93 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Priscy said:

hello triple28,I have been trying to do f2b retention ,I entered the correct date of birth but it keeps on saying invalid date of birth so pls I want to know how u did yours..thanks

The format for Date of birth field is DD/Month/YYYY

for example 10/August/2018

You should select the number in the calendar instead of typing which leads to wrong format.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Priscy said:

I did that but it stills says invalid date..hmm

In that case, you should call NVC (603) 334-0700 to verify your Date of birth, or ask them an instruction, it should be faster.

They will guide you how to type DOB and how to request a F2B retention, because NVC process the request via email only.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 8/12/2018 at 4:34 AM, Triple28 said:

Yes. I got interview letter within 2 months asking for F2B retention.

PD 15 May 2011.

1 May 2018, send an inquiry to NVC asking for F2B retention.

16 May 2018, NVC reply with F2B preference.

22 May 2018 got Case completed email (2nd time) with F2B preference.

The 1st time CC which I got in 2017 is F1.

1 Jun 2018 send a query to NVC asking about my case status.

15 Jun 2018 got email from NVC note that the Consulate will schedule my interview.

2 Jul 2018 got interview letter for August 2018.

@Triple28Thank you for sharing your Requested timeline. This is very helpful.

I have followed the instruction you provided since ends of June then received message 'this request is pending review' in 2 weeks later.
However, From that until now, There is still no any update about my case's requested.

Of course, I did sent a query to NVC as per follow up my case this week. 

According to your experiences, I should get an update from NVC soon, probably in next 2 weeks.     

Hopefully I would get something lucky like yours. 😅 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, IamLucky said:

Thank you for the reply. Please let us know if you hear anything. I am planning to change my category from F1 to F2B but wondering how long it should take.

better to change from f1 to f2b

It seems like F1 is moving now so if your case is not too slow, you should keep F1.

Because there are many cases leaving F1 to move to F2B and leading to a backlog of F2B.

So maybe F1 will move faster than F2B and F2B may get stuck.

Changing between F1 and F2B is like a gamble so it is not easy to predict anything.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Received interview letter today. Priority date June 2nd 2011. F1 Visa.

Priority Date:                June 02 2011

i-130 Approved:           December 04 2013

Welcome Letter:          May 25 2017

Checklist for I-864A:   August 29 2017

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Priority Date:                June 02 2011

i-130 Approved:           December 04 2013

Welcome Letter:          May 25 2017

Checklist for I-864A:   August 29 2017

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 9/17/2018 at 1:25 PM, pscorb said:

Update since my previous post.
Nothing get back from NVC :) 

Quick update.
I did received Approval Letter last week by regular mail to my petitioner.
Yes, DHS & NVC approved my requested to opt-out from F1 to F2B.
It would take around 16 weeks on my requested, It may depend on regions, countries and total cases to review by NVC&DHS. 
Somebody who looking to Opt-out your case back to F2B should aware that the Opt-out process might take this long time waiting.
Right now my Priority Date is current on F2B and going to become current in next Visa bulletin if still in F1. 
I have to wait for Interview Letter. Hopefully they will starts send an email by ends of the months as usual. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.