Interview and 2016 tax transcript

26 posts in this topic

Just now, bcking said:

How did you file your taxes? If you used a computer program you should be able to get a copy of the return, and if you used an accountant you definitely should have a copy.

If they want evidence from 2016, providing paperwork showing why you don't have a transcript won't be helpful. You should have a copy of your return just in case.

If you filled it out all by hand and mailed it, then yes your 1044. I don't know if you mail a return if you get some sort of confirmation that it has been received, but if you have that then bring that also. When you do it electronically you do.

Oh okay I got you now. 

Yeah I do have the copy generated from TurboTax. this is the document I will present along with employment letter, payslips, and the USPS receipt.

Hopefully by June the transcript is available so its easier. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, Tanish said:

You can produce 2016 tax return with all supporting W2s and 1099s and anything else you used to file tax return, in place of tax transcript.

Tax transcript is not an absolute necessity.

Good luck for the interview.

COMPLETELY CORRECT ( A COPY OF THE 1040, W-S FORMS, 1099 FORMS ( ALL VARIATIONS ) , MAKE SURE (IF YOU ARE MARRIED AND THE SPOUSE DOES NOT HAVE AN ITIN NUMBER)  THAT YOU FILED IN A STATUS MARRIED FILING SEPARATELY. PUT YOUR SPOUSE NAME ON THE FORM, LEAVE THE SSN PORTION BLANK.  IF YOU FILED AS  A SINGLE PERSON, IT IS A RED FLAG AT THE INTERVIEW.  FILE A CORRECTED 1040 IF YOU MUST TO SHOW THE MARRIAGE RELATIONSHIP ON YOUR TAX FORM.  JUST MY 2 CENTS..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

They want the latest transscripts.  Take a look at the directions regarding tax documents. Send the most current up to date tax information.  The other past years are optional and not required.  (I sent them mine just incase)   All they care about is if you make enough money to support your wife/husband.   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We just had my wife's Interview, they requested that she brought my 2015 W2's to the interview because we didn't send it with the i864 and they ended up not even asking for the original i864, the W2 they requested, or the 2016 tax information. My 2015 income was only $300 above the 125% and they still didn't ask for it. We were approved. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Your tax transcript should be available by the interview, but if not the tax return and W2 will suffice. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
On 4/3/2017 at 4:28 PM, geowrian said:

I'm not sure what you are asking...?

If she sent the G-1145 with a phone number or email address, she should get a text message or email when they issue the NOA1. They will mail the NOA1 hard copy to the mailing address provided on the I-129F.

3 hours ago, fly_scuba said:

COMPLETELY CORRECT ( A COPY OF THE 1040, W-S FORMS, 1099 FORMS ( ALL VARIATIONS ) , MAKE SURE (IF YOU ARE MARRIED AND THE SPOUSE DOES NOT HAVE AN ITIN NUMBER)  THAT YOU FILED IN A STATUS MARRIED FILING SEPARATELY. PUT YOUR SPOUSE NAME ON THE FORM, LEAVE THE SSN PORTION BLANK.  IF YOU FILED AS  A SINGLE PERSON, IT IS A RED FLAG AT THE INTERVIEW.  FILE A CORRECTED 1040 IF YOU MUST TO SHOW THE MARRIAGE RELATIONSHIP ON YOUR TAX FORM.  JUST MY 2 CENTS..

We did as you mentioned. Married filing separately, put my name on form and in the ssn number we hand wrote NRA ( non resident alien)

U need to get that 2016 tax transcript they really need that.we have same situation before i had my husband 2013 2014 but we dont have the 2015 .my interview before was january 5 ,2017 and they put me into AP bc we cant provide the  2015 transcript that time thats why we passed the 1040a to the irs We waited 2months for the transcript my husband got the transcript march 15,2017and we got approved march 22,2017.dont forget also ur proof of domicile ur husband bank statement or his properties in the us just incase they ask it .

U need to get that 2016 tax transcript they really need that.we have same situation before i had my husband 2013 2014 but we dont have the 2015 .my interview before was january 5 ,2017 and they put me into AP bc we cant provide the  2015 transcript that time thats why we passed the 1040a to the irs We waited 2months for the transcript my husband got the transcript march 15,2017and we got approved march 22,2017.dont forget also ur proof of domicile ur husband bank statement or his properties in the us just incase they ask it .

Well reading your dates, if your interview was January 2017 as u said, then definitely you were late to provide transcript of 2015. Or was the 2016 transcript you mean they asked for?!

they asked my husband  2015 transcript only.

I think u really need to pass ur 2016 bc that was happen to ours also.or if u cant provide that they gonna put u in administrative processing til u pass it and then they gonna give ur visa.

Edited by Rosekyle12345

Had our interview 2 days ago. We had included 2013, 2014 and 2015 tax returns, but nothing for 2016.  No one even asked about it.  However we were doing i-864 based on assets (savings accounts) rather than US income so that might be why?

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.