PedroDaGr8

July 2017 AOS Fillers

2,071 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
5 minutes ago, M&JB said:

Did the officer ask you for any specific proofs for your marriage? Did you bring a lot?

If he told you you should be receiving your green card, I think it would mean you were approved.

My husband brought our bank statement, insurance, and photos. the only one he asked and wanted to keep was the Photos and also the 2017 tax return & w-2 &1099s for 2018. 

Online status hasnt changed yet . 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ray&Ash said:

Yeah :) the lady at the DMV told me this so I chose not to :) 

Any news yet on EAD? been 6.5 months now :( 

Nope spoke to my lawyer to day she said next time I’ll make the inquiry we do it together so I don’t get the run around answers 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, hwk said:

My husband brought our bank statement, insurance, and photos. the only one he asked and wanted to keep was the Photos and also the 2017 tax return & w-2 &1099s for 2018. 

Online status hasnt changed yet . 

Did you bring a photo album or just pictures?

Good luck!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, M&JB said:

Did you bring a photo album or just pictures?

Good luck!

Multiple pictures on couple sheets. I used microsoft word and printed it out. Planned on bringing wedding album but forgot to take it with me

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 12:59 PM, hwk said:

We finished our interview! 

we got there 10 minutes before the interview time due to a heavy traffic towards San Francisco but it was ok as we were called about 40 minutes after our appointment time. 

Interview was very fast about 15 minutes. Some of the questions were:  When where and how did you meet?  Are we going to have kids? my name and parents names. and if my parents met my husband and lastly the have you ever done questions.  The agent asked if we have our 2017 tax returns and we provided it as well as the 2018 w-2 and 1099s.   That was it!  before leaving he told us that we should be getting the green card in 30 days but realistically in about 2 weeks, but could not tell us that we were approved or not.  

We are also done our interview at SF office on January 22nd. I have received notification of complete interview this morning. I will keep you updated if I hear any updates. 

We waited for 20 minutes after our appointment time and had an interview for around 40 minutes. Mostly the officer reviewed all documents submitted back to 2017 and asked if there is any new information, such as 2017 tax return, the latest pay stubs, W-2, wedding photos, any new enter/exit US border records and any change of address. Questions are pretty straight forward, such as how did you met? Where is your first date? How long have you guys been together? Where is your wedding? Who were there for the wedding? Where have you guys traveled together? Nothing is out of ordinary. Good luck for anyone is waiting for an interview or waiting for interview results! Don't let this waiting game crash your soul!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ohlala said:

We are also done our interview at SF office on January 22nd. I have received notification of complete interview this morning. I will keep you updated if I hear any updates. 

We waited for 20 minutes after our appointment time and had an interview for around 40 minutes. Mostly the officer reviewed all documents submitted back to 2017 and asked if there is any new information, such as 2017 tax return, the latest pay stubs, W-2, wedding photos, any new enter/exit US border records and any change of address. Questions are pretty straight forward, such as how did you met? Where is your first date? How long have you guys been together? Where is your wedding? Who were there for the wedding? Where have you guys traveled together? Nothing is out of ordinary. Good luck for anyone is waiting for an interview or waiting for interview results! Don't let this waiting game crash your soul!

What notification did you recieve?

my online status hasnt changed yet.. :(

Timeline
3 minutes ago, hwk said:

What notification did you recieve?

my online status hasnt changed yet.. :(

It's basically said the case under initial review. 

The following is the notification from this morning.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 

Your Case Status: Initial Review 

Your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ohlala said:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS 

Your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxxx, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. 

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition. 

Ohh thanks for sharing!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Ohlala said:

My online status just changed to New Card is being Produced!

Hello,

i have an question. I applied for renewal on May my case got accepted for renew ead on June 1 it’s been More than 6 month they haven’t send new card yet my current ead is expired I don’t know what to do ? My lawyer isn’t really helping and I checked processing date they are processing August 2018 cases and my case was accepted in June 2018 

can anyone give me suggestion what to do ? 

PD: 09/08/2017

They received: 09/11/17

Biometeric: 10/06/17

i485 changed to case is ready to schedule 10/18/17

No Ead yet as of 11/30/17 it's been 80 days yet. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, hwk said:

My online status just changed to New Card is being Produced!

Congrats!! No more crazy waiting for two years! I have received a RFE notification this morning and waiting for the official letter. I might miss one official id document at the interview and need to update it according. We will see when I get the official letter. Anyway, I am happy for you finally out of this crazy waiting game and enjoy a stress-free life!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ohlala said:

Congrats!! No more crazy waiting for two years! I have received a RFE notification this morning and waiting for the official letter. I might miss one official id document at the interview and need to update it according. We will see when I get the official letter. Anyway, I am happy for you finally out of this crazy waiting game and enjoy a stress-free life!!

Thanks! hopefully you can get yours soon as well!  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Path24 said:

Hello,

i have an question. I applied for renewal on May my case got accepted for renew ead on June 1 it’s been More than 6 month they haven’t send new card yet my current ead is expired I don’t know what to do ? My lawyer isn’t really helping and I checked processing date they are processing August 2018 cases and my case was accepted in June 2018 

can anyone give me suggestion what to do ? 

The renewal EAD notice extends your work authorization 6 months after the expiration date of your current EAD

And you can ask your attorney to request expedite your case due to financial loss. Assuming you have a job now, if you don’t get your EAD renewal by the end of extension, you will lose your job. Or just raise a service request for a long processing time. If you decide to try to expedite your case, you should also contact your congressman/congresswoman/ senator office regarding to this immigration matter. 

2 hours ago, Ohlala said:

The renewal EAD notice extends your work authorization 6 months after the expiration date of your current EAD

And you can ask your attorney to request expedite your case due to financial loss. Assuming you have a job now, if you don’t get your EAD renewal by the end of extension, you will lose your job. Or just raise a service request for a long processing time. If you decide to try to expedite your case, you should also contact your congressman/congresswoman/ senator office regarding to this immigration matter. 

Yes my extended ead time ends in May. 

My lawyer did send e request of out of processing time but they didn’t really reply to that. If I didn’t get till May I ll loose my job I work as doctor. My new contract starts in July . Will calling them would help ? I live inNew York our congressman will not do anything they are too busy to look to anyone.  

PD: 09/08/2017

They received: 09/11/17

Biometeric: 10/06/17

i485 changed to case is ready to schedule 10/18/17

No Ead yet as of 11/30/17 it's been 80 days yet. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Path24 said:

Yes my extended ead time ends in May. 

My lawyer did send e request of out of processing time but they didn’t really reply to that. If I didn’t get till May I ll loose my job I work as doctor. My new contract starts in July . Will calling them would help ? I live inNew York our congressman will not do anything they are too busy to look to anyone.  

If I really want to get my case approved, I would contact your senator and congressman. Just check https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/help/help-for-new-yorkers/request

you can send congressman/ senator a request and have them to raise a service request for the reason why you really need it.

From my experience, I tried to expedite my case by myself through calling USCIS. At the same time, I contacted our congresswoman and senator for help. Their office both tell me it’s more efficient to have them raise the request for me.. but it’s too late for this case. So I have submitted all evideces on my own. I did get approved a week after I submitted all evidence and around three weeks after raising a service request.  Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.