MichaelGhabour

EAD List Approval

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

same here, i came here to have normal life with my wife, which she is older than me and have 2 kids!

i need to take kids to school, dont have driver driver license, dont have job, my wife supporting house full of 3 people, i feel like ###### cuz am broke and wife supporting me, passport expired, Driver license expired, cant buy couple of beers or ciggrates, i know everybody will attack me and say its better that i cant buy this, but i think that is my private life and MY RIGHT to choose that which i cant even do it cuz i dont have any form of ID

(20 July 2009) Filed I-751 with waiver for divorce

(25 July 2009) Check Cashed

(22 July 2009) Recived NOA1

(18 Aug 2009) Biomatrics

same here, i came here to have normal life with my wife, which she is older than me and have 2 kids!

i need to take kids to school, dont have driver driver license, dont have job, my wife supporting house full of 3 people, i feel like ###### cuz am broke and wife supporting me, passport expired, Driver license expired, cant buy couple of beers or ciggrates, i know everybody will attack me and say its better that i cant buy this, but i think that is my private life and MY RIGHT to choose that which i cant even do it cuz i dont have any form of ID

Welcome to America.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

totall understand your frustration michael..hopefully you will hear good news soon, especially since you have just filed in February of this year. Imagine how it is to wait for over one year or several months for an EAD or anything for that matter. We don't even have an interview.

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

Welcome to America.

Gosh.......you're funny, but I am totally there with you....Welcome to America!!!!

Edited by Lucky7

Filed: Timeline

Gosh.......you're funny, but I am totally there with you....Welcome to America!!!!

It has nothing to do with Welcome to America mocking phrase.Everybody who is not lazy can live a middle class life here.I would'n be in this situation

if USCIS just did their job and follow the timeline on my case.Fuckin bureaucrats.

I dont want to insult anybody I'll just say you are wrong

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

u r right akunin, anybody who is not lazy can life in bad life for while and get out of it, which that what am doin, when i had my 90 days work permission, i been working 14 hours a day for 5 days a week, and the next 2 days in week, i been working 6 hours, am used work, i dont take week ends, i have family and wife that i need to take care of, i dont care if am sleeping in streets in streets until i get job, BUT I CANT CUZ I HAVE FAMILY,

(20 July 2009) Filed I-751 with waiver for divorce

(25 July 2009) Check Cashed

(22 July 2009) Recived NOA1

(18 Aug 2009) Biomatrics

Filed: Timeline

We're waiting too, Michael. We filed a few weeks after you did and the last touch on EAD was the day after his biometrics. I'm not here to complain because I think we're about half way there (hopefully) to him getting his EAD and haven't been waiting all that long as some folks are. I am here to say I completely understand the frustrations. I'm watching Moh tear himself apart daily because he feels useless, dependent, and "less of a man" because his temp EAD has expired and his employer had to temporarily let him go until he receives authorization again. He's bored and restless. He can't be the bread winner for his new family. Its kind of demoralizing. He knew he would have to face this when he came, but I think he was blind-sided by the reality of it. I tell him "patience" but we've both become so jaded to PATIENCE during the whole visa ordeal that the word just becomes hard to swallow after awhile.

u r right akunin, anybody who is not lazy can life in bad life for while and get out of it, which that what am doin, when i had my 90 days work permission, i been working 14 hours a day for 5 days a week, and the next 2 days in week, i been working 6 hours, am used work, i dont take week ends, i have family and wife that i need to take care of, i dont care if am sleeping in streets in streets until i get job, BUT I CANT CUZ I HAVE FAMILY,

EAD takes 90 days, you're not 90 days from receipt. Piss and moan all you like, but right now it won't do any good. My Welcome to America comment is based on the fact that America is a land of rules, and especially of bureaucracy. You are not free to do whatever you want here, despite it being the "Land of Freedom". I appreciate that you need to support your family, but sadly USCIS doesn't give a sh*t about that, you simply have to wait for the gears to finish turning.

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

As Dr_LHA said, America is a land of rules. If you want to have a life in the U.S, you have to be patient.........

"Patient is a vertue" It will all work out at the end.

I feel really sorry for those who have been waiting for over a year....I feel your pain.

Good luck to all of us!!!

Edited by Lucky7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

For people who filed in Febraury, I don't know what you're complaining about 'cos everyone knows it takes almost 90 days to get your EAD. I suggest you stop complaining and be patient 'cos you might have to wait longer for your AOS. Yes, USCIS messes up sometimes, but you've no choice but to go with the rules and wait for your 90 days to be up first.

I hope those who've been waiting for a year get approved soon. They are the ones who have every right to complain and yell at USCIS at this point. Good luck.

N-400 Naturalization

03/22/10...N-400 mailed to Phoenix,AZ Lockbox

04/06/10...Check cashed. NOA1

05/07/10...Biometrics appointment

06/23/10...Interview appointment - PASSED!

08/19/10...Oath ceremony - Officially a US citizen!!!

08/24/10...Updated SSN records

08/31/10...Applied for US Passport and Card

09/15/10...Received US Passport and Card

I -751 Removal of conditions

04/04/09...I-751 sent to California service center

04/12/09...NOA1. permanent residence extended for one year.

06/10/09...Biometrics appointment done

06/21/09...2 yr GC expired

07/09/09...Approval letter received in the mail!!! GC approved 07/06/09

07/20/09...10 yr GC arrived in the mail.

AOS/EAD timeline: F1 to AOS (married to USC)

11/14/06.....I-130/I-485/I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox (Day1)

11/21/06......Checks cashed, NOA1 for I-130/I-1485/EAD arrives in mail (Day 8)

12/12/06.... Biometrics done (Day 29)

01/20/07...Interview notice received dated Jan. 12, Yay!! (Day 68)

01/30/07....EAD touched, finally!(Day 78)

02/01/07....I-485, I-130 touched. EAD card production ordered (Day 80)

02/07/07....EAD card received in mail (Day 86)

02/26/07...Interview - name check pending (Day 105)

06/21/07.... Card production ordered email...omigosh! (Day 220)

06/24/07.....Email: Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident on 6/22

06/30/07.....Welcome notice received in snail mail

07/02/07....Email: Approval notice sent. GC received in mail!!! (232 days from filing)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Add me to the list

Name-----------------------------------------NOA1-----------------------------------EAD Approve----------

===============================================================

Michael Ghabour----------------------------2/24/2007-------------------------------Waiting----------------

Savanphil..............................................2/02/2007.....................................04/10/2007

WOW!!! I got my NOA1 also on the 2/02/2007 and I have not been called for a biometrics yet!

congrats to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Honestly.. i don't care if people wanna post every day about their experience. Isn't support and encouragement what this place is all about? If there's a thread that I really have much input or interest in - then I just carry on to the next posting. I wouldn't take the time to post my "aggravation" it's easy just to pass by the thread and move onto something else! Carry on oh anxious ones in my opinion! Sometimes venting is the only thing that helps :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Honestly.. i don't care if people wanna post every day about their experience. Isn't support and encouragement what this place is all about? If there's a thread that I really have much input or interest in - then I just carry on to the next posting. I wouldn't take the time to post my "aggravation" it's easy just to pass by the thread and move onto something else! Carry on oh anxious ones in my opinion! Sometimes venting is the only thing that helps :)

My feelings exactly, good luck to everyone waiting for so long :thumbs:

~ AOS Journey ~

03/08/2007: AOS/EAD sent

03/16/2007: NOA AOS/EAD

03/21/2007: Touched

04/05/2007: Biometrics

04/09/2007: Touched

04/11/2007: Case transferred to CSC

05/16/2007: Case pending at CSC

05/17/2007: AOS Touched

05/24/2007: EAD Touched

05/29/2007: EAD Approved (82 days)

06/19/2007: AOS Approved (93 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.