JBMG

NVC CEAC UPLOAD FILERS - May 2017

317 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/23/2017 at 0:49 AM, Koalaem said:

I submitted mine July 13th and I'm also still waiting. 

On 7/23/2017 at 10:36 AM, vbjohn said:

Let's keep each other posted.

On 7/23/2017 at 4:43 PM, Koalaem said:

I paid the fees and they've been withdrawn from our account, but the CEAC forms aren't "unlocking" for us to fill them out and the fees still say processing. 

Can I fill out the forms and mail them in? 

Is anyone else's taking way longer than 3 days to become accessible?

I'm so tired of this process 😑

I paid everything on July 14th and my AOS was accepted within two business days, it's been over two weeks and my IV is still in processing even though I paid both of them and both fees were taken out of my account on the same day (july 17th).  I've called 3 times now and have been told I just have to keep waiting and that their system is messed up right now.  I've already submitted everything for the AOS and have everything ready for the IV but it just doesn't want to post. I'm getting extremely frustrated.

Timeline

Montreal people, 

Just trying to finalize all my documentation for the interview in 13 days (WOOT WOOT!)

My question is this, what is the step about the courier service? If we are leaving Montreal the same day as interview, does this mean we should set up a courier service to deliver the passport? And if so, how does one do this? Go to Canada post? Fedex? DHL? 

I asked another person and they said they opted out "just in case we were not home when they delivered it." What does that mean?

Thanks for any and all help, 

K

Timeline

Relating to the topic above, I am starting to see that it is different for CEAC.  The traditional process has them schedule an appointment on a website that also leads them to purchase the courier service.  None of this is mentioned on my appointment letter.  As a matter of fact, nothing past NVC says anything about a courier service? Made my heart sink for a minute because this process is so different and reading the traditional process steps can sometimes make you have a panic attack. Lol. 

CEAC upload completions, help a sister out on this.  Thank you.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

Relating to the topic above, I am starting to see that it is different for CEAC.  The traditional process has them schedule an appointment on a website that also leads them to purchase the courier service.  None of this is mentioned on my appointment letter.  As a matter of fact, nothing past NVC says anything about a courier service? Made my heart sink for a minute because this process is so different and reading the traditional process steps can sometimes make you have a panic attack. Lol. 

Download the PDF of instructions related to processing through MTL from the state department website. It has a step by step on what you need to do starting with registering your appointment with the embassy. If nothing is in there regarding a courier service I don't expect you need it. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, K&Kir said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk 3 supplements/MTL - Montreal.pdf

Timeline

I received a private message about the courier service so I wrote about my case here. 

This is how I went through that courier part. 

First I saw someone mentioned about choosing a courier service on CEAC upload forum. And I looked into it and found more info on CEAC website. 

There's a website where you can choose your courier service. It's only by Canada post and you have two options; pick up by yourself at a post office or get it delivered paying $20 or $30.

Once you go to the website, you can follow the instruction. I did follow it, set the courier service, and got it confirmed. However, on the interview date, a receptionist asked me if I did that but it didn't show on their system. 

She gave a sheet explaining the address of the website, how to do, where to contact in case there's an issue. 

After the interview, I followed that instruction again (basically did what I did in the past)

The problem was that my interview date was written wrong on a confirmation page after setting up the courier service. It was written 2020 instead of 2017. 

I found it odd at first but didn't care too much about it without knowing that could causs a problem with the courier service. 

After the interview, I emailed them to correct the interview date and got a response right away. 

So if you find a same error, correct it before going to the interview. 

The website is 

www.ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/iv

I wish you best luck!!

On July 5, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Cat_Dad said:

The options you can select when you upload optional civil documents are:

Adoption Documentation

Birth Certificate

Criminal Court and Prison Records

Form DS-234 Special Immigrant Visa Biodata Form

Iraqi Family Book

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Termination Documentation

Military Records

Military-Civilian Identification Badge

Other

Passport Biographic Page

Petitioner's Birth Certificate

Petitioner's Marriage Certificate

Petitioner's Marriage Termination Documentation

Photographs

Police Certificate

Proof of Legal Residence in Foreign Country

Proof of LPR Status

Proof of U.S. Citizenship

Proof of U.S. Citizenship or LPR Status

Refugee Benefits Election Form

Translation

I didn't upload any of these as they didn't apply to my case.

I'm guessing they will mark these 'required' for your case if they think its applicable, but you have the option of uploading them if you think it's needed.

Hey everyone, we were able to pay our AOS & IV fees on July 27th, and they were approved as of today to start uploading. I still haven't seen a document from NVC stating they received my case since we called and received our case and invoice number. With that, in the Civil Documents section-one of the required fields is "Photographs". (It's listed as both required and an optional field) Perhaps the document NVC document I'm suppose to receive explains this, but I'm wondering is this just photographs from our relationship as evidence? Or are they wanting copies of my spouses photo (the 2 color photos that are 5cm by 5cm) and just upload this on a sheet of paper into CEAC? I'm confused, and probably thinking through this too hard! Any help on what you all did is appreciated! Thanks! 

1 minute ago, HessicaS said:

Hey everyone, we were able to pay our AOS & IV fees on July 27th, and they were approved as of today to start uploading. I still haven't seen a document from NVC stating they received my case since we called and received our case and invoice number. With that, in the Civil Documents section-one of the required fields is "Photographs". (It's listed as both required and an optional field) Perhaps the document NVC document I'm suppose to receive explains this, but I'm wondering is this just photographs from our relationship as evidence? Or are they wanting copies of my spouses photo (the 2 color photos that are 5cm by 5cm) and just upload this on a sheet of paper into CEAC? I'm confused, and probably thinking through this too hard! Any help on what you all did is appreciated! Thanks! 

This is for the Passport-style photo. It says 'Photographs' but I just uploaded the one passport photo. If they need a second one they can copy/paste :)

1 minute ago, Cat_Dad said:

This is for the Passport-style photo. It says 'Photographs' but I just uploaded the one passport photo. If they need a second one they can copy/paste :)

Okay thanks! super helpful and much easier then what I was thinking they wanted! I think I need to go to bed! :) thanks again!

9 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

This is correct. I uploaded the passport photo that I gave during my interview. 

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Timeline

Thanks for all the help everyone!

The packet four instructions are for the old process, so it's slightly different for us. The first difference being that we do not select interview on a website as stated in step 1. I think this is where they get information about setting up courier service.

So for future cases, follow the steps Min&Mark stated before your interview, because if you do not get this done, they will not have a place to send your passport when it's ready! 

Timeline

I STAND CORRECTED,

You do follow steps as listed on "Packet 4" website above.  I got confused with CEAC saying "select your appointment date" and step 1 "register your appointment date."

I went to the website that MIN&MARK posted, same as step 1, and registered our appointment which prompted courier service selection. 

Thanks all for your help, 

T-minus 12 days, 

K

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, Nattie_Bry said:

Sorry more questions... Husband filed his Tax Single for 2016 (we were married Jan 2017), is there a problem / red flag or we should be fine to submit the transcript as is?

It does not seem to be a problem to me but just in case... Anyone having similar situation?

I don't think this is an issue from anything I've read. I would perhaps recommend him to submit the past 3 years worth of tax records, and then perhaps if you have other documents showing you are financially tied together. But I don't know if that makes a difference. For example, I submitted documents proving that my spouse is on my work insurance. Not sure if they care about this, but wanted to show areas of connection :) Maybe someone else has other thoughts! But I agree in that it doesn't seem like a problem...they just care that there is financial support and evidence backing it.

15 hours ago, HessicaS said:

I don't think this is an issue from anything I've read. I would perhaps recommend him to submit the past 3 years worth of tax records, and then perhaps if you have other documents showing you are financially tied together. But I don't know if that makes a difference. For example, I submitted documents proving that my spouse is on my work insurance. Not sure if they care about this, but wanted to show areas of connection :) Maybe someone else has other thoughts! But I agree in that it doesn't seem like a problem...they just care that there is financial support and evidence backing it.

It should not be a problem filing as single. My wife did that on her tax return and provided the last 3 years worth of tax returns along with her fathers, who was our joint sponsor. At the interview, they only asked for the 2016 tax return for both my wife and her father. 

ROC

5/3/19 - Dropped package at UPS

5/6/19 - UPS ship package

5/7/19 - Package is delivered

5/10/19 - NOA1 Issued

5/13/19 - Check is cashed

5/14/19 - NOA1 received in the mail

5/24/19 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

6/4/19 - Biometrics appointment

6/6/19 - Case is updated online with "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/5/20 -  Case is updated online with "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

1/19/21 - Appointment to get passport stamped

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Regarding AOS and IV fees, I paid on July 26 and the money was taken out of my account the following day or so, I still show "in processing."  I called the NVC today and the person on the phone said to take a screenshot of the bank statement showing the payment  and e-mail asknvc with the right case info. Hopefully it gets updated quicker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.