647 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Devan said:

Hello everyone. My I 601 received date is April 2017. Although I am not that close to the date I have a question related to post approval phase of the journey. My first interview was denied in Dec 2016. I carried two types of Police Certificates - 1) One for the country that I am currently living in (India) and one was for - 2) United Kingdom. I was in UK for an year in 2008-2009. I spent a lot for retrieving my Police Clearance from UK. After being denied and asked to apply for I 601 I have never been to any country for more than a week. Do I still have to appear the Consulate with the latest PCC from UK after I-601  approval?

There are always guidelines on what documents are needed, just read the instructions (Police reports from any country you lived in).

I believe you do not need to provide police report for all countries you have visited but those you have lived in according to the Instructions on page 17, on Form I-601 Instructions 08/21/17. 

For U.K i know you can get the report online because my spouse lived there for about 3yrs while in school and we were able to get a police report from the police department online.

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Edited by Franco007

15 minutes ago, Franco007 said:

There are always guidelines on what documents are needed, just read the instructions (Police reports from any country you lived in).

I believe you do not need to provide police report for all countries you have visited but those you have lived in according to the Instructions on page 17, on Form I-601 Instructions 08/21/17. 

For U.K i know you can get the report online because my spouse lived there for about 3yrs while in school and we were able to get a police report from the police department online.

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

@Devan   Correction you can apply for the certificate online i meant to say.

What you will need

1. Proofs of your current address - You must upload TWO different proofs of address which clearly show your name and address, and one must be dated within the last six months. Your proofs must be in separate files. Valid proofs of address include bank statements, utility bills or phone bills. You can also provide letters from your doctor, dentist, school or college if they are signed and dated on company headed paper.

2. A recent passport style colour photograph - You must upload one recent passport style photograph that clearly identifies you (the applicant). This photograph will be included on your Police Certificate. Your photograph should meet the same standards required for a UK passport (approximately 45mm x 35mm). To view guidance on acceptable photographs, please click here.

3. Copies of your passport(s) / travel document / official photographic identity document - You must upload copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable). Copies of other official photographic identity documents should show as many of these features as possible.

4. Copies of any necessary legal documents e.g. Power of Attorney, authorisation document, signed letter of authority etc (if applicable).

5. A valid email address.

6. Your address history - You must provide your address history for the last 10 years, including the dates you lived at the addresses. If you have lived outside of the UK for more than 10 years you will also be asked to provide your last UK address.

7. Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.

8. UK National Insurance and Driving Licence numbers (if applicable).

PLEASE NOTE: Each file you upload must be no more than 2MB in size and must be in JPG, GIF, TIF or PDF format. Passport style colour photographs must be in JPG, GIF or TIF only. Please note that if we cannot read your documents due to low image quality then your application may be delayed.

Completing the form

Once you start the application you will not be able to save it and return to it later on. If you exit or you don’t move forwards or backwards for 60 minutes your data will be deleted.

If you cannot upload your documents or pay by debit or credit card you can apply by post.

Third party applications

We can only supply personal data to the individual to whom it relates. If you are making an application on behalf of someone else (known as a 'third party application') you will need to provide a signed letter of authorisation from the person whose data is being requested, plus proofs of identity that show the true applicant's signature. Valid proofs include a passport, driving licence or identity card. You must have scanned copies of these documents saved to your computer or device.

Payment

There are two service options available for your Police Certificate:

• Standard service - £45.00 (10 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)
  • Premium service - £80.00 (2 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)
Edited by Franco007

On 2/8/2018 at 11:23 AM, Lola2 said:

My waiver is from Nov 28th 2016 and I have not received anything yet! According to the VJ statistics it does seem that I will hear from them soon. I will let everyone know once I do. If you scroll up! Franco gives some great info that will give you a better idea of when you will hear something.

Yes please let us know when you receive notice so we will know if those time frames are correct!

Filed: Other Timeline
On 2/8/2018 at 11:56 PM, Franco007 said:

@Devan   Correction you can apply for the certificate online i meant to say.

What you will need

1. Proofs of your current address - You must upload TWO different proofs of address which clearly show your name and address, and one must be dated within the last six months. Your proofs must be in separate files. Valid proofs of address include bank statements, utility bills or phone bills. You can also provide letters from your doctor, dentist, school or college if they are signed and dated on company headed paper.

2. A recent passport style colour photograph - You must upload one recent passport style photograph that clearly identifies you (the applicant). This photograph will be included on your Police Certificate. Your photograph should meet the same standards required for a UK passport (approximately 45mm x 35mm). To view guidance on acceptable photographs, please click here.

3. Copies of your passport(s) / travel document / official photographic identity document - You must upload copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable). Copies of other official photographic identity documents should show as many of these features as possible.

4. Copies of any necessary legal documents e.g. Power of Attorney, authorisation document, signed letter of authority etc (if applicable).

5. A valid email address.

6. Your address history - You must provide your address history for the last 10 years, including the dates you lived at the addresses. If you have lived outside of the UK for more than 10 years you will also be asked to provide your last UK address.

7. Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.

8. UK National Insurance and Driving Licence numbers (if applicable).

PLEASE NOTE: Each file you upload must be no more than 2MB in size and must be in JPG, GIF, TIF or PDF format. Passport style colour photographs must be in JPG, GIF or TIF only. Please note that if we cannot read your documents due to low image quality then your application may be delayed.

Completing the form

Once you start the application you will not be able to save it and return to it later on. If you exit or you don’t move forwards or backwards for 60 minutes your data will be deleted.

If you cannot upload your documents or pay by debit or credit card you can apply by post.

Third party applications

We can only supply personal data to the individual to whom it relates. If you are making an application on behalf of someone else (known as a 'third party application') you will need to provide a signed letter of authorisation from the person whose data is being requested, plus proofs of identity that show the true applicant's signature. Valid proofs include a passport, driving licence or identity card. You must have scanned copies of these documents saved to your computer or device.

Payment

There are two service options available for your Police Certificate:

• Standard service - £45.00 (10 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)
  • Premium service - £80.00 (2 working days, not including dates of receipt or dispatch)

Hi Franco,

Thank you very much and I appreciate you spending time on the above question. You are right. I do remember requesting my PCC online for UK from https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

I think I will not need to request again the latest UK PCC for the 2nd interview since I have never been to UK after that. I think the previous PCC should suffice the requirement.

Thank you very much Franco.

On 8/2/2018 at 12:21 AM, Franco007 said:

The app i downloaded is different and does not have the options @Pberry06 sited....

Hello Franco, Do you know what is happening with Nebraska, I didn't hear anything about they answered something in the last days, the last information is the case from November 14th 2016 they responded on January 12th 2018... it was one month ago... please if you know something  let me know... I´m really ansioux ... I miss my husband a lot, it is getting too hard for us.,, Thank you for your comments.

Filed: Other Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 1/21/2018 at 11:11 AM, Pberry06 said:

Received Nov 14  2016. Do you check receipts numbers around you? 

Have you received a response yet?

On 14/10/2017 at 11:30 PM, Molly&Reynor said:

I Have been waiting two years to get my husbands visa. I Was pregnant and hoping the same that he would get it before the baby came. He didn't, she is 1 1/2 years old now. He still hasn't gotten it. We filed a I 601 in November of 2016, we have been waiting 11 months now with no word. The waiver is being processed at the Nebraska service center. I Tried to get an expedite and was told they don't do expedites for I 601 waivers. 

@Molly&Reynor Did you receive a response yet?? which is your waiver date?? I´m from december 14th 2016 in Nebraska (I-601). Thank you for your comments..

11 hours ago, Sol_ said:

Hello Franco, Do you know what is happening with Nebraska, I didn't hear anything about they answered something in the last days, the last information is the case from November 14th 2016 they responded on January 12th 2018... it was one month ago... please if you know something  let me know... I´m really ansioux ... I miss my husband a lot, it is getting too hard for us.,, Thank you for your comments.

No i haven't heard form those who submitted in later November.... But i strongly believe they will be getting mails soon.

1 hour ago, Lola2 said:

Ok thanks for replying and good luck on your new adventure! 

Hi @Lola2 i think you should submit an out of processing time enquiry because you should have received an email at least by now since they have approved that of December 2016 and yours is November 2016.

12 hours ago, Mike c36pro said:

Our I601 was received by Nebraska on Dec 07 2016. We received an approval on Feb 14 2018. Now waiting for the mailed letter or package.

What a great Valentines Day gift for you guys........Congratulations !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.