Matisyahu

May 2017 AOS Filers

2,315 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Hawksquill said:

That's exactly how we felt! We received his EAD less than a month before we got the interview notice, which was scheduled a month in advance.  So basically only a two month difference.

He found a job within a month but doesn't start until a few days before his interview anyway.  All in all, it just seems silly that EAD takes so long when the net benefit of getting slightly earlier work authorization is almost negligible. 

Definitely agree.  I'm glad it worked out for you guys.  Good luck with your upcoming interview!  

2 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

6.5 months?! What the hell....that's so ridiculous. If they're gonna take that long for EAD, they should just schedule the interview super fast for you guys and approve your GC.

Agreed. This defeats the purpose of EAD. Of course, their goal of discouraging foreign workers is fully accomplished, as I have seriously considered leaving for Canada/Australia! I am a PhD and my wife is MD and this is NOT what we had in mind after all those years of graduate/medical school and residency/postdoc training.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I called USCIS to inquire about my spouse's i-485, but they told me that my i-130 needed to be accepted first. I thought they were done at the same time, no? They said they were processing i-130 up through May 31st at MSC, but I can't find any processing times for the i-130s anywhere on USCIS's website. I think the officer I was talking was mistaken and that the i-485 needs to be taken care of first.

Well, I finally have some good news to share with you guys - my EAD approval notice arrived in the mail yesterday! Oddly enough, case status still hasn't been updated... <_< Took them 173 days. Almost twice as long as the normal processing time! Still don't have an interview scheduled, but the EAD was really my biggest concern and I'm just happy that part is over with. Waiting for the card now! Good luck to those still waiting - if I got mine, I'm pretty sure you're getting yours any time now! :jest:

Timeline

I am a late March/early April filer. The reason I am here is to help those in my situation.

As you can see from my timeline in my signature, I have an approved I-130. I am married to my wife for over 11 years, have a 6 year old child with here and have lived in this nation for over 17 years. I have no criminal record that I am aware of. My PD is April 4, 2017. I have also been waiting for my interview since my online status changed to "ready to schedule your appointment" on June 6, 2017, close to 6 months ago. I have filled 2 SRs to shed some light on this case both to no avail. Yesterday I finally got a chance and called USCIS hot line and talked to level 2 officer. He informed me that my case is still sitting motionless in National Benefit Center in Lee Summit, MO. I was so surprised. He told me that he can't see why that is the case but he kindly informed me that based on his experience has to do with background check that is pending. He advised me to contact my local congregational representative. Upon getting off the phone I did exactly that. I found our representative, filled in the online form, printed it, signed it and mailed it all in a matter of an hour. Now need to wait for his office to inquire on my behalf and find out what is going on?

After doing that I got online and start researching. I am a medical researcher and very good at pulling information from dark corners of the web! What I found is not pleasant. Based on my findings citizens of certain nation that this administration isn't on good terms with are receiving the short end of the stick. Most probably they have internally advised department employees to scrutinize, delay, deny and block applications from citizens of those nations that this administration hates/dislikes. You would assume that this can't happen in a democracy without some level of transparency. Based on all public internal memos I could get my hands on from Department of Homeland Security and its subdivision, USCIS, There is nothing that indicates the problem I am describing. But when you collect individual date from forums and post you realize that indeed some nefarious activities are ongoing.

There was a recent media report that during first so-called visa-ban in early days of this administration and subsequent court stay on the order. This administration violated the court order and continued its practice in extrajudicial manner. So the moral of story, if you are a citizen of those ban nations, Mexico, some African and Latin American nations and you have been waiting for your interview for over 7 months and nothing has moved in regard to your application process you owe it to yourself and your family to call, inquire and get in touch with your congregational representative. Don't let the time laps.

Edited by Shushulsan

Day -1540 (01-07-2013) I-130 Sent (Under F2A because spouse was LPR).

Day -1327 (08-08-2013) I-130 Approved.

Day +0000 (03-27-2017) I-485 Sent. (Under IR-8 because spouse has naturalized).

Day +0002 (03-29-2017) I-485 Received.

Day +0009 (04/05/2017) Check Cashed.

Day +0009 (04/05/2017) I-485 Online Status (Fingerprint Fee Accepted).

Day +0009 (04/05/2017) I-485 Text/Email Notification Received.

Day +0014 (04/10/2017) I-485 Notice of Action Received.

Day +0018 (04/14/2017) Fingerprint Appointment Notice Received.

Day +0028 (04/24/2017) Biometric Done.

Day +0072 (06/07/2017) Ready to Schedule for Appointment.

Day +0095 (06/30/2017) EAD Card Being Produced.

Day +0098 (07/03/2017) EAD Case Was Approved.

Day +0101 (07/06/2017) EAD Card Was Mailed.

Day +0102 (07/07/2017) EAD Received.

Day +0207 (10/20/2017) SR Filed for 6+ Months.

Day +0246 (11/28/2017) Sent Letter to congressional representative.

Day +0267 (12/19/2017) Interview Letter Issued

Day +0274 (12/26/2017) Interview Letter Received

Day +0303 (01/24/2017) Interview Day

Day +0305 (01/26/2017) Green Card Was Mailed

Day +0308 (01/29/2017) I-485 Approval Notice of Action Received

Day +0309 (01/30/2017) Green Card Received

Timeline
8 hours ago, Shushulsan said:

I am a late March/early April filer. The reason I am here is to help those in my situation.

As you can see from my timeline in my signature, I have an approved I-130. I am married to my wife for over 11 years, have a 6 year old child with here and have lived in this nation for over 17 years. I have no criminal record that I am aware of. My PD is April 4, 2017. I have also been waiting for my interview since my online status changed to "ready to schedule your appointment" on June 6, 2017, close to 6 months ago. I have filled 2 SRs to shed some light on this case both to no avail. Yesterday I finally got a chance and called USCIS hot line and talked to level 2 officer. He informed me that my case is still sitting motionless in National Benefit Center in Lee Summit, MO. I was so surprised. He told me that he can't see why that is the case but he kindly informed me that based on his experience has to do with background check that is pending. He advised me to contact my local congregational representative. Upon getting off the phone I did exactly that. I found our representative, filled in the online form, printed it, signed it and mailed it all in a matter of an hour. Now need to wait for his office to inquire on my behalf and find out what is going on?

After doing that I got online and start researching. I am a medical researcher and very good at pulling information from dark corners of the web! What I found is not pleasant. Based on my findings citizens of certain nation that this administration isn't on good terms with are receiving the short end of the stick. Most probably they have internally advised department employees to scrutinize, delay, deny and block applications from citizens of those nations that this administration hates/dislikes. You would assume that this can't happen in a democracy without some level of transparency. Based on all public internal memos I could get my hands on from Department of Homeland Security and its subdivision, USCIS, There is nothing that indicates the problem I am describing. But when you collect individual date from forums and post you realize that indeed some nefarious activities are ongoing.

There was a recent media report that during first so-called visa-ban in early days of this administration and subsequent court stay on the order. This administration violated the court order and continued its practice in extrajudicial manner. So the moral of story, if you are a citizen of those ban nations, Mexico, some African and Latin American nations and you have been waiting for your interview for over 7 months and nothing has moved in regard to your application process you owe it to yourself and your family to call, inquire and get in touch with your congregational representative. Don't let the time laps.

This is not good for us...do you have links or any other evidence showing that they are discriminating against travel ban countries? I thought for marriage based status changes, country of origin should have no impact. At least you i-130 was approved. Ours still has not been.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Finally received combo AP/EAD card today  :dancing: (after 180 days waiting for it ) 
Still no news about interview -- 
Ready to be scheduled since July 12 :wacko:

Edited by mszr

K1
09/21/2016 - I-129F Sent
09/29/2016 -
Received NOA1

11/09/2016 - Received NOA2 - Approval
12/12/2016 - NVC received petition
12/23/2016 - Received Instructions
02/16/2017 - Medical
02/24/2017 - Biometrics
02/27/2017 - Interview - Approved

03/01/2017 - Visa in hands

03/12/2017 - US POE (Denver)
05/15/2017 - We got married ^^

AOS
05/26/2017 - Mailed AOS  - EAD - AP
05/30/2017 - Package Delivered
06/15/2017- Check cashed
06/20/2017 - NOA received by mail
06/23/2017- Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
07/07/2017- Biometrics

09/25/2017 - NOA received by mail --- AP -- Approved

11/22/2017 - NOA received by mail --- EAD -- Approved

11/30/2017- Combo card EAD / AO in hands

04/17/2018- Interview letter received

05/23/2018- Interview - Approved ^^

06/04/2018- Green Card  received by mail

1-751

02/24/2020 - Mailed out I-175 packet 

02/26/2020 - Package Delivered
03/03/2020 - Check cashed

12/08/2020 - Card is being produced

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

So we are still waiting to be scheduled for an interview....SR was opened around three weeks ago. 

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No update on our SR just yet either, still at "Fingerprint Fee Received" on our 485 since May 3 (may 9 is the date on that status).  SR entered Nov 9, awaiting assignment.

So - If you're waiting for an interview to be scheduled you are much further ahead than we are, hang in there - it all depends on your specific case, where it got sent, and where you live.  Some 485 take a year or more, and K1 485s sometimes never get an interview

Edited by papasmf
Corrected date on SR to nov 9, not the 7th

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats Gordo!

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

It's been a looooong time since I've been here. I got my EAD obviously. I've been working just waiting for an update. Now I am getting nervous again. My student loans have doubled and I need to refinance. My husband's ship date got delayed so money is tight. I need freedom. So I booked an infopass for 12/18.

Strange thing, I received an RFE for my EAD. But my EAD was already approved. The RFE was asking me to confirm whether I wanted a renewal or a replacement EAD, and stated because my EAD was not set to expire within 90-120 days I cannot get a renewal. How odd. I did not re-apply for a renewal or replacement. So I replied saying I wanted neither a replacement or a renewal - I am happy with the EAD they issued me a few months ago. I'm hoping this does not mean I got pushed back to the back of the line.

I'm going to my infopass to request status of the current location of my application. I just want it to be in Baltimore now. I produced sooooo much evidence - I'm so frustrated, guys :(

Edited by EMBELL_17

05/11/2017: Mailed I-485, I-130, I-131, 1-765 

05/12/2017: Packet Delivered and Signed For

05/17/2017: NOA (text) Received for I-485 and I-765

05/18/2017: NOA (text) Received for I-130 and I-131

05/19/2017: Checks cashed 

05/22/2017: NOA (hard copy) Received in Mail (dated 05/17/2017)

05/26/2017: Biometrics Received (scheduled for 06/07/2017)

05/30/2017: Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

05/30/2017: SR to expedite I-765

06/05/2017: Received RFE for I-130A (dated 06/01/2017)

06/06/2017: Response to RFE Delivered

06/08/2017: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

06/12/2017: SR to expedite I-765 (with help from Congressman)

06/15/2017: EAD Approved! (34 days)

06/20/2017: EAD/AP Mailed

06/22/2017: EAD/AP Arrived in Mail (41 days)

07/06/2017-07/12/2017: Traveled on AP (POE: MIA)

12/20/2017: Letter with interview date (222 DAYS)

01/23/2018: INTERVIEW DATE!

01/24/2018: AOS Approved! (257 DAYS)

01/27/2018: Welcome to USA Letter Received (260 DAYS)

01/30/2018: Green Card Received (263 DAYS)

12/10/2019: DIVORCED!

01/22/2020: I-751 Mailed

01/24/2020: NOA Received

03/05/2020: Biometrics Completed

Nothing new for us since August, just sitting on ready for schedule. We also used our AP this past week and wasn't to bad. Just a 20 minute delay while my wife was sitting to be interview. Didn't even get asked questions just got called to a room to sit then got told, all good and to go ahead in LAX.

However, I am trying to figure out how to read the site for time lines for interviews.

For our interview, will it be field office or service center? If its field office, I am confused on how to read it for the Dallas set up(Link below). It shows 9/30/17 in the top screen and a date about the 485(so back logged!) but in the logger section it shows December 1st updated...

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Hello folks, just wanted to let you all know that the GC arrived yesterday. Also my status never updated online after the interview.

Good luck everyone, I hope that you all start seeing those interview notices soon.

Timeline
On 12/7/2017 at 3:57 PM, Wiz_Fit said:

Nothing new for us since August, just sitting on ready for schedule. We also used our AP this past week and wasn't to bad. Just a 20 minute delay while my wife was sitting to be interview. Didn't even get asked questions just got called to a room to sit then got told, all good and to go ahead in LAX.

However, I am trying to figure out how to read the site for time lines for interviews.

For our interview, will it be field office or service center? If its field office, I am confused on how to read it for the Dallas set up(Link below). It shows 9/30/17 in the top screen and a date about the 485(so back logged!) but in the logger section it shows December 1st updated...

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do

Your interview will be conducted at the field office. 9/30/17 is when the data was collected by USCIS from the field office. At the Dallas field office on that date, they were processing I-485 cases that have a PD of 11/14/16. Since the data was collected on 9/30/17, and because that was 70 days ago, they are probably processing applications with a PD of 1/23/17 next week, but that is just a guesstimate. The 12/7/17 is when USCIS last updated their processing times data on the web, which they do once every month.

Edited by cool_beans

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.