autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Eruthos said:

Had another phone call with USCIS today.. the Tier 2 Officer told me there was still no tracking number and call back tomorrow. Thanks to Ray&Ash's suggestion I looked at my informed delivery dashboard, and it says my card will be delivered TOMORROW!!! So, USCIS doesn't know a tracking number, while it was sent yesterday.. Their system is soooo lagging!!

Additionally, the officer told me that my I-485 has been "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" since October 5th!!!???!!! He did say my case wasn't picked up by my local office yet so no update on that.. Well, that's better than the "Fingerprint Fee received" that I can see on my online tracking status :/

COngrats :) 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Timeline
2 hours ago, listeague said:

Aviinashh hope your job interview went well I applied for a work from home job a few days ago and did my virtual interview last night if I get the job I'll be sending an expedite request I'm on day 75 for EAD/AP

Thanks :) It went well.....I have another 2 interviews in the queue. 

Getting frustrated by the EAD thinge...i wish we all get our EADs soon so that we can start working and support our family

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

7 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

Getting frustrated by the EAD thinge...i wish we all get our EADs soon so that we can start working and support our family

True! we need them EADs! And need them soon!

It is already bad that we even cannot start our own business and earn an income through it. :(

Fingers crossed for everyone.

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

Timeline
2 minutes ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

True! we need them EADs! And need them soon!

It is already bad that we even cannot start our own business and earn an income through it. :(

Fingers crossed for everyone.

hoping everyone gets their EADs sooooooon 

K-1 (I-129F):

17-Mar-2017- Interview

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

Naturalization (N-400):

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eruthos said:

Had another phone call with USCIS today.. the Tier 2 Officer told me there was still no tracking number and call back tomorrow. Thanks to Ray&Ash's suggestion I looked at my informed delivery dashboard, and it says my card will be delivered TOMORROW!!! So, USCIS doesn't know a tracking number, while it was sent yesterday.. Their system is soooo lagging!!

Additionally, the officer told me that my I-485 has been "Ready to be scheduled for an interview" since October 5th!!!???!!! He did say my case wasn't picked up by my local office yet so no update on that.. Well, that's better than the "Fingerprint Fee received" that I can see on my online tracking status :/

Thank you for sharing!

so I guess if you can see the status 'ready to be scheduled' online, it means that the local office got the package.

My status was changed 3 weeks ago. Hope my local office could work on mine faster!

Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, Aviinashh said:

I know it's  quiet frustrated, but hang in there.

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, adipo21 said:

Hey guys hope your all ok.Got aporoval notice letter for my EAD from the uscis  today. Said there gonna  send me EAD card separate. So will I receive it this  week or next week? 

Congrats:)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, QuasarStar said:

I heard the same thing about the time.  USCIS received my package 28 of august. When was your?

Oh we probably have similar a timeline. My PD is August 25, adjusting status from F-1.

7 hours ago, PR&PR said:

@currywarrior Well it is still required if you used the old document which they still accepted back then...but if you used the new document it really sucks!!

It was the new document lol. Guess somebody did not receive the memo for the new rules at USCIS

8/01/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131
8/04/17 --- AOS Packet received
8/12/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  
8/19/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  
9/05/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done
10/18/17 --- RFIE on I-485
10/30/17 --- Received evidence for RFIE
12/01/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/08/2017 - Received EAD/AP Approval Notice and Card in the Mail
12/19/17  --- I-485 Card in Production notification

12/22/17 - Green card mailed notification

12/26/17 - Green card approval letter received

12/28/17 - Green card received

12 hours ago, Aviinashh said:

Amen to that. 

17 hours ago, Chloe 2015 said:

Can anyone please explain this to me! 

Pic 2 : Does that mean they reviewing my response? 

Did they receive it? 

I’m confused because the status still request for initial evidence was mailed! 

446BED9C-5392-4CB6-9680-641E9DCD1263.jpeg

6C6ECB60-0BBB-4623-91C6-8444F7E310E4.jpeg

Means there continue  with. Working  on ur case. 

Hey guys  have question. When u get ur EAD and GC  are u required  to walk around  with them all the time? Can u leave them home just incase  u loose them getting  another one is difficult one take alot of time and money. 

Edited by adipo21

59 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Hey guys  have question. When u get ur EAD and GC  are u required  to walk around  with them all the time? Can u leave them home just incase  u loose them getting  another one is difficult one take alot of time and money. 

First, let me congratulate you on your letter.

In response to your question, please read below:

NOTE:
Every alien, eighteen years of age and over, shall at all times carry with him and have in his personal possession any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him pursuant to subsection (d) [where the government issues a “registration certificate” after each foreign national’s registration]. Any alien who fails to comply with the provisions of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall upon conviction for each offense be fined not to exceed $100 or be imprisoned not more than thirty days, or both.

Just make sure it is well kept within you when you go out. You can have both original and photocopy with you. Although, I have never heard of anyone being sent to jail for failure to carry their GC with them. But the America of the present day is capable of anything; once it is embedded in the law, sometimes it can be hard to contest. Others on this forum might have a different opinion. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.