zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

That is the 18 month extension.  It extends the expiration date on your Green card for 18 months....

I have seen some one posting their extension letter has i797 on it and not i797C like mine and it does not have _" this notice does not grant..........."

is your extension letter same as the above with i797C?

Timeline
On August 11, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Leo7777 said:

Wife got her 18 month extension letter today.  Her critical number is 297.

We weren't too excited to get this letter because she is afraid to travel with it anyway; and yes we know that many others have traveled with the expired card and extension letter.

She will only feel comfortable traveling with the 10 year Green Card.

Hello,

may I know what is critical number? Where exactly can I find this number? Please let me know.

i received my extension letter and it has i797C on it. Below is the letter. Please let me know if your wife's extension letter looks the same with i797C or different with just i797?

Timeline
On August 11, 2018 at 7:13 PM, adj07 said:

I received my 18 months extension letter today! I'm a VSC Filer and haven't filed for N-400 yet. Hope everyone will get theirs as well soon.
NewExtension2018.thumb.jpg.4e8638ed2c1eed63dd798c8c0400e4a4.jpg

Hello,

I received my extension letter and it doesn't look like yours. Mine has i797C and states as it does not grant immigration status. Did I miss any other letter prior to it? Please let me know if you have any idea.9AF24EB6-D906-41B9-8612-3E5DF7153AB4.thumb.jpeg.46d4e0daf81208770a6531e6fea48ef8.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 8/19/2018 at 12:19 PM, Trenz said:

I was told at my USCIS appointment for my I-551 stamp that the stamp then invalidated both my green card and extension letter, thus taking the place of it.

Additionally, I do believe they physically shred your old green card upon taking it back at your interview; at least that is what I and some others on this thread have been told. At this point I do not believe it would be possible to get your green card back.

I know I would much prefer the card and letter combo, but I was starting to get way too close to my expiration date with the letter. I am a CSC filer and still have not received my 18 month letter yet (not that it would do anything now). Best course of action is just to wait out the clock on the 10 year green card. I was told by the USCIS officer at my appointment that our cohort would probably see mass movement around January-March 2019.

Hi Trenz,

How did you get your USCIS appointment? Website says "There are no current available dates"

Thank you in advance!

Stefania

1 hour ago, madhavisri0618 said:

Hello,

I received my extension letter and it doesn't look like yours. Mine has i797C and states as it does not grant immigration status. Did I miss any other letter prior to it? Please let me know if you have any idea.9AF24EB6-D906-41B9-8612-3E5DF7153AB4.thumb.jpeg.46d4e0daf81208770a6531e6fea48ef8.jpeg

I did not receive a letter (like yours) prior to my new extension letter. But it looks like you're gonna receive an official notice after this(?) I am not sure really.

I797C.jpg

2 hours ago, madhavisri0618 said:

I have seen some one posting their extension letter has i797 on it and not i797C like mine and it does not have _" this notice does not grant..........."

is your extension letter same as the above with i797C?

Your i797c  notice looks like it is just information stating that  you are extended 18months from the GC expiration date.  You may get the official i797 extension letter in the mail soon (the 1st sentence does say ' we have mailed an office notice....) . My 18month extension letter is i797 even though I ended up getting an Infopass stamp before I received that i797. 

If you are concerned about getting the i797c vs the i797 , contact the USCIS and see what they say.  

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-05
Packet 3 Received : 2014-11-13
Packet 4 Received : 2014-12-05
Medical : 2014-12-19
Interview Date : 2015-01-23 Montreal
Interview Result : Approved 2015-01-23
Loomis picked up passport from Montreal: 2015-01-27
Passport/visa in hand:2015-01-30

POE'd at Toronto Pearson Airport: 2015-04-01

SSN received: 2015-04-08 or so

Married : 2015-04-23

AOS/EAD/AP submitted as one : 2015-05-19

Biometrics AOS: 2015-06-15

EAD approved : 2015 July but did not receive until 2015-09-30

AOS interview: 2015-09-25

AOS approved: 2015-09-25

GC received: 2015-10-02

ROC I751 package mailed 7/19
uscis received package 7/21 as per USPS
check cashed 7/25/2017
noa i797 dated 7/21/2107/ WAC17293xxx
noa i797 received 7/27/2017

Biometrics not needed; used what was on file

Infopass i551 stamp ( 12months) done 8/17/2018

No RFE.

No Interview.

ROC approved Oct 25,2018.  i797 notice received Oct 29,2018 

PR card received Oct 30 2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, sky88 said:

Hi Trenz,

How did you get your USCIS appointment? Website says "There are no current available dates"

Thank you in advance!

Stefania

Hey there!

I wish I had some better information and advice for you, but to be honest, me getting a USCIS appointment for my I-551 stamp was complete and utter luck.

Explaining a bit more - My home office in Phoenix, AZ is notorious as of late for essentially being booked solid. I was scouting for an opening for a month prior to getting an open time slot. I believe it was on a Friday at around 7 AM that I happened to be browsing the appointment page when quite a few time slots were somehow available.

In terms of snagging an appointment, I have heard anecdotally that some people have luck right at the stroke of midnight refreshing the page, but this wasn't the case for me. I have seen greater numbers of people saying that early morning seems to be the sweet spot when spots usually open up across several states.

If you are looking for a bit of technology to help you out, I have read some threads on here that suggested two Chrome browser addons which can help you snag an appointment: Auto Refresh - this will automatically keep refreshing the appointment page rather than having you click the button; this is complemented by the other Chrome addon called Visualping - this is a powerful addon will give you an alert of your choosing when the page that is refreshed is different from your last viewing.

my thoughts to you is (if you do happen to get lucky and hit an opening) book it with lightning speed. I am unsure if while in the process of typing in your information that places a "soft hold" on that time slot/date, but in the event it doesn't and you could lose it, have your information ready; particularly your I-751 receipt number (E.g. WACXXXXXXXXXX/EACXXXXXXXXXX) and your Alien Registration Number found on your green card. Also ensure of the number of people attending your appointment or if you are going solo. There is an option to select how many people will be coming to the meeting, so if you spouse wants to attend, just touch base with them first so you aren't scrambling when you are on the appointment page putting in your information.

Best of luck out there. I know how difficult getting an appointment is.

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Just received a random status update from USCIS - "We are still reviewing your case..." This is the first time the date of last action has changed in a long time tho

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on August 9, 2018.

@madhavisri0618 - the first line is the hint: the original has been mailed to your lawyer or representative you chose on your G-28 form (the blue one that was submitted on top of every other form). Get in touch with your lawyer and get the original from him/her. It usually arrives at your lawyer's address about 2-3 days after that notice arrives at your place. The one that @adj07 showed is the one you can travel with; the one you have cannot be used to travel.

For the rest of you, I am a VSC filer, EAC17286 - filed July 13, 2017. At the beginning of the week (August 20) USCIS' case status showed that my card was in production and late yesterday I saw that it's changed to "card mailed." We were not interviewed again, though I did have a biometrics appointment sometime in mid-August 2017.

I'm married to another LPR so I can't go the N400 route, but I had no problems getting an I551 stamp about three weeks before the expiry of my original 12-month extension letter at the Fairfax office outside of DC. The I551 stamp is valid for a year, but I subsequently received the 18-month extension letter as well. My lawyer tells me that the I551 stamp is the date to go by, not the extension letter. For those of you looking for Infopass appointments: the new appointments became available between 11.58PM-12.02AM, but there's also an Infopass request kiosk just after security in the lobby if you want to go in person to request a spot and the kiosk seemed to always show availability - even same day, though several hours later. 

Good luck to you all. For those of you who aren't filing your naturalizations until the five-year mark, see you around in the eventual April or July 2020 N400 threads!

Edited by victorromeo

Hi All,

As per my earlier post, I received my I-551 stamp and few weeks after that received my extension letter. I am going by my I-551 stamp. Yesterday, I applied for my n400 online and submitted following docs. GC (front/back), old/new passport, 3 year tax, marriage/child certificate, spouse naturalization certificate, spouse US passport photo page, child US passport photo page, medical coverage card, 18 months extension letter, entry/exit stamps on passport, birth certificate, joint bank account letter and I-551 stamp. Do you think I missed anything?

Thanks

Edited by MB2017

Timeline
32 minutes ago, victorromeo said:

@madhavisri0618 - the first line is the hint: the original has been mailed to your lawyer or representative you chose on your G-28 form (the blue one that was submitted on top of every other form). Get in touch with your lawyer and get the original from him/her. It usually arrives at your lawyer's address about 2-3 days after that notice arrives at your place. The one that @adj07 showed is the one you can travel with; the one you have cannot be used to travel.

For the rest of you, I am a VSC filer, EAC17286 - filed July 13, 2017. At the beginning of the week (August 20) USCIS' case status showed that my card was in production and late yesterday I saw that it's changed to "card mailed." We were not interviewed again, though I did have a biometrics appointment sometime in mid-August 2017.

I'm married to another LPR so I can't go the N400 route, but I had no problems getting an I551 stamp about three weeks before the expiry of my original 12-month extension letter at the Fairfax office outside of DC. The I551 stamp is valid for a year, but I subsequently received the 18-month extension letter as well. My lawyer tells me that the I551 stamp is the date to go by, not the extension letter. For those of you looking for Infopass appointments: the new appointments became available between 11.58PM-12.02AM, but there's also an Infopass request kiosk just after security in the lobby if you want to go in person to request a spot and the kiosk seemed to always show availability - even same day, though several hours later. 

Good luck to you all. For those of you who aren't filing your naturalizations until the five-year mark, see you around in the eventual April or July 2020 N400 threads!

I have seen that line but we did not go through any lawyer. We filed our petition self. We moved to our new home and did the change of address with USCIS. 

At the time of filing for ROC, as we do not use any lawyer, We did put our residing address. This is confusing!

Timeline
14 hours ago, tdotca said:

Your i797c  notice looks like it is just information stating that  you are extended 18months from the GC expiration date.  You may get the official i797 extension letter in the mail soon (the 1st sentence does say ' we have mailed an office notice....) . My 18month extension letter is i797 even though I ended up getting an Infopass stamp before I received that i797. 

If you are concerned about getting the i797c vs the i797 , contact the USCIS and see what they say.  

I just called and they said that their system is still not updated about the i797C they sent to me as it is very recent and they dont see any other notice sent to me prior to it and I have to take info pass appointment and check with the local office if I have questions about this. 

We filed the petition ourselves without any attorney. And I confirmed with them the same that there is no attorney information on file.

I am not sure why I did not get i797 which is an official notice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just saw a June Filer 2017 approved. June 2017 California (WAC17255) filer, Check your case number ours is WAC17282 so July Filers 2017 should be coming in the next few months hopefully! Keep our thoughts positive!

K-1 Visa Timeline

I-129F Received : 2014-08-29

NOA1 : 2014-09-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-07

NVC Received : 2014-10-30

Paid visa fee $265 : 2014-11-19

Submitted DS-160 Form 2014-11-19

Interview scheduled - 2015-1-22

Visa Issued and in Hand on 2015-1-31!!       

AOS Timeline

Mailed out AOS Package to USCIS to Chicago Lockbox with tracking and signature 2015-05-09

Received email and text notification of AOS package 2015-05-15

Received hard copy of NOA1's for 3 AOS packet 2015-05-21

Successful Biometrics walk in SF Field Office on 2015-06-03

Got email notification AOS interview scheduled on 2015-09-03

Green Card in Hand - 2015-10-14!!! YAY!!!

I-751 ( ROC )

July 8, 2017 mailed I-751 packet via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking #

July 10th, 2017 I-751 Package was delivered to PO Box to USCIS Laguna Niguel

July 12, 2017  Check cashed from CSC

July 13, 2017 Received NOA1 in the mail, NOA1 Dated July 10th

February 26, 2018 case transferred to local office

August 17, 2018 Received new extension letter

September 19, 2018 Case transferred and new office has jurisdiction

September 24th, 2018 Received case transfer notice in the mail to Texas Center

October 17, 2018 Card in Production APPROVED!!! WHOO-WHOO!!!!:dance::dance:

NO RFE or Interview on ROC I751!!!

October 22nd, 2018 USPS tracking updated GC to arrive on Oct 24th!

October 23rd, 2018 Green Card in Hand!!

N-400

Dec 15th, 2018 Filed online and got NOA1

Dec 21st, 2018 Biometrics Appointment scheduled online scheduled for Jan 9th 2019

Jan 2nd, 2019 Successful Biometrics walk in

September 27, 2019 Interview Scheduled for Nov 8, 2019

Interview on Nov 8, 2019 Passed! :dance::wow:

Oath Ceremony scheduled on Dec 12, 2019

Attended Oath Ceremony Officially a US Citizen! :wow::dance:

Applied for US Passport Dec 12th, 2019

Passport in hand on Jan 17th, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
16 hours ago, Trenz said:

Hey there!

I wish I had some better information and advice for you, but to be honest, me getting a USCIS appointment for my I-551 stamp was complete and utter luck.

Explaining a bit more - My home office in Phoenix, AZ is notorious as of late for essentially being booked solid. I was scouting for an opening for a month prior to getting an open time slot. I believe it was on a Friday at around 7 AM that I happened to be browsing the appointment page when quite a few time slots were somehow available.

In terms of snagging an appointment, I have heard anecdotally that some people have luck right at the stroke of midnight refreshing the page, but this wasn't the case for me. I have seen greater numbers of people saying that early morning seems to be the sweet spot when spots usually open up across several states.

If you are looking for a bit of technology to help you out, I have read some threads on here that suggested two Chrome browser addons which can help you snag an appointment: Auto Refresh - this will automatically keep refreshing the appointment page rather than having you click the button; this is complemented by the other Chrome addon called Visualping - this is a powerful addon will give you an alert of your choosing when the page that is refreshed is different from your last viewing.

my thoughts to you is (if you do happen to get lucky and hit an opening) book it with lightning speed. I am unsure if while in the process of typing in your information that places a "soft hold" on that time slot/date, but in the event it doesn't and you could lose it, have your information ready; particularly your I-751 receipt number (E.g. WACXXXXXXXXXX/EACXXXXXXXXXX) and your Alien Registration Number found on your green card. Also ensure of the number of people attending your appointment or if you are going solo. There is an option to select how many people will be coming to the meeting, so if you spouse wants to attend, just touch base with them first so you aren't scrambling when you are on the appointment page putting in your information.

Best of luck out there. I know how difficult getting an appointment is.

Lucky me!!! Just as you said, I went to USCIS webpage at the stroke of midnight and two appointments show up upcoming September 6th. I got a confirmation number and PIN to attend my appointment. Thank you for your suggestions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.