MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Timeline
6 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Hi... any update?

Yes, a day later I posted the following and no word from them since that time:

Here is the expected response that I received from the consulate inquiry I made last night:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry.  Your husband’s case is still undergoing necessary administrative processing. We know the wait can be frustrating,  however, since this processing takes place outside of our office, we have no control over the length of time it will take.  Please rest assured that we will notify your husband as soon as the processing is complete and we can move forward with his case.

DEAB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Waiting4Parents said:

Yes. My dad was requested to fill out a form that is identical to DS-5535 after his interview on Jan 3rd. Even if the form is not in use "officially", I am assuming it is still being requested. Either way, it is causing the cases to slow down. 

No update since I sent the DS-5535 via email. 

23 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

This form, DS-5535, is what many on this thread are talking about, because it has put them into Administrative Processing, and many are waiting for months with no information.

The DS-5535 is a form that has been given to visa applicants at their interview, and asks for supplementary information about their family, their travels, their social media names and email addresses, etc.

I am asking whether it was renewed since it was supposed to be valid only from May through November 2017.

Soooo. .. are these a legal requests then?  Or does that not matter because... we have no recourse? 😑

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

I also had a date update on 16 Jan then today on 23 Jan as well. Hopefully we all have something good to share with each other very soon.

Yeaa me too. Update today last update was nov 29th

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shazyyo said:

Thats great if u also had an update.. When was your interview and when did u fill that form? What about people who have got their visa issued? How they used to get date updates on ceac? We should ask any of them abt this

Interview was july 24th and got email for ds 5535 in sep... what about u

7 minutes ago, rafiq akhtar said:

Interview was july 24th and got email for ds 5535 in sep... what about u

Oh.. You have been waiting for so long. I will pray that may u get your visa really very soon. My interview was on 20 Sep.. And got the questionnaire form in Nov.. And got two updates in december and now two updates in january. Waiting for something so important is just  so painful. I left my university in september when i got approved by the VO and he said i can get my passport back in 4 days.. I didn't know all this will happen. Praying so much for better and quick results

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

Oh.. You have been waiting for so long. I will pray that may u get your visa really very soon. My interview was on 20 Sep.. And got the questionnaire form in Nov.. And got two updates in december and now two updates in january. Waiting for something so important is just  so painful. I left my university in september when i got approved by the VO and he said i can get my passport back in 4 days.. I didn't know all this will happen. Praying so much for better and quick results

Hi there!

My parents aged 60 went through an interview on 3rd of January (immigrant visa)

US Embassy Islamabad kept their passports and they received a white slip.

the next day my father received an email regards DS5535.

we submitted the info on 7th jan.

his case was updated on 8th, 12th, 16th, 20, and 23rd of jan..

what do u reckon when are they going to get visas.?

however my mother case was updated only 2 times which was 16th and 23rd jan..( today)

please share your experiences 

thanks

1 hour ago, Saeed khn said:

Hi there!

however my mother case was updated only 2 times which was 16th and 23rd jan..( today)

thanks

Hi,

We both are in the same boat. It's possible our parents crossed paths at the embassy as well. 

My parents, over 60, had an interview for their immigration visa at Islamabad on 3rd January as well. Despite the fact that all of the documents were meticulously submitted ahead of time, they were still given a white slip and their passports were kept. I received the request to fill DS-5535 on the 9th for my dad only, which was submitted right away. Since then, I have seen updates on his case almost everyday, except for a couple of days without any activity. My mom's case was updated only once, which was 23rd. Just like you, and everyone else on this forum, I have no idea what is going on or how long would it take. I sent an inquiry for my mom a few days back and got a response that the case is under AP.  I was thinking we were the only one's who were going through this (particularly for parents immigration) and was starting to get concerned. At this point, it is all prayers and positive hopes. Please keep us updated! I will keep everyone informed about the progress as well. 

2 hours ago, Saeed khn said:

Hi there!

thanks

Don't worry. InshaAllah they will get their visa soon. If they've got updates in such a short interval.. Then its a good sign for sure. My interview was on 20 September.. I got approved.. They didn't give me white slip and asked me to get passport back in 4 days. But then put my case on processing... I got DS5535 in November. Now waiting for visa. My case is also updated today. Bt still in AP. Hopefully your parents get approved asap. Do pray. Its the only option

42 minutes ago, Waiting4Parents said:

Hi,

We both are in the same boat. It's possible our parents crossed paths at the embassy as well. 

My parents, over 60, had an interview for their immigration visa at Islamabad on 3rd January as well. Despite the fact that all of the documents were meticulously submitted ahead of time, they were still given a white slip and their passports were kept. I received the request to fill DS-5535 on the 9th for my dad only, which was submitted right away. Since then, I have seen updates on his case almost everyday, except for a couple of days without any activity. My mom's case was updated only once, which was 23rd. Just like you, and everyone else on this forum, I have no idea what is going on or how long would it take. I sent an inquiry for my mom a few days back and got a response that the case is under AP.  I was thinking we were the only one's who were going through this (particularly for parents immigration) and was starting to get concerned. At this point, it is all prayers and positive hopes. Please keep us updated! I will keep everyone informed about the progress as well. 

Best of luck to all. I think today (23rd Jan) everyone got updates on Ceac. Including me and my father now there are 5 people on this forum which have got date update today on ceac.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Best of luck to all. I think today (23rd Jan) everyone got updates on Ceac. Including me and my father now there are 5 people on this forum which have got date update today on ceac.

I have also received an update today after 4 months (without making and inquiry)! I hope this means something lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Shazyyo said:

Haha.. It means they have updated their whole system! This is why all of us have got date update today.

I never get update the only time I get update is when I sent them email. So I guess I don’t have any luck

5 minutes ago, yousef5 said:

I never get update the only time I get update is when I sent them email. So I guess I don’t have any luck

No this is not the reason. It happened with me as well almost 3-4 times i got an update when i sent an email to them.. This is the second update without any email... And many people here are also saying they have got a date update as well. It means its only bcz of their system. Just pray to Allah...He is the only one who can move anything... He can make everything possible. This is only a status update and a small task for him. All the very best to you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.