the X-ray cd and vaccines and such 

4. @pajobra you mentioned something about  DS -.... I've forgotten what you said and what it's needed for but I panicked as well 😂 If you don't mind please remind me what it is

Freak out over! 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Ariel&Mahum said:

Helloooo everyone, it's been a long time since I last came on. 

Updates: I had my POE on December 1st :) and we got married January 1st as planned! I'll attempt to add a picture. We got married in NYC Botanical Garden- it was adorable. I applied for my ssn about 2 weeks ago so I should get it around this week. It was the most pain free thing I've done in this whole process hahaha

AOS!! I have a bunch of questions to all those who've applied. I've poked and researched around and 

1. What is the biometrics everyone keeps talking about 

2. Is it cheaper if we mail the I- 485, I-864, I-765, I-131 altogether? If so by how much?

3.  the whole medical thing has me confused, the X-ray cd and vaccines and such 

4. @pajobra you mentioned something about  DS -.... I've forgotten what you said and what it's needed for but I panicked as well 😂 If you don't mind please remind me what it is

Freak out over! 

Love the pics you guys are such a cute couple. Congrats on your marriage. :D It is so good to see you again. HUGS

Biometrics are more fingerprints etc for our green cards.

If you put the I-765 and I-131 in with your AOS package it costs nothing extra. So all that plus your AOS I-485 and I864 is $1225 that includes your biometrics fees. Biometrics are usually done a few weeks after you get your AOS NOA1.

Honestly I would not worry about medical until the interview for AOS if you have one they can ask for that stuff at it as far as I know including the DS-3025(I think that was it) vaccination sheet you should have got a copy from the doctor but they are supposed to have received your medical from K-1 so sometimes that stuff is not needed unless it never made it to them which happens. We all know RFE's happen for silly stuff we KNOW we put in the package. lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone! I'm a feb filer and I came across this thread because it is extremely helpful. I got married on Dec 29 and I am having difficulties filling out the AOS. It says on Part 2. Application Type or Filing category. Information about your immigrant category- If you are the principal applicant, provide the following info=== 3. Receipt number of underlying petition -----What receipt number are they referring too? and which priority date from underlying petition?

Thanks in advance!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

OH and one last thing...Where it says RECENT IMMIGRATION HISTORY...what is the non immigrant visa number? and the travel document number? Where do I find those?

SORRY for all these questions! :(:(:(

Timeline
13 hours ago, GyaBran said:

OH and one last thing...Where it says RECENT IMMIGRATION HISTORY...what is the non immigrant visa number? and the travel document number? Where do I find those?

SORRY for all these questions! :(:(:(

You probably won't have a travel document number.

The non-immigrant visa number is the number from your K1 Visa (the one they put in your passport) it should be in the lower right hand corner of the visa next to the petition receipt number and is stamped in red (ours started with a K and had seven digits.)

Your other question on the petition receipt number -- that's on your visa is well (see above) and is also the same as the number on your I-129's NOA2 (the I-797 form) receipt, upper left corner, literally the very first thing on the I-797. Ours started WAC1... and has 10 digits.

Edited by twoDs
added petition receipt

Timeline
On 1/6/2018 at 7:46 PM, pajobra said:

Wow they gave you a deadline. :o All my husband had to do was take the marriage license and my ssn to his work for his health insurance. His all is through his work and Soon as they had it I was on his plan starting December 1st.

Sure hope that works for you. Let us know how it goes. Now that I have the AOS NOA1 I can go get my Colorado License as I need it to show that I do intend to be a Colorado resident. So after my interview for the volunteer job on Tuesday morning I will head to the DMV woohoo and if I get out in record time I will head to the SSA to change my name. LOL Oh and getting the NOA1s in the mail addressed to me in my married name was awesome. Felt so good.

Because I'm self-employed and my plan is grandfathered we had to add her via the insurance marketplace, which gave us a deadline to provide her status documents.

Informed delivery showed all three NOA1s from the AOS filing in today's mail, so we should be able to get that all taken care of. I'm trying to get everything done while the visa is still good just because we've found not everyone seems to understand how the process works, especially DMV which proactively informed us the license would expire with the visa and wouldn't be renewed (they claimed it wouldn't be renewed until we had a green card, but everything we've read online says they should renew with NOA1 or EAD -- but the clerk was pretty adamant she wouldn't renew unless she saw the green card.) Thankfully wifey still has her Canadian license so if there's a ticket the court can figure it out!

2 hours ago, twoDs said:

Because I'm self-employed and my plan is grandfathered we had to add her via the insurance marketplace, which gave us a deadline to provide her status documents.

Informed delivery showed all three NOA1s from the AOS filing in today's mail, so we should be able to get that all taken care of. I'm trying to get everything done while the visa is still good just because we've found not everyone seems to understand how the process works, especially DMV which proactively informed us the license would expire with the visa and wouldn't be renewed (they claimed it wouldn't be renewed until we had a green card, but everything we've read online says they should renew with NOA1 or EAD -- but the clerk was pretty adamant she wouldn't renew unless she saw the green card.) Thankfully wifey still has her Canadian license so if there's a ticket the court can figure it out!

I hope you can get it renewed. Glad you got your NOA1s yay!!!

I actually just got back from the DMV and I have a 3 year Colorado license using my noa1 from AOS. Woohoo

I also scored 2 volunteer positions and a possible 3rd if one opens up at the bookstore. I am going to work in the sorting books department and also scanning books and putting them into the Amazon store that the library has. :) I start next Tuesday for orientation and will work 3 hours at a time. Yay so excited to have something to do. Apparently there is a Canadian at the library there that started out volunteering while waiting for her EAD a few years ago and now she works full time at the library. :D So its possible. 

Timeline

So I got my drivers license today!

(Illinois)

However .....it does expire on the i94 date unfortnately which for me is feb 17 2018, next month.

Between that and the date of when I get a work permit I cannot drive.

It's super silly if you ask me.

They let me keep my Canadian license.

I only had to show my passport,i94, marriage cert and ssn card (originals)

I did not require anything from my husband.

My SSN came by mail so they used that slip attached to the ssn or my address otherwise I had a bank statement just incase ready.

I only had to do a written test and a super easy vision exam. Written I practiced some online tests the night before it was easy I got 100%. It's 35 questions and you need 28 right than the computer shuts down. 

Edited by Marzena & Stephen

45 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

So I got my drivers license today!

(Illinois)

However .....it does expire on the i94 date unfortnately which for me is feb 17 2018, next month.

Between that and the date of when I get a work permit I cannot drive.

It's super silly if you ask me.

They let me keep my Canadian license.

I only had to show my passport,i94, marriage cert and ssn card (originals)

I did not require anything from my husband.

My SSN came by mail so they used that slip attached to the ssn or my address otherwise I had a bank statement just incase ready.

I only had to do a written test and a super easy vision exam. Written I practiced some online tests the night before it was easy I got 100%. It's 35 questions and you need 28 right than the computer shuts down. 

You had to do a test. :o Illinois doesn't have an agreement with Canada. :o BTW when I went this time the lady said huh we don't need anything from your husband that is for other visa's not the k-1. LOL So who knows but least I have my license now luckily mine is good for 3 years. :) After that I will get my 5 year card.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, pajobra said:

You had to do a test. :o Illinois doesn't have an agreement with Canada. :o BTW when I went this time the lady said huh we don't need anything from your husband that is for other visa's not the k-1. LOL So who knows but least I have my license now luckily mine is good for 3 years. :) After that I will get my 5 year card.

Every state is so different. someone else on here had to do a driving test. i just had to do written its the illinois law. She also got a 5 year or so card. mine expires next month. its a little rediculous they are all different to be honest. 

How did you get it for 3 years? just curious why 3?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We have the same license problem as some of you.  My husband's just expired with his visa and we're not sure if they'll except NOA1 for renewal.  Have to go in and see.  Certainly hope we don't have to wait for his green card :/

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.