PedroDaGr8

July 2017 AOS Fillers

2,071 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

is there anyone from from san francisco area who got their interview scheduled?

My case was submitted on July 24th and its been at "we are scheduling your interview" since august 31, 2017.

16 hours ago, hwk said:

is there anyone from from san francisco area who got their interview scheduled?

My case was submitted on July 24th and its been at "we are scheduling your interview" since august 31, 2017.

Yes! Me!

We filed on July 7th and I've been waiting for an interview date since August, same as you. Got in touch with our lawyer and she said there's nothing we can do but wait.

I have friends from the Bay Area who filed in August and already had their interviews.

This is so ridiculous... My EAD/AP expires in Nov, which means I won;t be able to travel abroad again... Or legally work!

Insanity of USCIS :(

Timeline
1 hour ago, blackjeans said:

Yes! Me!

We filed on July 7th and I've been waiting for an interview date since August, same as you. Got in touch with our lawyer and she said there's nothing we can do but wait.

I have friends from the Bay Area who filed in August and already had their interviews.

This is so ridiculous... My EAD/AP expires in Nov, which means I won;t be able to travel abroad again... Or legally work!

Insanity of USCIS :(

Im actually in east bay , but the local office is assigned to san francisco. It seems like people in san jose area are getting them much faster though. I was hoping to get the interview next month so that i dont have to do another medical.. 

My ead/ap also expires in oct... had plans to travel abroad but now i cant because im worried that interview may be scheduled during the travel..

have you sent your extension out? 

1 minute ago, hwk said:

Im actually in east bay , but the local office is assigned to san francisco. It seems like people in san jose area are getting them much faster though. I was hoping to get the interview next month so that i dont have to do another medical.. 

My ead/ap also expires in oct... had plans to travel abroad but now i cant because im worried that interview may be scheduled during the travel..

have you sent your extension out? 

So do the medical exams need to be redone after 1 year from PD?

I was considering sending an extension for the EAD/AP, but, at this point, I don't want to spend another $800 for USCIS.

Timeline
Just now, blackjeans said:

So do the medical exams need to be redone after 1 year from PD?

I was considering sending an extension for the EAD/AP, but, at this point, I don't want to spend another $800 for USCIS.

from what i researched it is one year from the date the case was submitted. 

EAD/AP extension is also no charge as long as your case is pending. 

9 minutes ago, hwk said:

Good to know, thanks for the info!

Edited by blackjeans

We had our interview in Philadelphia this morning and were approved on the spot, the whole interview took about ten minutes and he only asked one question 'how did you guys meet?' - he then asked for evidence, we gave him the folder we brought but he only really looked at the joint checking account statements and our photos. Nice guy, said he was approving us and would receive Green Card in two weeks.

Edited by Adam&Allison

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

1 hour ago, hwk said:

Any idea how long it takes to get the extension once submitted?

1 hour ago, Adam&Allison said:

We had our interview in Philadelphia this morning and were approved on the spot, the whole interview took about ten minutes and he only asked one question 'how did you guys meet?' - he then asked for evidence, we gave him the folder we brought but he only really looked at the joint checking account statements and our photos. Nice guy, said he was approving us and would receive Green Card in two weeks.

Congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, blackjeans said:

Any idea how long it takes to get the extension once submitted?

Congratulations!!!

I just got off the phone with a USCIS Officer who said they’re taking 6 months at least to process EAD/AP renewals :(

Just now, sallymcp said:

I just got off the phone with a USCIS Officer who said they’re taking 6 months at least to process EAD/AP renewals :(

You're joking!!! Wow, this is crazy. Are you also looking to renew your ead/ap?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adam&Allison said:

Congratulations! :)

K1 VISA

11/08/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

11/09/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per FedEx

11/10/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice

11/17/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

11/21/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....received email post decision activity

xx/xx/xx....NVC Received I-129F

xx/xx/xx....Case Number Received

xx/xx/xx....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready

xx/xx/xx....Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC

xx/xx/xx.....Medical

xx/xx/xx....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, blackjeans said:

You're joking!!! Wow, this is crazy. Are you also looking to renew your ead/ap?

Yep. Reapplied this month. We are still waiting on an interview at the NOLA office. I’m thinking about scheduling an Infopass appointment just so we can find out what’s going on but I don’t know if it’s worth taking the time off. 

Just now, sallymcp said:

Yep. Reapplied this month. We are still waiting on an interview at the NOLA office. I’m thinking about scheduling an Infopass appointment just so we can find out what’s going on but I don’t know if it’s worth taking the time off. 

Probably not worth the time... Good luck!! 

2 hours ago, blackjeans said:

Probably not worth the time... Good luck!! 

I filed an SR today and I already got an answer from them: USCIS systems indicate that your case is awaiting an interview. Your local USCIS Field Office will contact you once they are able to schedule the appointment. Should you not be contacted by your local USCIS Field Office within 90 days of this notice, please contact the USCIS Contact Center at the number provided below.

Oh well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.