methold

I-751 September 2017 Filers

1,635 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, DavidnThao said:

We are flying to Canada in a week and will let you know how it goes. 

Also, when your ROC is approved, you will receive a 10-yr permanent resident card, which means it expires 10 years from the date you get approved. Best thing is to just apply for citizenship and forget all this mess :)

I'm from Texas, so cant speak about the NY DMV. One thing I know is when I went to renew my driver license after my conditional green card arrived, they gave me 7 years on my new driver license. Wont have to worry about it til 2022 :)

That's right … I got 7 years on my license too in Texas even though I applied with Georgia licence which has just 5 months to expire when I relocated there ..

My status has been posted as below:

On February 26, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I guess I will have to wait for one more year at least.  :wacko:

Timeline
On 7/9/2018 at 6:23 PM, Teezilla said:

My status has been posted as below:

On February 26, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I guess I will have to wait for one more year at least.  :wacko:

How do you mean wait for one more year? I didn’t understand that part.

I read on October 2017 filers section where someone mentioned that CSC moved some i-751 cases to Nabarska/Texas centre cos of the backlogs and that some new officers were recruited early this year and just got out of training ... I DON’T KNOW HOW TRUE THIS IS SINCE HE DIDN’T PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE.

however, if that information is real, then probably your case is one of those transferred.

did anyone on here gets same update?

1 hour ago, mymercy said:

I read on October 2017 filers section where someone mentioned that CSC moved some i-751 cases to Nabarska/Texas centre cos of the backlogs and that some new officers were recruited early this year and just got out of training ... I DON’T KNOW HOW TRUE THIS IS SINCE HE DIDN’T PROVIDE ANY EVIDENCE.

however, if that information is real, then probably your case is one of those transferred.

I have a friend who filed in late 2016. She has recently received that case being transferred to Nabraska (last week before 4th of July to be the exact date that she received the letter). Plus, from getting the information from the forum, many people say that USCIS begin to process early 2017 filers. So I assume that September 2017 batch will have to wait many more months. It could be up to one year or a little bit earlier but not anytime soon?  However, don't believe me! I could be wrong. I just provide the update from my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, mymercy said:

I got the same update at the end of February ! They sent my case to the local office too.

Timeline
12 hours ago, AliciaBenCampbell said:

I got the same update at the end of February ! They sent my case to the local office too.

Oh I didn't know that was the update @Teezilla was referring to … seems like everyone got that and I think I read somewhere on this thread that it's a generic automated mail sent out and that it doesn't mean the case was actually sent to any local office ...

I hope all these waits end soon :(

I plan to apply for N400 in September though. 

Timeline

Pls did anyone have an idea if changing address within same state might slow the case down the more?

I plan to change my apartment but some of my friends says it might slow it down and that I should just sign another year lease but my place of work is far from my home so I'd like to move some where closer to my place of work.

any idea if that's true?

No luck on the 18 month extension letter.

But my wife's driver's license needed to be renewed so we got an INFOPASS appointment and received an i-551 stamp in her passport (valid for 1 additional year).  No issues getting the stamp, the employee said lots of people were coming in each day to get a stamp due to expiration issues.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RJ1 said:

No luck on the 18 month extension letter.

But my wife's driver's license needed to be renewed so we got an INFOPASS appointment and received an i-551 stamp in her passport (valid for 1 additional year).  No issues getting the stamp, the employee said lots of people were coming in each day to get a stamp due to expiration issues.

Did they collected the expired green card from her after the stamped her passport?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, mymercy said:

Oh great ... thanks ... I just book appointment for next week Thursday to go have mine stamped too ... 

So guys, as far as I know from this portal, that you can stamp 1 month before your extension letter expires? guess that not the case? 

Mine expires in November, but I want to find a new job, having a i551 stamp would be good to have .....please suggest  :) 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, fatty1011 said:

So guys, as far as I know from this portal, that you can stamp 1 month before your extension letter expires? guess that not the case? 

Mine expires in November, but I want to find a new job, having a i551 stamp would be good to have .....please suggest  :) 

Hmmm I am not sure about that ... my thoughts were if @RJ1 wife is a September filer and she got her passport stamped, then maybe someone can have it stamped earlier than one month ... Mine would expire sometimes mid of September and would be traveling in last week of September that's why I made the infopass appointment ...

Whichever ways, I would find out this coming Thursday if I have to wait until one month before the expiry date or not :) ... It's in their Dallas office

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 12:38 PM, mymercy said:

Hmmm I am not sure about that ... my thoughts were if @RJ1 wife is a September filer and she got her passport stamped, then maybe someone can have it stamped earlier than one month ... Mine would expire sometimes mid of September and would be traveling in last week of September that's why I made the infopass appointment ...

Whichever ways, I would find out this coming Thursday if I have to wait until one month before the expiry date or not :) ... It's in their Dallas office

Hello Friend! Just wanted to know if everything went smoothly on Thursday? were you able to get the stamp? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.