Ta Ta

Conversation with DOS agent about AP/AR

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Called DOS again today. This is how the conversation went.

I asked what our case status is.

Agent : you are still on AP.

Me : what exactly are they checking?

Agent : it just shows the investigation the conoff ordered is not complete.

Me : what are the specifis, background checks, security checks, document check ?

Agent : everything you have submitted gets checked. I also see all your emails to

the embassy and you were told everytime that the investigation is not complete. I also see

that the senator inquired about your case today and he was told the same thing, the

investigation is not complete. ( slight attitude )

Me : yes, but would FOIA help to give me details ? How long will that take ?

Agent : 6 - 12 month to complete a FOIA.

Me : so it is safe to say that the investigation may be complete before a FOIA request

would be completed ?

Agent : yes, your case is not a denial, if the conoff would have denied it there would be

no fight about it, they would return it. ( fight about it ??? who is fighting ??? ).

Me : in 3. world countries is it standard to do these investigations about documents ?

Agent : well a lot of times documents can't get checked in those countries so they will

check everything in the US. ( maybe this was a hint that they are checking me out, the USC.)

I know how you feel, you just want him with you but there is nothing that can be done other than wait.

( attitude softened ).

I called the senators office today but never heard back from them, maybe tomorrow he can

tell me something I don't already know. :unsure:

4 month on AP and counting ! :angry::crying:

Called DOS again today. This is how the conversation went.

I asked what our case status is.

Agent : you are still on AP.

Me : what exactly are they checking?

Agent : it just shows the investigation the conoff ordered is not complete.

Me : what are the specifis, background checks, security checks, document check ?

Agent : everything you have submitted gets checked. I also see all your emails to

the embassy and you were told everytime that the investigation is not complete. I also see

that the senator inquired about your case today and he was told the same thing, the

Me : yes, but would FOIA help to give me details ? How long will that take ?

Agent : 6 - 12 month to complete a FOIA.

Me : so it is safe to say that the investigation may be complete before a FOIA request

would be completed ?

Agent : yes, your case is not a denial, if the conoff would have denied it there would be

no fight about it, they would return it. ( fight about it ??? who is fighting ??? ).

Me : in 3. world countries is it standard to do these investigations about documents ?

Agent : well a lot of times documents can't get checked in those countries so they will

check everything in the US. ( maybe this was a hint that they are checking me out, the USC.)

I know how you feel, you just want him with you but there is nothing that can be done other than wait.

( attitude softened ).

I called the senators office today but never heard back from them, maybe tomorrow he can

tell me something I don't already know. :unsure:

4 month on AP and counting ! :angry::crying:

awww Hang in there. How is your fiance holding up? I know how difficult it is to not know anything. Just remember you were approved the visa and this is the formality of crossing all the ts and dotting all the is. You will boht get there and all of this will just fade away into memories.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

psssh, and what was that supposed to do? Scare you into not checking on your case anymore? :angry:

So pretty much it's the same old secretive stuff. Sorry, girl, you know I will be crying tears of joy once it's finally over for you two. I truly hope this nightmare is over soon. Let us know what the Senator tells you. (L)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dear Sister,

He has your back, your front, your left and your right. We know what He has already done, so focus on what He said He will do. May God give you an increase in strength and grace to see you both through this . Keep pressing on towards the prize. (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AP is a dark hole and no one will give out details until they are ready to ajudicate or deny the visa. I always got the same canned response and if your case is in AP it can mean them checking out the family, your job, your community ties, if married the validity of the marriage documents and ceremony. I know in Pakistan the going AP time if you do not have a common name is running around 6 months time. If you have a common name AP is lasting much longer.

Take your journey one day at a time and call DOS for an update on Wednesday afternoons or Thursday morning since they seemed to have updates within those two days. Good luck and keep the faith.

Mary

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Timeline
Thank you all for your encouraging words. You don't know how much that means

to me.

My fiance is holding up ok, I give him frequent updates and that helps but you

can imagine how we both have our bad days.

Eyes on the prize will get us through ! :yes:

Hi Omoba....

Believe me I can sympathize with you. My wife had her interview on Feb 13 in manila, and we are in this same sickening mess of a black hole hell. Its very disgusting what they do to us. Every day I go to work and pass all the illegal dayworkers hanging in the street while my wife is held captive in the phils by my government. The government i pay taxes to, which helps to support these lawbreakers with medical care, food, etc. The government I pay taxes to that provides jobs and paychecks to these govt workers who treat us like cattle, deny us our rights to fair adjudication, and common courtesy.

I try to remember that God sees everything and will call everyone into account for their actions. Having said that... it does test your faith and make you wonder why God doesnt get these slow, lazy, rude, or overzealous people out of our way faster... God be with you both

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can undertand exactly what your going thru Omoba. I make myself feel better that there are other people going thru the same process as I am. And there has to be an end to this dark hole and even though we cant see the light yet....the end is coming nearer each day. I agree with waitandwait that there is such outroar over illegal immigration however people fail to realize that if the legal process was made more fair and equitable maybe that would encourage ppl to do the right thing. I hope everyones AP gets over soon. Goodluck all!

FaK

Thank you all for your encouraging words. You don't know how much that means

to me.

My fiance is holding up ok, I give him frequent updates and that helps but you

can imagine how we both have our bad days.

Eyes on the prize will get us through ! :yes:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

i understand certain countries have certain laws and rules and guidelines- what is AP/AR? i noticed some people get the visa the same day, others through mail, and some go through AP/AR. why does it take so long for it to process? i'm sorry, i am not familiar :blush:

i also noticed montreal is doing an AR according to the timeline- how do they decide who gets it right away, who needs AP/AR?

i'm going through montreal, and i wasnt aware there was any processing after the approval. :unsure:

i'm reminded of a quote i think applies to all this immigration b.s.

"No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

menandbran.jpg

Timeline
i understand certain countries have certain laws and rules and guidelines- what is AP/AR? i noticed some people get the visa the same day, others through mail, and some go through AP/AR. why does it take so long for it to process? i'm sorry, i am not familiar :blush:

i also noticed montreal is doing an AR according to the timeline- how do they decide who gets it right away, who needs AP/AR?

i'm going through montreal, and i wasnt aware there was any processing after the approval. :unsure:

Ap=admimistrative processing, AR=administrative review.

They are almost the same, not much difference.

Ap/AR mostly happens in 3. world countries, especially with high fraud risks.

It includes background checks, security checks, name hits, home investigations

and document checks.

It can happen at any level, USCIS, NVC but mostly after the embassy interview.

The conoff decides for whatever reason that certain petitions must be looked at deeper.

There is not time frame for completion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

AP/AR would be unusual for a Canadian, but it can happen to anyone.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Omoba...my husband has been on AP for 4 months +, too. I feel your pain (F)

Have you tried a senator or congressman, but it seems useless from the response

I got from the senators office today:

Senator's aide emails me that he contacted the embassy but in fact he did not, he contacted

DOS like he later admitted.

I urged him to call the Dakar embassy to which he responded that is difficult to do with

the time difference. I said it is doable if he calls 8am. He said he would tomorrow.

He wrote an email about the DOS contact and said the reply was that my fiance could not

establish eligibility for an immigrant visa ( we are doing K1 ) during the initial interview and the case was forwarded to the Eligibility Review Unit. ( My fiance had EVERYTHING and more to establish eligibility).

He then asked if he could have a timeline and specifics and they said no they are unable

to give further information due to visa confidentiality.

He worded the reply to me like this........I asked for specifics of the denial.....

I then had to tell him that under no circumstances were we denied and therefore this case

is in AP/AR.........to which he apologized and said right it was not denied, he misworded in the email

to me.

After a meltdown I am exhausted.

It was a waste of time and I know more than the senator's aid and have to tell him how to

proceed.

I have a question.....who is more useful in enquiries......senators or congressmen ? Or

does it all come down to experience and competence with any particular aide ? Why do some chose

senators and some congessmen?

Well, I am waiting to hear the news tomorrow of what the embassy said if he will indeed call.

My fiance's medical was fine, he showed his late wife's death certificate, the documents

are in order, he is free to marry....yet his eligibility for an 'immigrant visa' is picked apart.

The interview went fine, questions were answered and the conoff was pleasant 4 month ago.

She said I can't give you a visa today but we will contact you if we need more info or if you

need a 2. interview. The passport was given back to my fiance.

I have really had enough of this mess :wacko:

I have a question.....who is more useful in enquiries......senators or congressmen ? Or

does it all come down to experience and competence with any particular aide ? Why do some chose

senators and some congessmen?

Well, I am waiting to hear the news tomorrow of what the embassy said if he will indeed call.

It doesn;t matter which elected offical you contact (US HR or Senate), its all about the aide. Not every aide is equal. Some offices have more competent aides. If you find one office is not fully able to serve you, call another.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.