JustinS

I-130 June 2017 Filers

744 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, Curiousmind said:

I called today and got my number, however, its not working on the website as yet.

when you call did they tell you how far your filing reach? trying to find out about mine

Timeline
18 hours ago, crissyfisher said:

when you call did they tell you how far your filing reach? trying to find out about mine

Yea, they told me they were just proceessing the invoice number 

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

Case approved!!

PD: 06/01/17

NOA2: 01/02/18 (215 days)

Center: Texas

No case status update online. Found out about it via letter in mail.

US Citizen

Approval notice states:

"The above petition has been approved.  As the petitioner requests, we have sent the petition to the US Dep.... NVC, 32 Rochester Ave, Portsmouth, NH.... The NVCprocesses approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action.  It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete the visa processing.  The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps.

You should allow a minimum of 30 days for the US Department of State processing before contacting the NVC...."

Question: Does this mean the petition is now sent to NVC? Or is this standard reply? I am afraid Texas takes a long time to send petition to NVC. Does anyone know ways to expedite this process?

37 minutes ago, rajtpd said:

Case approved!!

PD: 06/01/17

NOA2: 01/02/18 (215 days)

Center: Texas

No case status update online. Found out about it via letter in mail.

US Citizen

Approval notice states:

"The above petition has been approved.  As the petitioner requests, we have sent the petition to the US Dep.... NVC, 32 Rochester Ave, Portsmouth, NH.... The NVCprocesses approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action.  It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete the visa processing.  The NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the beneficiary of this petition with further information about immigrant visa processing steps.

You should allow a minimum of 30 days for the US Department of State processing before contacting the NVC...."

Question: Does this mean the petition is now sent to NVC? Or is this standard reply? I am afraid Texas takes a long time to send petition to NVC. Does anyone know ways to expedite this process?

Sometimes USCIS don't send it right away. Mine was approved 12/14/17 and on 12/21/17 they updated my case status with the below message.

NVC confirmed receiving it on 12/28/17 after I called them. 

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On December 21, 2017, we sent your case, Receipt Number YSCxxxxxxxxx, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

34 minutes ago, Kucha said:

Sometimes USCIS don't send it right away. Mine was approved 12/14/17 and on 12/21/17 they updated my case status with the below message.

NVC confirmed receiving it on 12/28/17 after I called them. 

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On December 21, 2017, we sent your case, Receipt Number YSCxxxxxxxxx, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

soooo mine was approved 12/08 and my online status hasn’t updated does that mean they didn’t send it to NVC yet ☹️

Timeline
4 hours ago, teasamed said:

soooo mine was approved 12/08 and my online status hasn’t updated does that mean they didn’t send it to NVC yet ☹️

The nvc has your form once the status updates ,I've been approved from the 20/12/2017 and I've called nvc a couple a times but nothing, i called USCIS they said nvc should have the mail anywhere between the 15-19 so as far as my knowledge goes it looks like with Texas you have to wait our the 30 days or close to it before nvc get your file

My case finally got approved 🙌🙌

PD: 06/28/17

NOA2: 01/09/18

Texas service center

US citizen, approval via mail (no online updates yet) ☺️☺️☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, Alex & Ivan said:

Texas service center

please don't forget to update your timeline

Timeline
On 1/9/2018 at 10:03 PM, Alex & Ivan said:

Texas service center

Congrats!! They only update online status when they have actually mailed out the case to NVC!

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

After spending the last 3 weeks in England with my husband, I was sad to have to come back to the US without him. However, I arrived home to an approval letter!! On to the NVC!

PD: 06/14/2017

NOA2: 01/04/2018

Texas Service Center

US Citizen approved via mail

22 minutes ago, Saturn123 said:

Please let us know if any case filed in june that went to Nebraska center has been approved. My case was received on 6th June, 2017, but nothing more than a receipt letter has been received. Please suggest what to do next? Will calling USCIS be helpful...

My case was received by Nebraska center on 22 June and have not heard anything from them since then too. 

I’m also wondering if anyone else from Nebraska has received any good news yet.

1 hour ago, Saturn123 said:

Please let us know if any case filed in june that went to Nebraska center has been approved. My case was received on 6th June, 2017, but nothing more than a receipt letter has been received. Please suggest what to do next? Will calling USCIS be helpful...

Same her case was received on 13th June. No update yet I think we will get approved by next month. Nebraska is a bit slow than other centres 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.