MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, IrelandDos said:

Soo.. the legal department of my company has contacted the embassy for an estimate dates for DS-5535 completion.

The reply was.. "DS-5535 takes from 2 to 7 months to get approved."

I have applied for a B2 visa - business visit.

It got approved in person, took my passport then called me the day after to fill the DS-5535 form.

Then why do they make people wait for more than a year? It's been 7 months since my interview and 5 months since i filled that form ds5535. Hopefully everything get resolves soon. Good luck to u as well and thanks for sharing this.

On 4/13/2018 at 3:44 AM, S.S said:

My husband is a green card holder in US. I had my interview on 5th March 2018( last month) Can i also contact the congressman? as i am not the sponserer, my husband is.

Usually the sponsor who is a green card holder or a citizen is the one who will speak on behalf the visa applicant. Yes, your husband can always write to his senator. 

On 4/13/2018 at 11:59 AM, tiyyo said:

Hi TangierMorocco~

Yes I am US citizen trying to get my husband here...I was just asking if you could give me some ideas in what to say in the email/letter to our representatives. I thought while we are a group of people trying to get our loved ones here, the more letters and emails sent to them will make them see how much waiting we are doing. 

How long have you been waiting? You don't have your timeline filled out....

I have been waiting for four month so far after the interview. You can write to your congress representative to let them know that you are currently waiting indefinitely after completing all requirements including the interview. We need more senator to know about this delays. They do not know about this.

Hi, I am Moroccan American Citizen, Maann.. I still remember all these headaches but trust me you will get there like I did :). There is nothing to worry about. Here are some dates that may help you.

My Wife's interview: 07/17/2017

They took her passports and told her to wait for an email. I got an email and I emailed ds 5535 on 08/03.

I keep emailing them every couple weeks just to make sure they got my email. They kept saying I just have to wait. Thanks got her passport with the VISA was sent to aramex Casablanca 10/23. Good luck everyone

3 hours ago, Salamano said:

Hi, I am Moroccan American Citizen, Maann.. I still remember all these headaches but trust me you will get there like I did :). There is nothing to worry about. Here are some dates that may help you.

My Wife's interview: 07/17/2017

They took her passports and told her to wait for an email. I got an email and I emailed ds 5535 on 08/03.

I keep emailing them every couple weeks just to make sure they got my email. They kept saying I just have to wait. Thanks got her passport with the VISA was sent to aramex Casablanca 10/23. Good luck everyone

Thanks Salamano for the positive note and experience.  Congratulations for joining your loved one! In your case it was only three month, some of us waiting more than 7 months. I am waiting more than 4 months for my wife visa!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 4/14/2018 at 1:17 AM, N&I said:

How long you are in the process 

My husband had his interview on February 20th this year.  He was given the form to email the information the same day. We sent out the email that night.....

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Update:

My parents finally got their visa issued! They had their interview on Jan 8, 2018 and we were asked to submit DS-5535 a week later for my dad only. I noticed updates almost everyday for a couple of weeks and then it was nothing. They were issued visa a week ago. For what I have seen, for parents it is a quick process andDS-5535 is not a common ask, but either way, we had to go through that wait regardless. 

I wish each and everyone here the best of luck and I hope your wait ends soon!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Waiting4Parents said:

Update:

My parents finally got their visa issued! They had their interview on Jan 8, 2018 and we were asked to submit DS-5535 a week later for my dad only. I noticed updates almost everyday for a couple of weeks and then it was nothing. They were issued visa a week ago. For what I have seen, for parents it is a quick process andDS-5535 is not a common ask, but either way, we had to go through that wait regardless. 

I wish each and everyone here the best of luck and I hope your wait ends soon!

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.