p_a_m_i_e

If we park our vehicle in El Paso and take a cab to Ciudad Juarez is it safe?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why is everyone so afraid of Juarez? I drove all over the city and never had a problem? My wife was afraid for me a little but she worries alot for me when i am there. I was never afraid, just had to be careful of a few crazy drivers. She lived in a decent neighborhood so it was safe. She knows the city extremely well so we never got lost and she kept me away from the bad parts of town. One time I drove 18 hours to visit and took the wrong bridge (downtown) and got lost. Luckily my sprint cell switched over to roaming and calling her was a local call so she found me and I followed her home.

The safest place to leave a car would be the airport in El Paso then take a cab to Juarez.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

LOL, they'll probably be gone the same day.

If you have a nice set of rims on your car they might be gone the next day. :jest:

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

It's not that I am afraid of Juarez although over the past few years, a lot of crazy things have started happening - execution style killings, disappearing women (over 300), and the corrupt police officers in Juarez <------- as lon gas you have money you are okay with them, you can just pay them. Are you familiar with the drug lords over there? I loved going shopping there and it was more safe if you were with a crowd. I never crossed the border alone - especially at night. I lived there for most of my life and I suppose when you grow up in a lower-class, poorer part of the city where craziness does occur, you just stay overly cautious. I have had my stereo system stolen out of my car twice - both times were right in front of my house. I was robbed by a crackhead at the age of 17.

I now live in a town which is considered safe. People here leave their car doors unlocked overnight. I see 6 year olds walking to and from school all alone. I am not used to that. We could NOT in a million years do that when I lived in El Paso.

Why is everyone so afraid of Juarez? I drove all over the city and never had a problem? My wife was afraid for me a little but she worries alot for me when i am there. I was never afraid, just had to be careful of a few crazy drivers. She lived in a decent neighborhood so it was safe. She knows the city extremely well so we never got lost and she kept me away from the bad parts of town. One time I drove 18 hours to visit and took the wrong bridge (downtown) and got lost. Luckily my sprint cell switched over to roaming and calling her was a local call so she found me and I followed her home.

The safest place to leave a car would be the airport in El Paso then take a cab to Juarez.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We live is a very safe city also in NW Arkansas. I have to tell my wife she doesn't have to worry about locking her car or worry about someone breaking in. Even in the safest towns it still happens but you don't have to worry too much. Juarez isn't much worse than some parts of any major US city except for the drug lords shooting people but there are drive by shootings in LA and NY probably just as bad? If someone wants to go to risky places in CDJ then yes it is dangerous but going to Wal-Mart or the mall isn't any worse that doing the same in a major US city. I have had friends and relatives that have gone shopping and when the returned to their cars tires, and radios have been stolen.

For women the world is dangerous no matter where you go. Women can never trust men because there are so many preditors out there that if given the opportunity they would take advantage. I would not want my wife to go grocery shopping at night alone even in the smallest and safest towns in the US. All it takes is one bad person that sees an opportunity.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We live is a very safe city also in NW Arkansas. I have to tell my wife she doesn't have to worry about locking her car or worry about someone breaking in. Even in the safest towns it still happens but you don't have to worry too much. Juarez isn't much worse than some parts of any major US city except for the drug lords shooting people but there are drive by shootings in LA and NY probably just as bad? If someone wants to go to risky places in CDJ then yes it is dangerous but going to Wal-Mart or the mall isn't any worse that doing the same in a major US city. I have had friends and relatives that have gone shopping and when the returned to their cars tires, and radios have been stolen.

For women the world is dangerous no matter where you go. Women can never trust men because there are so many preditors out there that if given the opportunity they would take advantage. I would not want my wife to go grocery shopping at night alone even in the smallest and safest towns in the US. All it takes is one bad person that sees an opportunity.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Post is four months old - she's been to CDJ and back home for a LONG time.

Information can always be helpful to new people asking similiar questions :thumbs:

Obviously but the reason I posted that was because Magnolia was addressing questions directly to the OP who no longer posts here . . . .

Apropos of nothing... Hi KitKat! Didn't know you had come back! :thumbs:

We crossed the border to Juarez, my coworkers and I about two years ago, Juarez was OK but I am a fan of Tijuana! One coworker wanted her passport stamped on our return and they looked at her like she was nuts :lol: She was the only one with a passport and they just looked at our drivers licenses for the rest of us.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Information can always be helpful to new people asking similiar questions :thumbs:

Obviously but the reason I posted that was because Magnolia was addressing questions directly to the OP who no longer posts here . . . .

actually the last time the OP posted was August 8th, 2007...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Forgive me - let me reword that. The OP doesn't often post here anymore, which I thought Magnolia might appreciate knowing since she directed some questions directly to her.

Hi KitKat! Didn't know you had come back

Unfortunately, I never left . . .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Forgive me - let me reword that. The OP doesn't often post here anymore, which I thought Magnolia might appreciate knowing since she directed some questions directly to her.

Hi KitKat! Didn't know you had come back

Unfortunately, I never left . . .

oh ok :thumbs: sorry for misunderstanding :blush:

mvSuprise-hug.gif