Calla

Document was returned to USCIS

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone, I need your help and advice!

We applied K1 visa and got NOA1 by email on May 23, but we are still waiting for NOA1 LETTER!!! 

Our current status is "Document was returned to USCIS".

The date is June 1!!! 

My fiancé applied to send again on USCIS web site and called USCIS almost EVERY WEEK, but we don't get the letter yet.

We are waiting just a letter for THREE months!! 

USCIS staff doesn't deal with our problem!? They only say "Pls wait a letter".

What should we do???

Is our process stopping until we get NOA1 letter???

Is there anyone who has same situation as us??? 

We will be able to get NOA2 in a month by estimate here...but I'm not sure if we can, cuz we don't get NOA1 letter.

Actually I'm not sure that the letter is NOA1 or not, cuz USCIS stuff never tell us about information of the letter. It might be REF letter!?  

I'm so stressful for this problem:crying:

Pls help me, all!! :help:

You should be receiving a hardcopy NOA1. Sounds like yours went missing in transit. Submit an e-Request here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

You should be receiving a hardcopy NOA1. Sounds like yours went missing in transit. Submit an e-Request here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn.

Thank you for your advice!! 

My fiancé already has submitted this request, but nothing happened yet. And we called USCIS office every week and asking them. They checked  our status and only saying "Just wait more." 

We are just waiting for three month.... I will try submit this request again. 

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Saesae said:

Thank you for your advice!! 

My fiancé already has submitted this request, but nothing happened yet. And we called USCIS office every week and asking them. They checked  our status and only saying "Just wait more." 

We are just waiting for three month.... I will try submit this request again. 

Thank you.

If that's the case, you need to speak to a Tier 2 when you call. Otherwise, email CSC directly at: csc-ncsc-followup@uscis.dhs.gov

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

If that's the case, you need to speak to a Tier 2 when you call. Otherwise, email CSC directly at: csc-ncsc-followup@uscis.dhs.gov

Oh thank you! I'm not sure what they check or confirm our problem! Always we tell them our status No. though. They only saying "Pls wait"!!! Waiting waiting and waiting....we are tired of waiting A LETTER. Normally we can get that in a week or so after requesting, right? I will try to send email CSC directly!! 

7 minutes ago, Saesae said:

Oh thank you! I'm not sure what they check or confirm our problem! Always we tell them our status No. though. They only saying "Pls wait"!!! Waiting waiting and waiting....we are tired of waiting A LETTER. Normally we can get that in a week or so after requesting, right? I will try to send email CSC directly!! 

It might take a bit longer than a week to be honest. Even to get their reply via the CSC e-mail takes a few weeks but it will come. If you have a copy of your I-129F, best to check if you guys have entered the petitioner's address correctly to ensure notice delivery.

Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. This function will send a scan of letter sized mails on a daily basis to the subscriber via e-mail and you guys will be able to tell if you have USCIS or NVC mails coming that mail delivery day. 

https://informeddelivery.usps.com

Timeline
21 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

It might take a bit longer than a week to be honest. Even to get their reply via the CSC e-mail takes a few weeks but it will come. If you have a copy of your I-129F, best to check if you guys have entered the petitioner's address correctly to ensure notice delivery.

Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. This function will send a scan of letter sized mails on a daily basis to the subscriber via e-mail and you guys will be able to tell if you have USCIS or NVC mails coming that mail delivery day. 

https://informeddelivery.usps.com

Thank you for everything!!

I requested resend on USCIS website again and sent email to CSC today.

I'm done as much as I can now! 

I wait and see for a while.

Well...our process is stopped now?

Our status has not changed since June 1!! Nothing proceed unless we get NOA1 letter? Can we get NOA 2 without NOA 1 hard copy? 

Pls let me know if you know about that.

Thank you! :)

18 minutes ago, Saesae said:

Thank you for everything!!

I requested resend on USCIS website again and sent email to CSC today.

I'm done as much as I can now! 

I wait and see for a while.

Well...our process is stopped now?

Our status has not changed since June 1!! Nothing proceed unless we get NOA1 letter? Can we get NOA 2 without NOA 1 hard copy? 

Pls let me know if you know about that.

Thank you! :)

Your case adjudication will proceed as USCIS goes. Missing a NOA1 will not stop your approval, denial or RFE. However, you'll need to ensure all your USCIS notices and any NVC letters get delivered because:

1) USCIS NOA1 contains your receipt number and the petitioner is required to ensure all details of both the petitioner and beneficiary are stated correctly. Without the NOA1, you won't be able to know if there were any typo errors etc.

2) USCIS NOA2 will have the foreign beneficiary's A-number if the petition is approved. This number must be remembered because the foreign beneficiary will need to input this number in many forms to come. If I'm not mistaken, a copy of the NOA2 might have to be included when filing AOS. Not 100% sure about this :jest: (ETA: I checked the I-485 instructions, YES you'll need to attach a copy to your AOS application so better have the hardcopy NOA2.)

3) USCIS RFE letter, well if you get a RFE, you'll need to have this letter to find out the reason for RFE and you'll need to enclose the letter when responding to USCIS.

4) NVC letter is generally sent to the US petitioner when the file has been transferred from USCIS to NVC and NVC has issued a case number. This case file number will allow you guys to track the status on CEAC from the file transit to the embassy to the visa issuance at the embassy level. Please note that I've heard not all US petitioners have received this NVC letter but a lot of people have. Without this letter, it may or may not be an issue depending if your embassy and embassy's panel physician require it for visa application and medical checkup. Your NVC case number can always be obtained by calling NVC though.

Edited by KULtoATL

Timeline
33 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Your case adjudication will proceed as USCIS goes. Missing a NOA1 will not stop your approval, denial or RFE. However, you'll need to ensure all your USCIS notices and any NVC letters get delivered because:

1) USCIS NOA1 contains your receipt number and the petitioner is required to ensure all details of both the petitioner and beneficiary are stated correctly. Without the NOA1, you won't be able to know if there were any typo errors etc.

2) USCIS NOA2 will have the foreign beneficiary's A-number if the petition is approved. This number must be remembered because the foreign beneficiary will need to input this number in many forms to come. If I'm not mistaken, a copy of the NOA2 might have to be included when filing AOS. Not 100% sure about this :jest: (ETA: I checked the I-485 instructions, YES you'll need to attach a copy to your AOS application so better have the hardcopy NOA2.)

3) USCIS RFE letter, well if you get a RFE, you'll need to have this letter to find out the reason for RFE and you'll need to enclose the letter when responding to USCIS.

4) NVC letter is generally sent to the US petitioner when the file has been transferred from USCIS to NVC and NVC has issued a case number. This case file number will allow you guys to track the status on CEAC from the file transit to the embassy to the visa issuance at the embassy level. Please note that I've heard not all US petitioners have received this NVC letter but a lot of people have. Without this letter, it may or may not be an issue depending if your embassy and embassy's panel physician require it for visa application and medical checkup. Your NVC case number can always be obtained by calling NVC though.

Wow!! I can't thank you enough!!!

I'm so so appreciate it.

I understand we need any notice letter in case anything comes up.

We got NOA1 by email, so we found our receipt No. and we can tell them our No.

But it seems be better to get NOA1 hardcopy!!

I just hope we get NOA1 hardcopy as soon as possible.

Thank you!! (L):luv:

15 minutes ago, Saesae said:

Wow!! I can't thank you enough!!!

I'm so so appreciate it.

I understand we need any notice letter in case anything comes up.

We got NOA1 by email, so we found our receipt No. and we can tell them our No.

But it seems be better to get NOA1 hardcopy!!

I just hope we get NOA1 hardcopy as soon as possible.

Thank you!! (L):luv:

Yes, the hardcopy is important because it has not the petitioner and foreign beneficiary's details that need to be checked to ensure accuracy. The text message and e-mail certainly do not list those details other than the receipt number (WAC if case forwarded to CSC).

• 8 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi, we are dealing with the same situation. We have been waiting for the receipt for 2 months. How long did it take for you to receive the NOA? Did the email and e-request work? 

Thanks in advanced :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/27/2017 at 12:10 AM, Sally.A said:

Hi everyone, I need your help and advice!

We applied K1 visa and got NOA1 by email on May 23, but we are still waiting for NOA1 LETTER!!! 

Our current status is "Document was returned to USCIS".

The date is June 1!!! 

My fiancé applied to send again on USCIS web site and called USCIS almost EVERY WEEK, but we don't get the letter yet.

We are waiting just a letter for THREE months!! 

USCIS staff doesn't deal with our problem!? They only say "Pls wait a letter".

What should we do???

Is our process stopping until we get NOA1 letter???

Is there anyone who has same situation as us??? 

We will be able to get NOA2 in a month by estimate here...but I'm not sure if we can, cuz we don't get NOA1 letter.

Actually I'm not sure that the letter is NOA1 or not, cuz USCIS stuff never tell us about information of the letter. It might be REF letter!?  

I'm so stressful for this problem:crying:

Pls help me, all!! :help:

Did they cash your check?  I received and email confirming they received my petition but never got a hard copy in the mail.  When I opened an inquiry after waiting the 30 days I received the hard copy by mail 2 weeks later.  A good indication that all is well is if USCIS cashed your check.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

Did they cash your check?  I received and email confirming they received my petition but never got a hard copy in the mail.  When I opened an inquiry after waiting the 30 days I received the hard copy by mail 2 weeks later.  A good indication that all is well is if USCIS cashed your check.

How can I know if they cashed my check? We have already opened an inquiry twice and we haven’t received the hard copy yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Icamarn said:

How can I know if they cashed my check? We have already opened an inquiry twice and we haven’t received the hard copy yet. 

Did the money come out of your checking account?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jenny17655 said:

Did the money come out of your checking account?

We did a cashier check, so I think it’s no way for us to know if they already cashed it or not.  :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.