ashcashbananas

Evidence of marriage bona fides

20 posts in this topic

I just sent pictures from the wedding, before the wedding and after on our honeymoon.  I also sent pictures of boarding passes when we traveled together and passport pages showing I did visit my wife.

I then included call log, chat history using smartphone applications such as WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, Google Voice, etc.  Last, I sent pictures of money transfers receipt I sent to my wife monthly.  I married my wife in December 2016, so it hasn't been long. 

You can't add your spouse's name to you bank account unless they have a SSN and they have to go to the bank to sign papers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 7/24/2017 at 11:31 AM, Ismael&Blair said:

FYI...it will be hard to add him to your bank accounts or credit cards because he will need a social security number and ID to show he is already in the US. Plus,  he may need to sign paperwork at a bank.  I tried to do these suggestions when we were going through the process. Couldn't do or submit those.

The best advice I got was from the USCIS customer service person on the phone when I asked them what does Evidence of bonafide relationship means. She said everyone's case is unique. You need to show it as best to what pertain to your relationship. So I took it to my interpretation is to "Illustrate and tell a story of you and your spouse relationship as if people are reading it in a book". 

Lastly, I think including more notarized statements from the petitioner's side of family and friends stating their observation of the relationship and/or acknowledgement/participation of their relationship will outweigh the ones submitted from the beneficiary's side.

Good luck & best wishes.

Thank you for your feedback. It's appreciated. I already sent off my packet and I got my NOA1. I'm hoping that what I sent will be good enough.

:wub:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 2:10 AM, ashcashbananas said:

Good evening everyone;

My husband and I don't have children together, joint bank accounts, nor do we have any property or shared expenses. I am trying to file the I-130 paperwork and it says I can include evidence of marriage bona fides. When I was in my husband's home country, his mom and dad wrote a letter about how we met and how I come there to stay with them all when I can, and that they were present for our wedding. They took the letter and had it notarized.. Can this be used as evidence of marriage bona fides? If not, can someone PLEASE help me ASAP.

Thank you in advance;

Ashley

What we sent to USCIS are:

1). I- 130 Petition.

2). Pay Check of $535

3). Completed&Signed G- 325A for Beneficiary&Petitioner. 

4). I- 130A for beneficiary(Me).

5). 1 copy of 2×2 passport photograph each for me&my husband(Our names written at the back of each passport photo).

Our Marriage Certificates(Legal&Traditional)

6). A copy of my husband's Naturalization Certificate.

7). Marriage Registration with the Intergovernmental Marriage Committe of Nigeria&sent a copy of the confirmation Page.

8). My husband's Flight Iteneries&Milleages.

9). My husband's passport Stamps from the US to Nigeria. 

10). My husband made me a beneficiary on his life insurance

11). Sworn Affidavits of Bona fide Marriage/Relationship from me,my husband,my mum,my brother&my husband's cousin(third party)who attended your wedding all notarized at the High Court of Justice&signed before a high court Judge.

12). Birth Certificate of Petitioner&Beneficiary.

13). Our pictures before,during&after our wedding,family&friends inclusive.

14). Hotel Receipts.

15).Our Engagement&Wedding Ring Receipts.

16). Our wedding invitation.

17). My Wedding Gown&Accesories Reciepts.

18). Sworn Affidavits of Change my change of maiden name to my husband's name.

19). The Nigerian Observer Newspaper Publication of Change of Name.

20).Changed from my  Maiden to Married Name on my Bank Account,Drivers License,Voter's Card

21). Money transfer receipts from my husband to me(recent ones now shows my husband's name)

22). Some of our wedding souvenirs.

23). Our Phone Records.

24). Whatsapp Chats&Calls.

25). Facebook Records.

Already gathering more proofs to side load our petition for the NVC stage when we get approved because my country(Nigeria)is a high fraud country. 

Good luck to you on this journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, ashcashbananas said:

Thank you for your feedback. It's appreciated. I already sent off my packet and I got my NOA1. I'm hoping that what I sent will be good enough.

:wub:

Side- load your petition when it gets to the NVC. Happy waiting 

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.