TBoneTX

Any Dutch/American Couples?? [Part II]

415 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So i had to send my birth certificate by mail after my interview because I had requested the wrong document.

I sent them a renewed police certificate and my birth certificate about 10 days ago.

Now I received an email from them to send them my passport, which scared me because my passport is quite important to me...

What could it mean they ask for my passport? Is this good or bad?

I'm sending it today, like in an hour or so.

Another Dutch/American couple here. My husband (USC) and I are at the NVC stage of our CR1 rollercoaster ride... So far I have to say that things went pretty quickly for us so I should not complain! 😁

We uploaded all the requested documentation to CEAC today so now yet another wait ahead of us.. I keep hoping that, because I am from a very low risk country, they might review our documents sooner than in 3 weeks but I will stay realistic!

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

13 hours ago, Bunbunbunny said:

So i had to send my birth certificate by mail after my interview because I had requested the wrong document.

I sent them a renewed police certificate and my birth certificate about 10 days ago.

Now I received an email from them to send them my passport, which scared me because my passport is quite important to me...

What could it mean they ask for my passport? Is this good or bad?

I'm sending it today, like in an hour or so.

Them asking for your passport is 100% a positive thing. That means they were satisfied with what you sent. They can't print a visa without a passport (it will be in one of your pages). No worries!

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline
On 4/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, Dutchster said:

Them asking for your passport is 100% a positive thing. That means they were satisfied with what you sent. They can't print a visa without a passport (it will be in one of your pages). No worries!

Thank you for your answer, so it's finally time to be optimistic ^-^

They at this moment changed the case status to "ready" not sure if that was a mistake or not but as long as it all goes well I'm good with it

It will go from ready to administrative processing to ready to issued. Very normal process. Breathe, you'll be fine. 

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/30/2019 at 6:39 PM, Dutchster said:

It will go from ready to administrative processing to ready to issued. Very normal process. Breathe, you'll be fine. 

yup you were right

So I have this huge envelope (it has a small tear in it...), sealed with tape.

Am I allowed to open that or not? my passport is inside it? I kinda need the passport to travel right?

Sorry for the amount of questions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 5/10/2019 at 3:10 AM, Bunbunbunny said:

yup you were right

So I have this huge envelope (it has a small tear in it...), sealed with tape.

Am I allowed to open that or not? my passport is inside it? I kinda need the passport to travel right?

Sorry for the amount of questions

Been a couple days now, so I assume you've opened the envelop? If not/for future people, below the pic I sent to 2 other people who were right behind me in the process. . 

So you can open the first envelop. It contains your passport, original docs, X-ray CD (that you get to keep) and that thing on the right side. The envelop in the middle with the paper stapled to it is the one you're not allowed to open. I believe the back of it also clearly states that you are not to open it/only to be opened by the IO.

rsz_30070421_10213946672574298_1594222774_o.jpg

Edited by Hadassah123

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Been a couple days now, so I assume you've opened the envelop? If not/for future people, below the pic I sent to 2 other people who were right behind me in the process. . 

So you can open the first envelop. It contains your passport, original docs, X-ray CD (that you get to keep) and that thing on the right side. The envelop in the middle with the paper stapled to it is the one you're not allowed to open. I believe the back of it also clearly states that you are not to open it/only to be opened by the IO.

rsz_30070421_10213946672574298_1594222774_o.jpg

alright thanks for the information

I went ahead and opened it, the CD and original documents like police certificate of conduct aren't in there as shown on the picture.

The CD however I received during my interview at the consulate, am I supposed to get my VOG and birth certificate back?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bunbunbunny said:

alright thanks for the information

I went ahead and opened it, the CD and original documents like police certificate of conduct aren't in there as shown on the picture.

The CD however I received during my interview at the consulate, am I supposed to get my VOG and birth certificate back?

Ah ok, I went through this part of the process in Feb 2018, so some things (may have) changed since then.

Did you submit photo copies of your VOG and birth certificate? If not, they keep the originals. In my case, I had submitted originals and copies and got the originals back. 

Unless those things have changed too and they kept the copies at the consulate and gave you back your originals during your interview? I wouldn't know.

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hadassah123 said:

Ah ok, I went through this part of the process in Feb 2018, so some things (may have) changed since then.

Did you submit photo copies of your VOG and birth certificate? If not, they keep the originals. In my case, I had submitted originals and copies and got the originals back. 

Unless those things have changed too and they kept the copies at the consulate and gave you back your originals during your interview? I wouldn't know.

Oh ok, yea I only sent in my originals after the interview, no copies.

Eh i guess i will get some originals quickly before i leave

Timeline
Just now, Bunbunbunny said:

Oh ok, yea I only sent in my originals after the interview, no copies.

Eh i guess i will get some originals quickly before i leave

Yes do! No need for VOG I think, but you'll need BC for SSN and AOS and perhaps some others that I'm forgetting.

• 2 weeks later...

Super dat er een topic is voor de dutchies :)

Had een vraagje over de Vog! Heb deze een paar weken geleden aangevraagd maar lees nu dat ik er een specefiek nodig heb voor emigratie? Klopt dit? Bij mij staat er in de email dat deze voor de functie van een visumaanvraag is. Heb ik nu de verkeerde aangevraagd? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, RoaringMdog said:

Super dat er een topic is voor de dutchies :)

Had een vraagje over de Vog! Heb deze een paar weken geleden aangevraagd maar lees nu dat ik er een specefiek nodig heb voor emigratie? Klopt dit? Bij mij staat er in de email dat deze voor de functie van een visumaanvraag is. Heb ik nu de verkeerde aangevraagd? 

Hey, ik ben niet zeker van het verschil, maar als je je vog al hebt ontvangen kan je het vergelijken met deze screenshot van mijn vog die wel toegestaan was (screening profiel visum EN emigratie)

Als bij jou hetzelfde screeningprofiel staat als bij mij heb je de juiste volgens mij

Screenshot_20190523-105147__01.jpg

Heel erg bedankt! Heb toch de juiste aangevraagd, dat stelt me weer een beetje gerust. Heb nu alles binnen wat ik kan doen, nu maar wachten tot mijn vriendin haar documenten opstuurt. 

Wat lijkt het wachten na de NOA2 lang te duren zeg, papieren zijn nu onderweg naar het consulaat en ik kan maar niet stoppen met de pagina refreshen 😂

Timeline
15 minutes ago, RoaringMdog said:

Heel erg bedankt! Heb toch de juiste aangevraagd, dat stelt me weer een beetje gerust. Heb nu alles binnen wat ik kan doen, nu maar wachten tot mijn vriendin haar documenten opstuurt. 

Wat lijkt het wachten na de NOA2 lang te duren zeg, papieren zijn nu onderweg naar het consulaat en ik kan maar niet stoppen met de pagina refreshen 😂

Ik ken het gevoel, bij ons had de nvc het teruggestuurd naar de uscis zonder ons wat te zeggen, heeft zo een 5-7 maanden geduurd toen in totaal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.