MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
52 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

hahaha sorry I don't mean to imply anything :P:jest:

So... and I'm afraid to ask you this, but... which number am I calling? 

202-647-6575 or call 202-647-4000 and it will direct you to the same place 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tarsha said:

202-647-6575 or call 202-647-4000 and it will direct you to the same place 

Okay so I just called NVC at 603 334 0700, option 8 for people who have already had their interview at the embassy,  and a lovely gentleman said that he sees that the administrative processing for the social media has not been completed yet. 

We talked about the question about whether or not the case is at the embassy, and I realized that that is a silly topic since in this digital age, the information that needs to be checked can be transferred digitally to other agencies (in this case, our physical folder is in Madrid, but they have sent his security info to some other agency to be checked)... soooo ... yes, our case is "at" the embassy but they have requested that other agencies do this security check. Guess it doesn't matter "where" that is being done...

So the only new info I have now is that the AP for the social media is not yet complete.

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Tarsha said:

Hi, yes the ds5535 is done in Washington. I was told by the DOS that their processing is done and the hold up for our case is the administrative part at the embassy. Contact the DOS and see if your case is the same 

I got a email from isb embassy on nov 28th saying my wifes ds 5535 was acceptable in our visa case. So can anyone tell me what's the hold up... our anniversary was yeaterday marks 2 years with a daughter whos gonna turn 1 next month. I just don't understand this... So nerve racking 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
4 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

I got a email from isb embassy on nov 28th saying my wifes ds 5535 was acceptable in our visa case. So can anyone tell me what's the hold up... our anniversary was yeaterday marks 2 years with a daughter whos gonna turn 1 next month. I just don't understand this... So nerve racking 

No idea Man what’s going on just keep calm and inshaalah good news will come soon

Timeline
3 hours ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Sounds like your case is like mine and is undergoing administrative review at the embassy. If you are the USC, see if you can request a supervisor to look into your case. I was told it’s your right to request a supervisor. I understand. Our anniversary will mark 3 years the 28th 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

Sounds like your case is like mine and is undergoing administrative review at the embassy. If you are the USC, see if you can request a supervisor to look into your case. I was told it’s your right to request a supervisor. I understand. Our anniversary will mark 3 years the 28th 

I just emailed DOS... U think that would make any diffrence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, rafiq akhtar said:

I just emailed DOS... U think that would make any diffrence

Can somee please put together the number and email address for DOS? There are few numbers here and a bit confusing. I tried and no luck. Do they work within the US only? Also I did some search but couldn’t find exactnumber. Thanks 

Edited by letitgo

Timeline
1 hour ago, letitgo said:

Can somee please put together the number and email address for DOS? There are few numbers here and a bit confusing. I tried and no luck. Do they work within the US only? Also I did some search but couldn’t find exactnumber. Thanks 

202-647-4000. Are you the petitioner? 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

You may not get a response back by email

Can the DOS call the embassy where the interview was and say eveything has been cleared ages agao and tell them to hurry the process or no?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Can the DOS call the embassy where the interview was and say eveything has been cleared ages agao and tell them to hurry the process or no?

No, but you can request a supervisor if you’re the USC

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

No, but you can request a supervisor if you’re the USC

Is there any point of that if they can't call and speed the process. To me it seems the embassy really don't they give to whom they like 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I don't think Department of State can do anything when it's at the US embassy. You need to get your governor or state representative involved they can inquire and figure out what the situation is. 

Use this link
http://ziplook.house.gov

And the US citizen can search for their local house of Rep using their zip code in the top right corner. 

Contact them and fill out a privacy release form 

Edited by Eternity1516
additional info
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Lebanon
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-06-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-05
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16

I-130 Approved : 2018-02-20
NVC Received : 2018-03-12

Send AOS Package : 2018-05-25
Submit DS-261 : 2018-05-24

Case Completed at NVC : 2018-06-25

Interview Date : 2018-08-07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.