JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations to all of you who just received interview date!!!!!

My advice, book your medical AS FAST AS POSSIBLE! This should be your next step. I ran into issues because they can't get you your results until about 4-5 days after the medical! But! Some do not even have appointment options in this crucial window because they are all booked up! Get the medical engraved in stone as fast as you can! My partner had to fly to Toronto because of ease in scheduling, then fly back home!  Then fly out to Montreal next week!

Jle, I think that th doctors websites might show pricing. If not, just give them a call and chart it out. I think you may find that whoever has an open appointment will be the one you take, price is almost secondary at this point.  Go to this websit and download the PDF of MTL and it will lead you to the list with email and websites. I have noticed that MTL and Toronto offices are so fast with email, even on weekends. https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html

Advice on interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada

I think it takes about a week for passport to be mailed back to you, then you can exit. You tell them during your interview where you intend your point of entry and when, they tell the POE people to expect you then.

Please read cat dad's most recent post on COURIER. No need to repeat in this post. It's just a page or so behind. This needs to be done before you go.

Also, I looked into rescheduling and interview and it was like hitting a wall. You can't simply reschedule like a hair appointment. You have to actually miss the day then work with a company that helps you reschedule your interview which could be anywhere from 1-3 months after, not your choice! Please be advised that this is not an easy option. Not that I saw at least.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

Also, I looked into rescheduling and interview and it was like hitting a wall. You can't simply reschedule like a hair appointment. You have to actually miss the day then work with a company that helps you reschedule your interview which could be anywhere from 1-3 months after, not your choice! Please be advised that this is not an easy option. Not that I saw at least.

Thank you K&Kir for addressing so many questions in your post. Although you are correct that in order to reschedule, one has to miss the original appointment first, the new appointment can be as early as 3 weeks and people do get to select their own date. I agree with you that it is not an easy option. Anyone looking to reschedule can refer to thread below (page 2). 

Timeline

Toronto, it was almost like giving away a million dollars. We had worked so hard to get that date and the thought of just "missing it" then figuring out how to reschedule instilled anxiety and fear so I let it go.

But if it fits your situation, I say go for it and good luck!

Timeline

Random, 

As a US citizen working minimum wage in Canada, alongside a joint sponsor, do I have to show my Canadian taxes aswell as my US Taxes? Or just Us taxes? Because I have not done my Canadian taxes....

On 05/08/2017 at 0:22 AM, HessicaS said:

That's interesting that it was rejected. I'm curious if the other VJ members spouse worked overseas as well and that's why they were sent a checklist? Or maybe if the CEAC system is different in how they view these and not receiving the horrible checklists and wait times that others get. I know they view each situation differently, however, I submitted by AOS documents in the morning, and by the afternoon it was approved on the CEAC system. I only had the required 2016 tax return (and W2), the past 3 W-2s as optional uploads, the past 6 months of paycheck stubs, drivers license and passport bio page. I didn't even submit the past 'optional' tax returns for the previous years that they suggest on the I-864. Though I work within the US and not overseas. Another thing that I've heard is some people got a letter from the employer verifying the start dates of employment and that they are currently working there. From what I've read it seems that the tax return would work, but I know the feeling to be prepared just in case!

We submitted the 2016 tax return and associated schedules/forms (no W2 as my wife was working in Australia). We didn't submit the optional previous years, and in fact she had only mailed in the 2016 tax return a few days before uploading to the CEAC, so the NVC probably got to see her return before the IRS did. We still got approved within 48 hours. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello CEAC upload filers! :) 

Just wanted to let you know that I've created a Facebook group page for all Feb-July NVC scan dates. Please join us if you've already had your interview. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MAMJ2017/

We are looking at the pre-check list that's needed for an interview in Rio de Janeiro, and we had read previously that the police certificates where valid for one year, even though the certificate states for 90 days. Now we are reading the document https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/RDJ - Rio de Janeiro.pdf from the US Dept of State updated in May 2017, that says to bring to the interview ones that you need one that is valid in the past 90 days (the NVC approved ones dated in January just last week). Has anyone else seen a change in this when they received the certificates? We can receive the federal, and a state certificate. But the ones from the state Caera is very hard as we can't get it online and would need to get in person which requires traveling. Anyone have problems if we give one that is issued over 3 months ago to the interview? My spouse has not lived in that state in over a year and it was issued after she no longer was living there. 

Edited by HessicaS

11 hours ago, agb1223 said:

Submitted AOS/IV documents along with civil documents on Friday. Now time to play the waiting game again. 

Congrats and on to the next step! Ours was approved super quick so hopefully you hear back soon. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, HessicaS said:

Congrats and on to the next step! Ours was approved super quick so hopefully you hear back soon. 

Thank you very much. I haven't seen much from Frankfurt embassy on this board but I also hope processing is fast. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Holy **** case complete.. waiting for Embassy to schedule an interview.  Apparently I forgot to scan the last page of my I-864EZ... re-uploaded it this morning and received case complete a few hours later.  Unbelievable how fast this was.

Timeline

APPROVED! 

Interview in Montreal was a success!  I will be posting a review soon that will include more details, but overall, what a roller coaster ride!

We went into the interview with a few things unanswered, so i wanted to take a quick moment to clear up some questions here for the rest of you. Each case is different, however...

-Changing my spouses passport to married name IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCESS was absolutely okay with the embassy.

-We have been home for 2 days and the embassy has already contacted us with tracking information on passport, stating that it will arrive within 4 days of interview

-As the petitioner, I got to go up to the waiting room with my spouse, however I was not able to approach the documentation window with her or interview

-Lady at the door as we entered on ground floor never requested to see our appointment letter. Just asked for spouses passport and mine and the time of appointment.  She also never asked about a courier service. 

-No one said anything about courier service. We just got a piece of paper at the end that showed how you set it up if you have not already set it up.

-Joint sponsor: officer cross referenced tax return(s) with i864 to see that the listed income on i864 matched the income on return.

-They will send you an email maybe a week before your interview date and it will have exactly the same list of documentation that is on the "laminated sheet" they give you at the door. No surprises. 

-Domicile; we showed car title and US bank information of the petitioner. Nothing else was requested, and mind you, the petitioner currently doesn't live in the US or have a job there. I'm not sure if this was because we will be living with the joint sponsor who is well over 125% of poverty line or what? They never asked to see the letter from joint sponsor stating we would live there for a moment, but you better believe we had it ready.

Hmmm...if I think of more I will post, but these little open ends had me extremely anxious about the whole interview. Good luck to you all, and if anyone has any questions on Montreal embassy specifically, please do not feel hesitant to send me a message.

17 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

APPROVED! 

Interview in Montreal was a success!  I will be posting a review soon that will include more details, but overall, what a roller coaster ride!

We went into the interview with a few things unanswered, so i wanted to take a quick moment to clear up some questions here for the rest of you. Each case is different, however...

-Changing my spouses passport to married name IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROCESS was absolutely okay with the embassy.

-We have been home for 2 days and the embassy has already contacted us with tracking information on passport, stating that it will arrive within 4 days of interview

-As the petitioner, I got to go up to the waiting room with my spouse, however I was not able to approach the documentation window with her or interview

-Lady at the door as we entered on ground floor never requested to see our appointment letter. Just asked for spouses passport and mine and the time of appointment.  She also never asked about a courier service. 

-No one said anything about courier service. We just got a piece of paper at the end that showed how you set it up if you have not already set it up.

-Joint sponsor: officer cross referenced tax return(s) with i864 to see that the listed income on i864 matched the income on return.

-They will send you an email maybe a week before your interview date and it will have exactly the same list of documentation that is on the "laminated sheet" they give you at the door. No surprises. 

-Domicile; we showed car title and US bank information of the petitioner. Nothing else was requested, and mind you, the petitioner currently doesn't live in the US or have a job there. I'm not sure if this was because we will be living with the joint sponsor who is well over 125% of poverty line or what? They never asked to see the letter from joint sponsor stating we would live there for a moment, but you better believe we had it ready.

Hmmm...if I think of more I will post, but these little open ends had me extremely anxious about the whole interview. Good luck to you all, and if anyone has any questions on Montreal embassy specifically, please do not feel hesitant to send me a message.

Congrats on the approval. That's impressive you got your passport back quick. 

Did they ask you about your future travel to the US?

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline

@Finayyy yeah they wanted to know the day we cross and our POE. 

Other than that, they were impressed that we had already chosen both.

Did you see the Facebook group? Lots of good info over there, for people who have crossed and finishing up.

Just now, K&Kir said:

@Finayyy yeah they wanted to know the day we cross and our POE. 

Other than that, they were impressed that we had already chosen both.

Did you see the Facebook group? Lots of good info over there, for people who have crossed and finishing up.

That's good to hear. 

As soon as you get your passport, they'll provide you with a website to pay the immigrant fee. Create an account before you pay. You will get a receipt number that you can track on USCIS case tracker for the status of your green card. 

I got notification that my fee was accepted and now being produced. It shouldn't be too long before I get my green card. I'm moving back Friday permanently. 

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.