JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, popat lal said:

I have been handling 3 different petitions in my family. We (Petitioner and I) sent Civil docs for all  3 petitions (Lets refer them as A,B and C) in mid April and had scan date of 20 April. 

I just observed that Petition A got CC and had one added  row on recently updated screen compared to other 2 case (Petition B received checklist and Petition C has pending review)

On new updated screen (6 step info screen), If you see on right side just above the summary information There will be case information as:

1. Case Number
  2. Visa Class
  3. Your case is currently at
  4. Foreign state of chargeability (I can see this only on Petition A which received CC, while I do not see this information on Petition B and C)

I am not sure if this can be new way of knowing if your case got CC. If other members can update here what they can see at CEAC, it will be helpful to others.

This is what my says: Just to let you know I forgot to include a Document Cover Sheet and the Affidavit of Support {Form I-864.} They want me to resubmit the Document Cover Sheet and the Affidavit of Support {Form I-1864,} along with my {AOS} that includes the bottom of the Document Cover Sheet that I have to send in again. They said; "It will be another 11 weeks wait time for my case to be completed. I hope this may help everyone. A. James.

Immigrant Visa

CASE NUMBER: "My Case Number
VISA CLASS: CR1
YOUR CASE IS CURRENTLY AT: NVC
FOREIGN STATE OF CHARGEABILITY: VIETNAM

Summary Information

Once your case is received at the National Visa Center (NVC), there are six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview at a U.S. Embassy overseas. You should complete steps one through three online using the table at the bottom of this page:

• Step 1: Click the “Start Application” button under “Choice of Address & Agent” to complete Form DS-261. Use this form to tell NVC who they should send instructions to about your case. Please provide their e-mail address, if available. More details are online in English and Spanish.
  • Step 2: There are two types of fees. Click the “Pay Now” buttons to pay any required Affidavit of Support fees or Immigrant Visa Application fees. Note the application fee must be paid by each person who is immigrating, and cannot be paid until after NVC has reviewed the Form DS-261 you submitted in Step 1. More details are online in English and Spanish.
  • Step 3: After you pay the Immigrant Visa Application fee, please allow NVC one week to process your payment. You will then be able to access the visa application form online (Form DS-260). Click the “Start Now” button to begin. Instructions are online in English and Spanish.

After you have completed these three steps, you should gather and submit all required documents to NVC:

• Step 4: Your petitioner should complete the appropriate Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support) and collect evidence of his/her income. Instructions are online in English and Spanish.
  • Step 5: Each visa applicant should collect the required civil documents, such as birth certificates. Instructions are online in English and Spanish.
  • Step 6: Submit all of the required documents from Steps 4 and 5 together in one package to NVC. Instructions are online in English and Spanish.

NVC will review your forms and documents once you have completed all six steps above. NVC will contact your agent to tell you if there are additional items required or if visa pre-processing is complete. You can find out how long it is taking NVC to review applicant documents at the links provided in Step 6 above.

CHOICE OF ADDRESS & AGENT (DS-261)
 COMPLETED
"My Name"

Affidavit Of Support {AOS}

PAID  

Add Joint Sponsor

In order to process your request, you must complete the form below and upload the required supporting documentation outlined below:

Related Sponsor
-- SELECT ONE --
Surname
Given Name
Date of Birth
01020304050607080910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031JANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDEC
(Format: DD-MMM-YYYY)
Error
Error

Help: Upload Document

The document size cannot exceed 2 MB and must be one of the following document types: .jpg, .jpeg, and .pdf.

Painful update: Scan date of April 11, received checklist June 25. Checklist is for a police certificate which I cannot request directly, it goes through a form that is sent to the US Consulate in my country who process it. I'd sent the form far in advance to my checklist, and again when I received the checklist. I appear to be stuck in some kind of bureaucratic hell, as the US Consulate has informed me they have the police certificate and is waiting for the case to be forwarded by the NVC. The NVC in turn is waiting for the police certificate before they will forward the case. The initial information the NVC gave me is that they can forward the case as long as the consulate NOTIFIES them that they have a police certificate for me. Now they are saying that the physical certificate must be mailed to them. At this stage my petitioner is going to look into contacting her congressman.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to speak to someone like a supervisor at the NVC

Edited by mriggs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, mriggs said:

Painful update: Scan date of April 11, received checklist June 25. Checklist is for a police certificate which I cannot request directly, it goes through a form that is sent to the US Consulate in my country who process it. I'd sent the form far in advance to my checklist, and again when I received the checklist. I appear to be stuck in some kind of bureaucratic hell, as the US Consulate has informed me they have the police certificate and is waiting for the case to be forwarded by the NVC.

How did you get this notification from the US consulate? Via a written document or over the phone? If written, send it into the NVC ASAP. Keep a copy for yourself. 

The NVC in turn is waiting for the police certificate before they will forward the case. The initial information the NVC gave me is that they can forward the case as long as the consulate NOTIFIES them that they have a police certificate for me.

Hopefully you have a letter or I'm sure you can get one from the consulate/embassy explaining that they have  your police report. Also include your own letter explaining the situation, be sure to inclue the checklist and write your case number on every document you send in. 

Now they are saying that the physical certificate must be mailed to them. At this stage my petitioner is going to look into contacting her congressman.

You're going to need to speak to a supervisor. So once they have confirmed receipt of your documents, then ask to speak to a supervisor.. With the new evidence you've submitted, the supervisor should get you a CC.. Now if you've already sent in this info (receipt from embassy saying they have your police report), call the NVC back and ask to speak to a supervisor, keep calling until they connect you to a supervisor. 

Edited by JBMG

Timeline
7 hours ago, YuMa said:

New scan date july 11😢

Hi Yuma, 

Just saw your update on the spreadsheet. Thank you for updating it. There were some errors, I've corrected it.. But the next time you go into it, it will revert back.. So please make the following corrections in your questionnaire. 

What is your most recent scan date? 

7/11/2017

Is this your 1st or 2nd scan date? 

2nd. 

If this is your 2nd, when was your first? 

4/28/2017

And where you wrote "birth certificate" replace the text with  "Need long form birth certificate. sent the acta inextensa"

--

Meanwhile, keep in contact with your supervisor, maybe in 1-2 weeks, ask them if they can review your new birth certificate. I've seen this happen with other cases where the supervisor was able to give a CC much without having to wait the full 8-11 weeks.

Hang in there.. wishing you luck. 

1 hour ago, JBMG said:

How did you get this notification from the US consulate? Via a written document or over the phone? If written, send it into the NVC ASAP. Keep a copy for yourself. 

Hopefully you have a letter or I'm sure you can get one from the consulate/embassy explaining that they have  your police report. Also include your own letter explaining the situation, be sure to inclue the checklist and write your case number on every document you send in. 

You're going to need to speak to a supervisor. So once they have confirmed receipt of your documents, then ask to speak to a supervisor.. With the new evidence you've submitted, the supervisor should get you a CC.. Now if you've already sent in this info (receipt from embassy saying they have your police report), call the NVC back and ask to speak to a supervisor, keep calling until they connect you to a supervisor. 

I got the notification from the consulate over the phone, it was nothing more than a "yes we have your certificate, we're waiting on the case from the NVC" I'll try and get a letter or something from them tomorrow, but I doubt it will get there any faster than the police certificate they've hopefully sent. Sadly no email processing for New Zealand.

I'll try and get a hold of a supervisor tomorrow to see what can be done, thanks for your advice.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, mriggs said:

I got the notification from the consulate over the phone, it was nothing more than a "yes we have your certificate, we're waiting on the case from the NVC" I'll try and get a letter or something from them tomorrow, but I doubt it will get there any faster than the police certificate they've hopefully sent. Sadly no email processing for New Zealand.

I'll try and get a hold of a supervisor tomorrow to see what can be done, thanks for your advice.

Sorry Mriggs,.  Looks like a big headache.. sorry..  Just found the following.. so hopefully they're sending it..  hang in there.. 

On 4/18/2016 at 11:46 PM, teeak said:

Yes, you need a police certificate.

Click on Police, Court, Prison records: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NZ.html

Police Records

New Zealand Police Headquarters will not accept requests for police certificates or records directly from individuals.

To obtain a New Zealand Police clearance certificate for U.S. Immigration the applicant can download the form from the U.S. Embassy Wellington website,http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/ACK%20-%20Auckland.pdf

The requestor can deliver the request along with the required items in person, or send the completed request to the U.S. Consulate General in Auckland, via email (AucklandIV@State.gov), regular mail or courier post to: U.S. Consulate General by mail: 23 Custom Street East, Citi Group Building, 3rd floor, Private Bag 92022, Auckland New Zealand. Requests can be accepted by email as long as all attachments are included and the applicant’s name is in the subject line of the email.

All applicant requests must include:

• A copy of the completed N.Z. clearance request, which must include: The Post case number (e.g. ACK for Auckland) or A#
  • A photocopy of the applicant’s passport biographic page
  • The NVC BAR CODE SHEET if the clearance is to be returned to the NVC.

As standard operating procedure, if a request is sent by an applicant, the vetted clearance results will be forwarded to the NVC, unless different instructions are provided.

DO NOT CONTACT THE REQUESTING OFFICE REGARDING THE STATUS OR RECEIPT OF YOUR CLEARANCE

NEW ZEALAND POLICE DO NOT DEAL DIRECTLY WITH THE PUBLIC FOR THESE REQUESTS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 hours ago, mriggs said:

I see your in Oregon. I would suggest reaching out to Sen. Wyden's office. They helped everything get pushed through in a timely manner. At the very least they can clarify the situation

Fill out the form below and mail it in. (If you fill the online version they will still mail you the form to fill out anyway)

Form:

https://www.wyden.senate.gov/download/?id=24c38ff9-ea24-4845-88ec-b24826ca6750&download=1

NOTE: Include your email address on the form.

Edited by UsSwedlover

31 minutes ago, UsSwedlover said:

I see your in Oregon. I would suggest reaching out to Sen. Wyden's office. They helped everything get pushed through in a timely manner. At the very least they can clarify the situation

Fill out the form below and mail it in. (If you fill the online version they will still mail you the form to fill out anyway)

Form:

https://www.wyden.senate.gov/download/?id=24c38ff9-ea24-4845-88ec-b24826ca6750&download=1

NOTE: Include your email address on the form.

Thats a great resource, thanks!

On 7/13/2017 at 10:38 AM, mriggs said:

Painful update: Scan date of April 11, received checklist June 25. Checklist is for a police certificate which I cannot request directly, it goes through a form that is sent to the US Consulate in my country who process it. I'd sent the form far in advance to my checklist, and again when I received the checklist. I appear to be stuck in some kind of bureaucratic hell, as the US Consulate has informed me they have the police certificate and is waiting for the case to be forwarded by the NVC. The NVC in turn is waiting for the police certificate before they will forward the case. The initial information the NVC gave me is that they can forward the case as long as the consulate NOTIFIES them that they have a police certificate for me. Now they are saying that the physical certificate must be mailed to them. At this stage my petitioner is going to look into contacting her congressman.

Update: Called NVC today. "We haven't received anything for this case. The consulate doesn't need to send the clearance, they just need to notify us they have it. We have received mail for this case today, it's in review. Current waiting time is 11 weeks."   They haven't and have received mail for this case in the space of 2 minutes? In review but not in review? My head hurts.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone.. 

If you haven't printed out your DS-260 confirmation yet. Just created the following to help you locate it. You have to bring this to your interview. :)

DS-260 Confirmation Example / Printing Instructions. (Must bring to your interview)

Timeline

Hello 4 remaining April Scan Dates!!  

@Niiice @Edwena @ameise @Rafael G

If you received your CC/interview date/new scan date, please update the spreadsheet. 

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Wishing you all much luck!! 

VJ display name USCIS Priority Date (PD) Most recent Scan Date (SD) At review Dept SD to Review WEEKS Case Complete (CC) Review dept to CC - DAYS SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS Filed via Visa Class Interview - Country Interview - City
Niiice 8/22/2016 4/3/2017 6/19/2017 11.00           Mail CR1 Jamaica Kingston
Edwena 11/17/2016 4/5/2017 6/6/2017 8.86           Mail CR1 Lebanon Beirut
ameise 3/1/2016 4/13/2017               Mail CR1 Nepal Kathmandu
Rafael G 4/13/2016 4/28/2017               Mail CR1 Brazil Rio da Janeiro

Timeline
On 6/8/2017 at 5:23 PM, Edwena said:

His office doesn't even open for another hour 😠

So what happened? Did you get a 2nd scan date? Please let us know.. 

Timeline
On 6/15/2017 at 10:42 AM, ameise said:

I just received an email with a checklist item :(

On the cover letter it says: Send photocopies of your civil documents (e.g., birth certificate). Send an original, signed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support(s).

Then in the instruction sheet it only talks about a police certificate from Germany! Do I also send Form I-864 again?

HI, 

Well i could be that you have to send some documents to the NVC and others to your interview. Do you have your 2nd scan date yet? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.