Techniix

K1 - Fiance Visa Help

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 2/25/2018 at 10:30 PM, Techniix said:

Okay... Making a quick update here. So happy to say that I did get to meet her in September for my birthday. We didn't meet in the Philippines but met halfway in Hong Kong for our vacation together there. So I have a few questions now in regard to that. The only proof that I have unfortunately is my plane tickets there and back, bank statements where I used ATM in Hong Kong, and receipts. For some reason my passport was never stamped. This was my first time traveling out of country and I wasn't sure what to expect. Will this be enough proof? Also... She applied for a tourist visa to visit me before we made the Hong Kong plans... She didn't lie or anything... It just didn't end in our favor. We've actually considered applying for another so she could have a long-ish stay with me and my family as a vacation before we do the K-1... We're just very discouraged from other posts on this forum and we don't think we'll have much luck based on the fact that she's a young single woman and has recently moved to Manila with a new job there so she could be closer to the embassy there for our process. Basically my worry is my proofs for the fiance visa may not be enough (I do have lots of pictures though) and I just want to know thoughts from those who have been through it successful or otherwise. 

Do you have photos together? That can be used  as proof. And if you have your plane tickets etc, it should be fine if your passport isn’t stamped. Some countries don’t stamp passports.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
6 hours ago, Techniix said:

We do have many photos. And I have ticket or ticket stubs for the way there and the return trip. 

That should be sufficient enough. There are always chances of RFE but even so that’s a lot of evidence showing that you’ve met in person.

with yourphotos, try and explain where and when they were taken too.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/25/2018 at 8:30 PM, Techniix said:

Okay... Making a quick update here. So happy to say that I did get to meet her in September for my birthday. We didn't meet in the Philippines but met halfway in Hong Kong for our vacation together there. So I have a few questions now in regard to that. The only proof that I have unfortunately is my plane tickets there and back, bank statements where I used ATM in Hong Kong, and receipts. For some reason my passport was never stamped. This was my first time traveling out of country and I wasn't sure what to expect. Will this be enough proof? Also... She applied for a tourist visa to visit me before we made the Hong Kong plans... She didn't lie or anything... It just didn't end in our favor. We've actually considered applying for another so she could have a long-ish stay with me and my family as a vacation before we do the K-1... We're just very discouraged from other posts on this forum and we don't think we'll have much luck based on the fact that she's a young single woman and has recently moved to Manila with a new job there so she could be closer to the embassy there for our process. Basically my worry is my proofs for the fiance visa may not be enough (I do have lots of pictures though) and I just want to know thoughts from those who have been through it successful or otherwise. 

Congratulations on the meet! I don't think your passport not being stamped will be an issue. As long as you have proof of you being together in the same place at the same time eg - both of your flight itineraries flying to Hong Kong, photos of you two together in Hong Kong, my fiancé and I also included tickets and reciepts of tickets and activities we did together, (sight seeing stuff, kayaking, day spas etc) and these bookings all coincided with the dates we were vacationing together and we also included photos from the various activities that matched the bookings.

You could include a couple of pages from your credit card statement too while you were abroad and highlight certain transactions.

Good luck! All the best to you both! 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you guys so much for all your help! I feel really good about things right now and we're going to go ahead with the K1 application. I have boarding passes, itineraries, bank statements, receipts, etc and from what I've read on here I feel those will be just enough. My only worry is a lot of people have met their fiance several times by the time they apply and we've only met once. If there is anybody who knows how the interview process in Manila would go and could speak on their experiences there I think that would help me a lot too with what to expect and prepare for. I think my two strongest pieces of photo evidence were taken by tourist attractions in Hong Kong. Got the whole "verifiable landmarks" thing going for it. The rest are just photos of us together in general. Not really any landmarks in those... was worried about that as well. This is all very new to me but I'm so excited. Thanks again to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.