657 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was hesitant about sharing my experience here, but after reading your stories for a while, I decided I would share mine. This topic helped me ease the stress about this whole process especially because the USCIS processing time were saying that it would take more than two years to process AOS cases. 

My hubby and I sent the whole package in October 2017, about a month after we got married. I-130, I-485, EAD app but no AP application. I did my fingerprints for both EAD and AOS in the month of December. From there, I just had to wait. I was checking forums here and there to get an idea of other people's timelines. in January, I started getting worried about not receiving my EAD, so contacted USCIS at least three times since it was already passed the normal processing time of 3 months. On the third of 4th attempt (probable 5 months after application receipt date) I was able to speak to a tier two USCIS representation who told me I should be getting the card in the mail soon. A week later the card was in the mail. In the mean time, I had also applied for AP (In February). Received AP around 2 months after, in April. At this point I was just hoping to hear about AOS interview soon after.

Around August, I started getting worried about the AOS especially because the case status online was saying there is no case associated with the receipt number I had. I called USCIS and they told me that there was a glitch in the system, but that should not affect my application. From there I checked this forum and was reassured, so waited again.

When I expected it the least, on October 19, 2018, I received the interview notice. Exactly a year after I had sent my original application. Gathered all docs as mentioned on the notice, and realized my medical examination would have been expired by the time I meet with the IO. Checked some forums to see if I needed to renew it or not, and decided to renew it. I literally went to the civil surgeon the day before my scheduled interview (so much went into that exam, but that is a story for another time. 

On interview day we were the second couple to get called. The IO swore us in, mainly asked I-130 questions to my husband, then went over my I-485 application with me to confirm the info that were on the original application. At the end, he gave us a "notice of interview results" that. said he needed more time to review application.

Today, 10/30/18, received approval notice of my I-485 application. The notice date was 10/25 which was also our interview date so I am assuming he approved it right when we left. I do have to mention that my husband and I have a 9-month-old daughter born after we got married, so that may have contributed to us getting approved so quickly. Also, the IO did not ask about the new medical exam.

Good luck to you all, and sorry for writing this much. I just thought all details were necessary in case someone finds themselves in a similar situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
7 minutes ago, tandrariane said:

Today, 10/30/18, received approval notice of my I-485 application. The notice date was 10/25 which was also our interview date so I am assuming he approved it right when we left. I do have to mention that my husband and I have a 9-month-old daughter born after we got married, so that may have contributed to us getting approved so quickly. Also, the IO did not ask about the new medical exam.

Congratulations!  Our interview was 10/23 in Baltimore and we were approved yesterday.  Such a HUGE relief!

Just joined! 

We filed all the appropriate forms via an attorney about a week ago and just waiting to get letters saying they have received all the forms. 

I'm a little nervous for the wait time since i read an article that it may take more than 2 years to receive a letter. It looks like they already deducted the funds from my checking account so hoping our case does not take long enough. 

my main concern is our age difference between us as there is a 10 year difference. I have a US Citizen and we started dating here while she was on a travel visa.  

Any documentation that you guys recommend to bring long since we are still living in my parents household?  I have already added her to my companys insurance ( health and life), will be opening a bank account and update my cell phone bill. Obviously we will bring photos from our wedding and honeymoon. Just want to make sure i'm not missing anything else. I know we are doing this via an attorney but i'm the type of person who wants everything to be 110%. 

thanks

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my experience. Me and my husband live in MD and filled for him as a LPR. He came to the States on a B2 and later switched to F1. Here is our timeline:

08/18/2016 - Got married

08/23/2016 - Filled I-130 

01/12/2017 - I-130 Approval

Chart B date becomes current

10/04/2017 - Filled I-485 + I-765 + I-131

10/20/2017 - Biometrics Appointment

12/18/2017 - Approval of I-765 + I-131

12/22/2017 - Got the TRAVEL + EAD

EAD is about to expire

09/24/2018 - Filled for renewal of  I-765 + I-131

10/18/2018 - Online status says "We completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your I-765 form"

It has been almost 13 months as of today and I know it is still within the normal processing times but damn it, its so frustrating. Anybody else that filled for a renewal of EAD

Edited by mello0o0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 11:45 AM, rancor said:

Hi All,

My interview was on the 30th of October in the Baltimore office for spousal green card. How much time does it take for getting the decision after the interview. We (and our lawyer) felt the interview was pretty smooth.

Hey! I had my interview in Baltimore on the same day and felt it went smoothly too. I haven’t heard anything yet, I’m hoping you may have? 

10 hours ago, Skyfaring said:

Hey! I had my interview in Baltimore on the same day and felt it went smoothly too. I haven’t heard anything yet, I’m hoping you may have? 

I've had my work-colleague go to Baltimore, earlier this year. She said they send the approval forms via mail first before updating online. Also get informed delivery via USPS so you know when USCIS letter arrives.

Edited by rancor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
11 hours ago, Skyfaring said:

It was almost 2 months until we heard anything.  Hang in there!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had out interview on the 19th of October.  Everything went fine but the agent indicated she could not approve anything and her supervisor would need to (appeared to be a new employee as she said she worked in the IRS prior).   Appears for Baltimore if you don't get an approval within a week it takes about 2-3 months.  Anyone else from October or earlier still waiting?

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody here who has filed concurrent applications for aos and combo card? My receipt notice is nov 8 and still got nothing even the ead. Do you guys have any idea when do i receive the ead card atleast. Im just so bored to death and can't wait to start working. 😕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
49 minutes ago, kokokrunch said:

Anybody here who has filed concurrent applications for aos and combo card? My receipt notice is nov 8 and still got nothing even the ead. Do you guys have any idea when do i receive the ead card atleast. Im just so bored to death and can't wait to start working. 😕

I imagine since the government shutdown nothing is being processed.  

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, kokokrunch said:

Sorry, I feel you we've all been there, but I wouldnt expect anything until you reach 4 months after the receipt notice, that is the average for most people and for some it could go until 6 months,

If you have done your biometrics already, you can start applying and looking for jobs and try to use an offer letter try to expedite for financial reasons.

Good luck

01/08/2018: Priority Date

01/19/2018: Checks cashed

01/22/2018: 3 NOA's received in Mail (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

02/09/201: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter scheduled for 02/22

02/10/2018: Email notification of RFIE :(

02/12/2018: Early walk-in for Biometrics, successful

02/16/2018: RFIE received for birth certificate and translation, sent back the same day

02/20/2018: RFIE response delivered, sent via Fedex

02/23/2018: Case status updated to RFIE response received

03/05/2018: Courtesy letter for I-693, medical exam received, letter dated Feb 28th

03/08/2018: AP application delivered by Fedex

03/19/2018: NOA for AP received in the mailbox

05/03/2018: AP ONLY approved (Approved in 56 days)

05/11/2018: AP received in Mail

05/21/2018: Email received,EAD card in production (Day 133)

05/22/2018: Interview scheduled

05/25/2018: EAD approval letter received in Mail

05/29/2018: EAD card and letter for interview (Jun.26th) both received in Mail, Woot woot :)

06/26/2018: Interview completed, now waiting for the magical email/letter...

10/30/2018: Went to Infopass, officer has not made a decision yet, an email was sent to him tell him I came to inquire

03/26/2019: Moved so updated our address online with USCIS

04/16/2019: I-130 petition approved

04/20/2019: approval notice received in the mail

04/22/2019: received notification of RFE for AOS I-485

06/01/2019: RFE finally received after being lost in the mail, asking for a new medical exam

06/06/2019: Response to RFE sent, received the next day 06/07/2019

06/17/2019: Received notification of another RFE, 3rd time will be the charm hopefully

06/22/2019: RFE received for new medical

07/02/2019: Went to doctor for new medical

07/11/2019: I-485 approved without new medical exam

07/18/2019: Green Card received in mail

On 12/30/2018 at 12:00 PM, srg3037 said:

We had out interview on the 19th of October.  Everything went fine but the agent indicated she could not approve anything and her supervisor would need to (appeared to be a new employee as she said she worked in the IRS prior).   Appears for Baltimore if you don't get an approval within a week it takes about 2-3 months.  Anyone else from October or earlier still waiting?

Hey! Sorry for such a late response. I had my interview on October 30th and still haven’t heard anything. I’m hoping you have had better news than me by now! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.