a.reece

[B2] visa denied; spouse of us citizen

40 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, hannac said:

Same thing happened to my girl friend last month at the airport. The CBP agent cancelled her tourist visa in the airport and she was not allowed to go. They told her since she is married to a USC, she needs to apply for a green card.

Is this your girlfriend or wife?

12 hours ago, Elisa Segovia said:

Well, Maybe you think it's not true, I'm just telling about what happened to me on May 20, 2017, and trust me it was so true when I was in detention for 10 hours @ the airport and the  cbps agents were torturing me telling me the same things a lot of times, and of course I was so ignorant like a lot of people and I used my tourist visa on December 2016, march 2016, may 2016,and November 2016, the longest time I stayed in the United States it was for 1 month and 3 weeks,and it was only once, in some travels I just stayed for 15 days, or 1 month,  I didn't do something ilegal , i didn't even stayed for two months never, and I made everything right,  it was my first trip to the United States this year  2017, and of course I thought like you I was doing something totally legal, but trust me your not gonna believe it until you live it by your self, thanks god I tried to think about what's it was most convenient, and I didnt start  fighting and telling them "yes but I have come 4 times with the same visa" , no I said I'm sorry, I really wasn't thinking to start living in your country, but if you think that I'm sorry, and I don't have another document to travel because I didn't know if I'm married w, an us citizen I wasn't able to travel w. My B2 " and thanks god i was allowed to withdraw my application for admission but I have read a lot of cases when they didn't be able to withdraw and CBP's agents gave instead of the withdrawal the "notice and order of an expedited removal" and your automatically ban for at least five years, so try to take advice from people who has experienced recently something like this, and if you go to the states again, first talk with an attorney 

I didn't say what happened to you was true. What i am saying is not all are cancelled. One of the VJ's just went to LA this month with NOA1 only without any problem. I think it depends per individual and Immigration Officer as well. Considering you went 4x last year even though you didnt stay for a long time, it might raise an issue. 

But i read that once you have NOA2, it will be harder to enter US. Anyway, i hope you get an approval soon so you can be with your husband :)

IR1 / Nebraska Service Center

07/31/2014 : Married 

02/15/2017: Sent I-130 

02/22/2017: NOA1

03/30/2017: NOA2 YAYYYyyyyy  36 days after NOA1.. Blessed  

04/19/2017: Email from NVC

04/19/2017: DS-261 unlocked

04/21/2017: AOS paid

04/25/2017: IV paid

06/14/2017: Sent AOS Package

06/21/2017: Scan date

08/23/2017: Case Complete (9 weeks)

08/24/2017: Received automatic checklist via email from NVC to bring proof of domicile during interview. Still waiting for Interview Appointment.

08/30/2017: Received email from NVC telling that they will be schedule interview.

09/06/2017: Received email from NVC regarding Interview Date

10/25/2017: Interview Date

09/14/2017: Emailed US Embassy to cancel our interview and postpone as wife is pregnant. USEM mentioned to contact them 3 weeks prior to intended date of appointment. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would question what documents could be shown that would prove return, might be useful in marginal cases but most cases are not marginal.

Obviously there are many many spouses of US Citizens who have no issue visiting the US, they are no different to anybody else when it comes to immigrant intent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...

we have our interview for B2 visa this Monday and I am a bit worried now about my husband entering the U.S. we did not apply for the green card as we don't intend to move to the U.S. at the moment.

Timeline

Let us know how he gets on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Boiler said:

Let us know how he gets on.

Just got the call from my husband and he is approved. They gave him a link to upload his round trip ticket to make sure he is coming back. A big factor was the fact that I work here too so we had to show letter of employment from my work and my valid residency here overseas. We are going to visit my mother who has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and we got a letter from the hospital as a proof. The key is to show ties to where you live and that you are coming back.

Now, POE is what I worry about since I heard stories of people getting rejected to enter the state.  

Timeline

POE is unlikely to be an issue with a newly minted B that follows the reason you applied for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.