Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

We got the "case transferred" notice today online. The n400 combo interview was last week. I'm hoping that this means they are moving and for a quick scheduling of the oath date. :)

30 minutes ago, Daisy.Chain said:

We got the "case transferred" notice today online. The n400 combo interview was last week. I'm hoping that this means they are moving and for a quick scheduling of the oath date. :)

Cool what did they ask you at the interview?

2 hours ago, NYCBoy said:

Cool what did they ask you at the interview?

At the joint interview our interviewer asked us how we met, and what day we married, for our id's, and asjed if we had any additional documents to submit for the file. I pulled out my portable file cabinet and he seemed a little glassy-eyed and had me just pull a few. After a glance at our lease and power of attorney forms he said we were approved.

Shazam! :)

11 hours ago, Daisy.Chain said:

At the joint interview our interviewer asked us how we met, and what day we married, for our id's, and asjed if we had any additional documents to submit for the file. I pulled out my portable file cabinet and he seemed a little glassy-eyed and had me just pull a few. After a glance at our lease and power of attorney forms he said we were approved.

Shazam! :)

Ahaha awsome! 

4 hours ago, solmart said:

After sending a bunch of evidence I still received a RFE

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you get the paper notice yet? They may request something specific. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

On dec 13 2018 I received a notification that my new card is being mailed. The first time I submitted my roc was in august 25 2017. I had got divorced in march 15 2018. I didn't go to any interviews or anything. I feel lucky because I skipped that part. I didn't submit any rfes regarding the bona fida. I had them prepared.  I did it all without a lawyer, just searching things up online and gathering documents and organizing my package.

Edited by hoalhash

19 hours ago, Daisy.Chain said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Did you get the paper notice yet? They may request something specific. 

Yes I got the paper notice in the mail yesterday. Its yet to update on the app. They literally asking for what what I've sent in the initial application, like our lease agreement, utilities, iD's, we really dont have a joint bank account (we have our different bank accounts that we transfer money to each other every month, we also have a joint account that we barely use. We just deposit checks that are addressed to both of us there) but we just bought a house couple months ago, will include that and the new utilities in the RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
12 minutes ago, solmart said:

Yes I got the paper notice in the mail yesterday. Its yet to update on the app. They literally asking for what what I've sent in the initial application, like our lease agreement, utilities, iD's, we really dont have a joint bank account (we have our different bank accounts that we transfer money to each other every month, we also have a joint account that we barely use. We just deposit checks that are addressed to both of us there) but we just bought a house couple months ago, will include that and the new utilities in the RFE

I receive an e-mail with the RFE mail to me. I haven't receive anything from them, it has pass 15 days, yesterday I call they told me my case was transferred to Vermont office and the only way to communicate with them is by regular mail.....So I don't know what to do now., I don't know what is the RFE about....so frustrating

I'm in California....

My card is approved! I've received a paper notification that it's approved and online status changed to new card being processed. Waiting for the physical card/package now. My number is EAC17335XXXXX, at Vermont Center. Haven't applied for the citizenship yet.

This forum has been very helpful. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Looks like my green card is stuck in usps,tracking showing in transit to next location for 5 days already,they mailed in on 7th from MO.

I hope they deliver it.

8 hours ago, alem614 said:

I receive an e-mail with the RFE mail to me. I haven't receive anything from them, it has pass 15 days, yesterday I call they told me my case was transferred to Vermont office and the only way to communicate with them is by regular mail.....So I don't know what to do now., I don't know what is the RFE about....so frustrating

I'm in California....

Does the online notice have a date to expect the paper RFE by? Also, look at the bottom - sonetimes they attach the document that they will send. That's how I found out when the interview was going to be. If those both come up empty, perhaps wait a few more weeks and then try an infopass appt?

We got the letter today that my husband has been approved for ROC. They told us this at his n400 interview 8 days ago. However, on the letter it says that they recommend not traveling out of the country until the new green card arrives in 60-90 days. They recommend getting a stamp in the passpirt for emergency travel, or "you may have difficulty reentering the country".

I wonder if that is for people who do not have an extension letter? My sleuthing says travel is fine. My husband also asked the person who interviewed him for n400, and they said it was totally fine. He's going to see his parents for New Year's :)

Has anyone else traveled outside of the country after approval of ROC/n400 but before citizenship? I'm not worried for us, but I'm not sure why they recommended avoiding it on the I-751 approval notice.

Hi all, 

After 16 months of waiting, i just received RFE notice update on my case status. I'm outside the country right now and im not back until march, but my wife will gather all the stuffs we have to sent them to the USCIS. so what will happen if they schedule for the interview, while im outside the country should i go back for the interview or reschedule ( if that happen after sending the RFE back) . Any  ideas would be appreciate.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.