Alexander De Ridder

Everything just gets better ... not!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Many of who have been around here for a while know that Clara's dad in the US was shot down,

the guy ran off, they didn't bother to find him, and now her dad is in a bed for the rest of his life.

He can't walk, can't even eat by himself. He was independant and had no insurance for this.

This happened in September last year, around the same time we got officially engaged.

Then her parents asked for support from the government, because their business doesnt work like

it used to, her dad can't work, and her mom needs to attend her husband all the time, and the expenses

line up.

They turned them down after a half year of deciding, because Clara lives with her parents still and she

has a good job, they say she has to pay for them.

Now our interview date was January 16th, its been 3 months passed by, and we are still waiting for the visa

because of a false name hit and consequently administrative review.

Our wedding was sheduled april 14, now canceled, reception, catering, limo, flower, my family who was going to

fly over, everything CANCELED.

Now I've been using all my time here in Belgium working and saving hard. I haven't spend a penny on anything

and I am glad to have a nice amount saved because Clara's savings are non existant due all her home situations.

Well it just got better. 4 days too late paying her car insurance, she drove through a red light thursday and got hit

by a car, a 2005 or 2006 NEW ford. Thats right, she doesn't even have liability ... turning my savings into ... u get the picture.

Aside from our feelings of depression around the whole AP issue, I had to deal with that too this weekend.

And still no idea when we can marry ...

Edited by Alexander De Ridder

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

Filed: Other Timeline
Many of who have been around here for a while know that Clara's dad in the US was shot down,

the guy ran off, they didn't bother to find him, and now her dad is in a bed for the rest of his life.

He can't walk, can't even eat by himself. He was independant and had no insurance for this.

This happened in September last year, around the same time we got officially engaged.

Then her parents asked for support from the government, because their business doesnt work like

it used to, her dad can't work, and her mom needs to attend her husband all the time, and the expenses

line up.

They turned them down after a half year of deciding, because Clara lives with her parents still and she

Now our interview date was January 16th, its been 3 months passed by, and we are still waiting for the visa

Our wedding was sheduled april 14, now canceled, reception, catering, limo, flower, my family who was going to

Now I've been using all my time here in Belgium working and saving hard. I haven't spend a penny on anything

and I am glad to have a nice amount saved because Clara's savings are non existant due all her home situations.

Well it just got better. 4 days too late paying her car insurance, she drove through a red light thursday and got hit

by a car, a 2005 or 2006 NEW ford. Thats right, she doesn't even have liability ... turning my savings into ... u get the picture.

Aside from our feelings of depression around the whole AP issue, I had to deal with that too this weekend.

Alex, many insurance companies have a 'forgiveness' timeframe for late payment of the premium. Usually 30 days.

I'm not sure in the case of having an accident during that time, but it might be worth a shot for Clara to inquire about this. A lot of time the 'forgiveness' depends on how long one has been a customer with the insurance company, whether or not the previous premiums were paid on time, and the insureds driving record.

So....is she sure her insurance won't pay?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

line up.

Wow. Sometimes when it rains.....it REALLY pours........

That's a LOT to deal with, in so short of a time.........

I know the words "hang in there" may not seem like a whole hell of a lot .......but..........not much more I can say......or much more you can do right now.

Hope things get better soon.....

Good luck....... :thumbs:

Edited by MPGGPM

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

There was a bill introduced in Oklahoma this year that will allow the car of an uninsured motorist to be confiscated and sold at public auction. If you drive without insurance, you create your own bad luck.

I'm not mentioning this to be mean, but I've been the vicitim of an uninsured motorist before and I'll be pleased if the new Oklahoma bill becomes law.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

There was a bill introduced in Oklahoma this year that will allow the car of an uninsured motorist to be confiscated and sold at public auction. If you drive without insurance, you create your own bad luck.

I'm not mentioning this to be mean, but I've been the vicitim of an uninsured motorist before and I'll be pleased if the new Oklahoma bill becomes law.

Well...as long as you thought it was the appropriate time/place to mention it and weren't trying to be mean.... :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

Second Rebeccajo's post... I've been late on my car insurance payment before and I was told the same thing by my agent.... please do check with her insurance and be SURE they won't pay. My guess is that they will.

Hope your luck changes very soon!

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well...as long as you thought it was the appropriate time/place to mention it and weren't trying to be mean.... :whistle:

I was thinking the same thing. :o

AlexDR,

I do hope things begin to turn around for you.(F) (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I agree on checking w/ the insurance. I doubt 4 days late would make it null and void (but I suppose stranger things have happened).

I know that wouldn't fix everything, but it may help even a little bit. (F)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wouldn't be too quick to put your money up for this, either. As far as the other guy is concerned, you don't exist (no family relationship) and there is no reason to expose your assets to this--they will only be used and there will still be a shortfall.

See what the insurance companies want to do first.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

LOL

Bobbie & Klaus

2/23/07 Mailed Package to TSC (G-325A & I-125)

2-25-07 Online PO shows package delivered

3-06-07 NOA on I-129

3-12-07 Touched (I think)

6-8-07 Touched appropriately!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

line up.

First off, my prayers are with you and your fiancee concerning both your immigration and other personal situations.

Echoing what others have said, you´ve gotta follow up with her insurance.

Secondarily, the guy might not have had insurance, but there may be assets, which I´m sure any of the hordes of lawyers following the accident would be willing to check out.

USCIS (CR-1)

06/30/2006 Mailed I-130 USPS Overnight Mail to Nebraska (NSC)

07/03/2006 Express Mail signed for at NSC

07/08/2006 Found out on VJ that my case is transferred to California (CSC)

07/21/2006 NOA1

11/02/2006 NOA2

NVC

11/13/2006 NVC Case # Assigned

11/20/2006 DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

11/21/2006 Emailed Choice of Agent (from wife/non-USC) in lieu of DS-3032

11/21/2006 Sent AOS Fee Bill Payment via USPS Overnight Mail

11/30/2006 NVC Processed AOS Fee Bill Payment (still no record of receiving Choice of Agent Email)

12/04/2006 Sent DS-3032 Choice of Agent USPS Overnight

12/11/2006 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support (AOS) in mail

12/11/2006 Sent I-864 AOS to NVC via USPS Overnight

12/11/2006 Immigrant Visa (IV) Fee Bill Generated

12/18/2006 Received IV Fee Bill in the mail

12/18/2006 Sent IV Fee Bill payment to NVC via USPS Overnight

01/03/2007 Sent DS-230 USPS Overnight

01/08/2007 NVC processed DS-230

01/12/2007 Received DS-230 (Part 1) and the list of "Documents You Need to Obtain" for Embassy Interview in mail

02/06/2007 Case Complete @ NVC

02/13/2007 Case sent to Embassy

Embassy

03/15/2007 Received Interview Instructions (aka Packet 4)

04/03/2007 Lab Tests

04/04/2007 Medical Exam

04/10/2007 Interview (Conditional Approval)

04/12/2007 Visa Approved!

04/18/2007 Visa in Hand, Gracias a Dios !!!

04/19/2007 Arrival in USA !!! (POE = Atlanta)

05/29/2007 Received Green Card in mail

www.MarriageBuilders.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

i'm just hoping that when the bills come i wont have a heart attack :S

i totally agree she should NOT drive around uninsured, im dissapointed she did .. after what happened to her father she should have known better .. but what can I say? I'm glad that she is ok physically ..

Edited by Alexander De Ridder

Visa Journey Completed: Permanent US Resident since February 2009!

Thank you for googl'ing my name!

Contact me anytime for your internet development or marketing needs!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.