Longingfor

Reading Is Key - Reading Ahead Even Better

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have seen so many persons posting asking simple questions that if they read the accompanying instructions to the associated forms they would not need to ask. 

It is key that we read and research that is how we will get the most out of this immigration process. It is how we will be able to guide each other. It is also key to read from USCIS and NVC websites. They update and they provide information found on other sites as they are the offical sites.

I emplore everyone to read the instructions and that way we can have a meaningful discussion of areas that we cannot comprehend. 

I am writing because i see so many who want to be spoon fed. We are all here because most are doing this ourselves. But we have to be responsible for our own knowledge. We cannot piggy back because we cannot be bothered to read and familiarise ourselves. 

You will get more from this forum if you actively participate in the process rather than piggy back on others. That is how mistakes are made. Get the information read it then come and ask when you are unsure or even post updates of articlez you have read. Information is key and this fight to be with our loved ones lets arm ourselves with information as it will make the process smoother.

If your are waiting on your NOA2 please arm yourself with information for the next stage. There is a great forum discussion on NVC by Saylin that i have booked marked and have read and it has helped me to prepare my documents ahead of time. Do not worry about when NOA2 will come. Focus on next stage (NVC) that is something that you can control. Learn how not to get checklist. Lets not be stuck in phase 1 lets be proactive. And after you have read up on NVC and prepared yourself then focus on the embassy stage which is the interview find out what documents you will need find out what questions will be asked. 

This forum has great information all we need to do is search. Use the search tag. Hope my little bit here helps atleast one person to become proactive.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Filed: Timeline

but the forum is for helpful use, questions will be asked many times as some ppl comprehending skills may differ,

with that said if one finds a question elementary or needling they can move on & not answer. the forum is certainly

not for judging, at times a truthful answer may seem harsh but all who comes here are entitled to ask  legitimate

questions no matter how many have asked the same. We are not attorneys here locked in a contract so the privilege

to ignore a question stands.i understand there is no wrong in suggesting one do some research/reading on the process

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked to further discussion. Members are free to ask their questions just like members are free to answer or not. Restricting what members can ask or not is a TOS Violation and this thread is not to be restarted.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.