2,916 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

If you enter your case number into the My Case page at USCIS and choose “send email and text notifications”, then you get them. I have gotten a text and email for all updates 

I am asking for the g-1145 when you submit your forms?

Filed: Timeline
27 minutes ago, Hope953 said:

I am asking for the g-1145 when you submit your forms?

G-1145 is not reliable to receive text/email message for the case updates.

You can use the following website, sign up an account,  enter your case numbers, and then check E-mail alert and Mobile Alert to receive case updating message:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

1 minute ago, miloy001 said:

G-1145 is not reliable to receive text/email message for the case updates.

You can use the following website, sign up an account,  enter your case numbers, and then check E-mail alert and Mobile Alert to receive case updating message:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Even then they dont always update. I received my AP months ago but it still says we received your application on the website

Timeline
Just now, Tortmaster said:

Even then they dont always update. I received my AP months ago but it still says we received your application on the website

Yes I have that account but I haven’t received  notice of action yet that is why I am asking if they will email or text once they receive and accept the documents.

8 minutes ago, Hope953 said:

Yes I have that account but I haven’t received  notice of action yet that is why I am asking if they will email or text once they receive and accept the documents.

What updates are you expecting?

USCIS won't text/email you on receiving your petition or application. In most cases, they will update your case status when they accept your petition or application. However, you need the receipt numbers first, so wait for the notice in mail.

Edited by miloy001

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have been checking every hour since Dec 15th for the USCIS monthly update. Does anyone feel like phoning them to ask if they are going to, and if not what the processing times are currently or at least the end of October?

i would do it but I phoned recently and I don’t want to upset them!

thanks

Timeline
25 minutes ago, miloy001 said:

What updates are you expecting?

USCIS won't text/email you on receiving your petition or application. In most cases, they will update your case status when they accept your petition or application. However, you need the receipt numbers first, so wait for the notice in mail.

Okay thank you.

22 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

I have been checking every hour since Dec 15th for the USCIS monthly update. Does anyone feel like phoning them to ask if they are going to, and if not what the processing times are currently or at least the end of October?

thanks

It has happened before where they updated it very late in the month or even the next month. Through this forum and Sandra we kinda know that October/November filers are hearing back right now. Sandra said she even has some December filers approved but I would just expect around 14 months processing times right now before getting worried. 

Today a year ago I filed my VAWA. I am just assuming I won’t hear until February. 

10 hours ago, Pat Stubbs said:

thanks

Don't worry too much about the processing time posted by USCIS. You can assume VSC starts working on your petition if you submitted yours one year ago. The VAWA I-360, for most cases, takes 12-14 months currently to get a final decision. More important, the actual processing time is case by case.  For example, the following cases submitted at the end of Jun 2016 or beginning of July 2016 are still undecided( to name just a few):

Edited by Ontarkie
posting other ppl's personal case #'s

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post edited to removed personal information. Do not post personal information and even more importantly do not post other ppl's personal information.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

On 12/20/2017 at 12:23 PM, PallasAthena said:

@sandranj Hi Sandra, I was wondering if you've heard of this story and if you know anything about any updates? https://www.facebook.com/braziliantimes/videos/vb.350386758317556/1630943556928530/

PallasAthena, can you please give a summary of the story? I tried to watch it but everything is in español, n my Spanish sucks LOL  😏🤔

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, sunkissed1 said:

PallasAthena, can you please give a summary of the story? I tried to watch it but everything is in español, n my Spanish sucks LOL  😏🤔

I tried watching it to give you a summary but it's actually in Portuguese. 😂

Edit: the Gofundme has the while story in English. https://www.gofundme.com/givebellabacktohermother

Edited by MsVi2

Timeline

I can't believe My I360 approved yesterday. I am so excited and I can't  believe, because I have checked my case status hundreds of time. no update.

I filed sept 2016, 

rfe received sept 2017 for good moral character

replied rfe nov 2017

approved 12/20

It a 15 months journey.

I have to move on for file I-485, AP, EAD

Case Was Approved

On December 20, 2017, we approved your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant , Receipt Number EACxxxxx. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ILvisajourney said:

I can't believe My I360 approved yesterday. I am so excited and I can't  believe, because I have checked my case status hundreds of time. no update.

I filed sept 2016, 

replied rfe nov 2017

approved 12/20

It a 15 months journey.

Case Was Approved

On December 20, 2017, we approved your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant , Receipt Number EACxxxxx. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Congratulations. What kind of evidence did you submit if you don’t mind answering?

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, ILvisajourney said:

I filed sept 2016, 

replied rfe nov 2017

approved 12/20

It a 15 months journey.

Case Was Approved

Congratulations

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.