MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Fatima el orra said:

I hv updated today...after  the assistent of the congresswoman talked to them....anybody knows if this update is gd signal...or her call ll help me??

If your case status updated and you know the congresswoman contacted on your behalf then the update is most likely related to that. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

But this ll help my case...u know if is gd signal ...cz she talked to them last week nd the update was today

Edited by Fatima el orra

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husbands interview was on October 4th, and in administrative processing. We had update October 16 then date updated past 3 days each day now we recieved an email with questions? Any one else had this kind of email?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Luckystar78 said:

My husbands interview was on October 4th, and in administrative processing. We had update October 16 then date updated past 3 days each day now we recieved an email with questions? Any one else had this kind of email?

Yes.  Our interview was on October 23rd we had a few updates then received the questionnaire via email on the 30th and responded the same day.   Now we are waiting...

19 hours ago, Fatima el orra said:

She said they told her they still checking.but i dnt know if her call help or no... they dnt told her time frame

Yup, same thing happened with me. Senator inquired on my behalf, literally told him that there is no predictable timeline.... we just have to wait it out... 

Edited by Sarac9

Hi everybody, just wanted to share my story:

I'm a cinematographer from Russia, and I got my O-1B visa approved in the end of May (it was very long and difficult way, which took 18 months). I scheduled an appointment to 21 June. The lawyers said it would be just a formality, as my visa had been already approved, so I even bought a ticket to LA and booked an Airbnb flat. However, after the interview, the officer said that my visa was perfect, but they had to do a security check, because 4 years ago I had gone to North Korea (due to my job I travel a lot, so I was shooting a documentary film about Russian Koreans who visited their motherlands in North and South Korea). I was put on AP and 3 days later I was asked to fill the DS-5535.

I've been waiting for 4 months already with no updates (I reached the consular 2 times, but they left me without any useful information), and considering the messages on this forum, I'm just in the beginning of this humiliating journey.

I was signed to shoot a couple of big features films in LA, which provided me deal memos to support my visa, but now I have to tell the producers that I won't be able to shoot the films, because nobody knows how long AP will take. The O1-B visa lasts 3 years, and since it was already approved in the end of May, I'm just waisting it right now. I already lost 5 months. I bet, at the and of AP the consulate will ask me to provide new deal memos. And of course they won't prolong my visa to the period of waiting for AP. I'm so furious. 

Edited by Kefirux

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Yes.  Our interview was on October 23rd we had a few updates then received the questionnaire via email on the 30th and responded the same day.   Now we are waiting...

So looks like this questionnaire is normal. I see your journey has been a long one, I pray that it will be over very soon so you and your husband can move on to the next happier journey in your lives.

15 hours ago, Luckystar78 said:

So looks like this questionnaire is normal. I see your journey has been a long one, I pray that it will be over very soon so you and your husband can move on to the next happier journey in your lives.

The questionnaire is not normal, it didn't exist until trump administration implemented it in May 2017. They are just purposefully prolonging issuing visas for even those eligible. 

7 hours ago, S.S said:

Yes but the waiting is not normal.

It's the new normal now. At least for anyone from any non European country. 2 years ago, we were seeing the whole process take 5-6 months. Now 12-18 months is the expected wait time, on average. 

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

1 minute ago, ibnfawzi said:

It's the new normal now. At least for anyone from any non European country. 2 years ago, we were seeing the whole process take 5-6 months. Now 12-18 months is the expected wait time, on average. 

Sorry i dint understand? I am waiting for more than 8 months now and there are people waiting for more than 14 months.. After 2 years of waiting( the time frame we knew already) for this whole process we had our interview, but this DS-5535 questionnaire waiting has no time frame which is highly disturbing and not normal. I hope every one gets the visa fast.

1 hour ago, S.S said:

Sorry i dint understand? I am waiting for more than 8 months now and there are people waiting for more than 14 months.. After 2 years of waiting( the time frame we knew already) for this whole process we had our interview, but this DS-5535 questionnaire waiting has no time frame which is highly disturbing and not normal. I hope every one gets the visa fast.

Basically what I'm saying is that now with trump and ds5535, the wait/process time has more than tripled.

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

As-salamu alaykum,

Any updates from any of you?   My last update was on 11/6 oddly enough around 1 or 2pm USA time.   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.