62 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It doesn't matter what it says now. The consular went to my husband's house this morning and they asked him the same questions as they did in the interview. My husband told them the truth like he did in the interview.Everything went well and they told him they would contact him in a few days. I am so hopeful that they are going to tell my husband to send in his passport. Believe and trust in God and have so much faith in him and he will do so many miracles in your life. God is awesome.!!!! I am sooo happy.

Timeline

malish ya gam3a i have a few questions about sending the documents to the embassy.
if any of you can help me.

We got the email from the embassy to send the documents. My questions are:

1. the I-134, can it be a copy or does my fiance have to send the one I actually signed?

2. For the birth certificate and police record. Did you send the actual records or copies? Additionally did you get them both translated. We already translated the birth certificate for the original application to USCIS, do we need to do a new translation or can we send the original one?

3. Did you send anything for the medical or just brought it to the interview?

4. My fiance has never been married, but I am divorced, should he send my divorce docs from the US or no, that just applies to him?

Edited by db2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone,

does anyone knows of cases that was approved after placed on AP for additional documents? if so how long did it take?, we have been on AP for 3 month and haven't heard anything and the case status still Administrative Processing and haven't change since 7/18/17.

Thank you.

Yasser

Timeline
2 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hello everyone,

does anyone knows of cases that was approved after placed on AP for additional documents? if so how long did it take?, we have been on AP for 3 month and haven't heard anything and the case status still Administrative Processing and haven't change since 7/18/17.

Thank you.

Yasser

Keep emailing them Yasser! We tried calling and werent able to speak to someone directly at the embassy (it was some call center but in Egypt). I see that most of those who are on AP have primarily used email as a way to get in touch with the consulate staff regarding their case. 

Timeline
On 8/22/2017 at 7:33 PM, Ahmed&Roma said:

It is a letter from the consular saying that my husband is on Mandatory AP. That they are reviewing his case.

Was your case approved? I saw your timeline said 8/22? Anything you can share with us on how the embassy moved you from AP to approved?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, db2016 said:

Keep emailing them Yasser! We tried calling and werent able to speak to someone directly at the embassy (it was some call center but in Egypt). I see that most of those who are on AP have primarily used email as a way to get in touch with the consulate staff regarding their case. 

I do but I receive the same response. I think it's a generic message and the staff just copy and paste. Even when I ask questions they still respond with the same message. how long have you been on AP?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

I do but I receive the same response. I think it's a generic message and the staff just copy and paste. Even when I ask questions they still respond with the same message. how long have you been on AP?

I am not on AP, we havent had our interview yet. But they have been responsive with us with questions regarding our case, thats why I suggested emailing them. I know AP Is a whole different ball park. Good luck and keep us posted if you hear anything from them. With Eid and Labor Day, the embassy was closed Thursday till Monday. So today they probably were just getting back into the swing of things, hopefully you can get a more detailed response later this week. Have you tried calling the hotline?

Timeline

I tried to change that on my timeline but it wouldn't let me. No my husband hasn't been approved yet. The Embassy was closed for 4 days for the holiday. So I am sure that we will hear from them this week or next. To get the attention of the Embassy I emailed them an inquiry and I sent them a picture of my home and me holding a picture of me with my husband and the consular sent me an email back saying my husband is on AP but that they are working on the case. 2 weeks ago August 22, 2017 2 men went to my husband 's house and told him that the Embassy will contact him in 2 weeks so this is the second week. After they went to my husbands house the date has changed twice last week on the website. God willing, we should be hearing good news in the coming days.😊

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ahmed&Roma said:

I tried to change that on my timeline but it wouldn't let me. No my husband hasn't been approved yet. The Embassy was closed for 4 days for the holiday. So I am sure that we will hear from them this week or next. To get the attention of the Embassy I emailed them an inquiry and I sent them a picture of my home and me holding a picture of me with my husband and the consular sent me an email back saying my husband is on AP but that they are working on the case. 2 weeks ago August 22, 2017 2 men went to my husband 's house and told him that the Embassy will contact him in 2 weeks so this is the second week. After they went to my husbands house the date has changed twice last week on the website. God willing, we should be hearing good news in the coming days.😊

The 8/22 we took it as a second interview because they asked my husband the same questions as they did when he went to his first interview and they taped recorded my husband. So when I put it into VJ it changed as second interview. I will let everyone know on here. When we hear from the Embassy again.😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

hello everyone,

I'm confused, does AP means only security checks or it can be also if the CO requested additional DOCS? 

It can cover both at the same time or either one and it can cover other reasons for administrative process also.
It is a broad term to process something for varies reasons. How you will know what type of AP is by either asking the embassy
or make an inquiry through the congressman.
For example, if you were given a 221g letter requesting more documents then of course you submit them as soon as you can
but it does not rule out 2-5 months or more in security checks, they also call it AP when it is returned to USCIS before notifying that it
has been returned on ceac.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.