951 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Been awhile since I've checked in here.

Congrats misa on your EAD! :) I've been following your timeline hoping you would get it soon...I guess being in Richmond I feel 'bonded' to you as a fellow Virginian :D

Thanks J&K! Sure is a bit different here than in Toronto. :) Damn it's freaking hot here too. :P Glad you have your GC in hand! Good luck on job hunting. :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow is my interview..at 10am!!!!!!!!! I am nervous....Let's see if I am lucky and it's easy!!!

Green Card

04/07/2007 Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

07/10/2007 Green Card Interview!!!APPROVED!!!!!!!!DAY 93

Removal of Condition

06/08/2009 Sent I-751

06/09/09 Package Arrived

07/21/09 Biometrics

8/13/09 Card Production Ordered!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Tomorrow is my interview..at 10am!!!!!!!!! I am nervous....Let's see if I am lucky and it's easy!!!

good luck to ya :thumbs:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On July 6, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

After nearly a month of ulcer-inducing stress regarding background checks, whether or not I could take my vacation in August and visit my new in-laws, we got the e-mail, smack dab in the middle of the biggest convention that my job covers.

Suddenly, the work week's intense load doesn't feel so bad.

Good luck to everyone awaiting interviews; hopefully you won't get snagged in background checks the way we did!

Married - Feb 9, 2007

Filed I-130, AOS, EAD together - Mar 31, 2007

USCIS Received - Apr 2, 2007

NOA(1) - Apr 9, 2007

ASC Appointment Notice - Apr 13, 2007

Biometrics Taken - Apr 27, 2007

AOS Interview Schedule Letter - April 30, 2007

Touched - May 24, 2007

EAD approved, card ordered - Jun 13, 2007

AOS Interview Jun 14, 2007 -- Case continued pending FBI background checks

EAD touched again (re-approved, dunno why) - Jun 18, 2007

EAD touched yet again (I hope this touch is to mail it!) - Jun 19, 2007

EAD received - Jun 22, 2007

AOS Approval Notice - Jul 9, 2007

AOS touched (I hope that means it's being set up to mail!) - Jul 10, 2007

Green Card received - Jul 20 2007

Filing Lifting of Conditions - Apr 2009

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol: I am way to confused Burke. I was looking to see how your interview went and then noticed your timeline hadn't changed and I was like, hey what gives Burke? Where is your interview info?? then I realized it's not the 10th yet when I saw your recent post!! :blush: Good luck. :thumbs:

I haven't seen anyone really post much on their interview experience. Has it been so simple there is nothing to say? :P Or too tortuous to recall?? :blink:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck burke! :)

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On July 6, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

After nearly a month of ulcer-inducing stress regarding background checks, whether or not I could take my vacation in August and visit my new in-laws, we got the e-mail, smack dab in the middle of the biggest convention that my job covers.

Good luck to everyone awaiting interviews; hopefully you won't get snagged in background checks the way we did!

CONGRATS!!!!!! :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

:lol: I am way to confused Burke. I was looking to see how your interview went and then noticed your timeline hadn't changed and I was like, hey what gives Burke? Where is your interview info?? then I realized it's not the 10th yet when I saw your recent post!! :blush: Good luck. :thumbs:

I haven't seen anyone really post much on their interview experience. Has it been so simple there is nothing to say? :P Or too tortuous to recall?? :blink:

ja ja ja ja.... :lol: ....that's really funny!!!! I will try to write here as soon as possible...but if everything goes ok...I am going to celebrate it!!! I hope that my weird name and surnames were a good thing, and my name check is done....I've been with my husband 4 years (3 of them living together) so I hope that everything goes well!!! It will be a good birthday present (next sunday it's my birthday!!).

Green Card

Removal of Condition

06/08/2009 Sent I-751

06/09/09 Package Arrived

07/21/09 Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well done to everybody who has got their EAD and AOS sorted, must be a huge weight lifted :dance:

Still don't understand why I haven't had my EAD approved as loads of people with later NOA dates have had theirs. Starting to think whether I should schedule an infopass appointment now!

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We filed our I-130 on 04/12/2007 and the I-129F on 05/20/2007. So, we are part of April and part of May 2007. So, we should be added to both months.

Thanks,

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

Te amo mucho mi gran amor!!!

I-130 Application: (Filed 222 days ago) Reached 7 MONTHS

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

05/09/2007 recieved NOA I from CSC (Reached 6 MONTHS 195 days from NOA I)

05/18/2007 Filed I-129F at Chicago Office ( Filed 186 days ago) 6 MONTHS!!

05/20/2007 rec'd NOA (184 days ago for NOA I ) REACHED THE 6 MONTH MARK!!

BOTH APPLICATIONS APPROVED 11/20/2007 THANK YOU MY GOD!!

11/20/2007 Date of NOA 2 email

11/26/2007 Date of hard copy of NOA 2

12/12/07 Date NVC receives paperwork

12/14/07 K3 is sent to Lima Peru, received case number from NVC.

12/17/07 Lima Peru Embassey receives K3

01/04/08 My Honey's Medical

**** I leave today to reunite with MY HONEY!!!! ****....

01/15/08 LEAVING FOR LIMA PERU!!!

01/17/08 8:15 AM Date of Interview in Lima, Peru with my honey!

INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED!!!!

***2008 is with My Honey***********

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
We filed our I-130 on 04/12/2007 and the I-129F on 05/20/2007. So, we are part of April and part of May 2007. So, we should be added to both months.

Thanks,

Hi Kimm,

You need to be check out the K-3 spouse's forum. This is the forum for those who have already gone through that process and are now in the U.S. and currently filing for Adjustment of Status to permanent resident.

Good luck with your journey. :thumbs:

Maria.

Separated!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Well done to everybody who has got their EAD and AOS sorted, must be a huge weight lifted :dance:

Still don't understand why I haven't had my EAD approved as loads of people with later NOA dates have had theirs. Starting to think whether I should schedule an infopass appointment now!

I called USCIS today & the guy told me that technically we are outside the processing times becuase we are on day 82...he said anything after 75 days can be looked into(which is news to me). Anyway, my hubby wasn't with me when I called so he told me to call back & they can look into it for me.

I made an infopass appt for 4/19(which will be day 91). I figure if we don't get the approval by then....they will have to give him the interum EAD.

maybe that is what you should do

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Outside of the grief involved with our pending background check, our interview went very well. I was nervous as hell, but for the most part, our questioning was largely what you'd expect from reading about this sort of thing:

• What's your name
  • What's your address
  • What's your phone number
  • When/how did you meet
  • When did you get married
  • How many times did your spouse visit you in the US before the wedding
  • Have you met your in-laws abroad
  • What do you (USC) do for a living

Odds are, if you've got enough photos, you'll answer a lot of questions as you explain the context of your pictures.

I would suggest bringing as much bona fide evidence as possible, even if you don't bring as much stuff as we did. We delved into overkill; a voided check from our joint bank account, a copy of a utility bill, photocopies of our wedding album, as well as digital prints chronicling everything from the night we met at a press event to after the wedding; we wrote dates and locations on the back to the best of our abilities. You can get digital 4X6 prints for 19 cents a piece from Walgreen's; we uploaded 45 digital pics, got them printed, then took our 25 faves and brought them to the interview for the officer's file.

You may not need this level of detail at all; it's just my #######-retentiveness shining through, and our official really appreciated the extra effort.

I'd tell you not to be nervous, because there's really nothing to be nervous about, but it's human nature and, IMO, pretty inevitable. Seriously, though, it'll be fine.

Married - Feb 9, 2007

Filed I-130, AOS, EAD together - Mar 31, 2007

USCIS Received - Apr 2, 2007

NOA(1) - Apr 9, 2007

ASC Appointment Notice - Apr 13, 2007

Biometrics Taken - Apr 27, 2007

AOS Interview Schedule Letter - April 30, 2007

Touched - May 24, 2007

EAD approved, card ordered - Jun 13, 2007

AOS Interview Jun 14, 2007 -- Case continued pending FBI background checks

EAD touched again (re-approved, dunno why) - Jun 18, 2007

EAD touched yet again (I hope this touch is to mail it!) - Jun 19, 2007

EAD received - Jun 22, 2007

AOS Approval Notice - Jul 9, 2007

AOS touched (I hope that means it's being set up to mail!) - Jul 10, 2007

Green Card received - Jul 20 2007

Filing Lifting of Conditions - Apr 2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I called USCIS today & the guy told me that technically we are outside the processing times becuase we are on day 82...he said anything after 75 days can be looked into(which is news to me). Anyway, my hubby wasn't with me when I called so he told me to call back & they can look into it for me.

I made an infopass appt for 4/19(which will be day 91). I figure if we don't get the approval by then....they will have to give him the interum EAD.

maybe that is what you should do

Thanks Irish,

Just made an infopass for the 17th which is 87 days if looking at NOA1 and 92 days if looking at recieved date! Hopefully they will help me if has not arrived by then! Job due to start 23rd July, hope I dont have to contact employer asking for more time :angry:

Edited by Amie&David

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

Outside of the grief involved with our pending background check, our interview went very well. I was nervous as hell, but for the most part, our questioning was largely what you'd expect from reading about this sort of thing:

• What's your name
  • What's your address
  • What's your phone number
  • When/how did you meet
  • When did you get married
  • How many times did your spouse visit you in the US before the wedding
  • Have you met your in-laws abroad
  • What do you (USC) do for a living

Odds are, if you've got enough photos, you'll answer a lot of questions as you explain the context of your pictures.

I would suggest bringing as much bona fide evidence as possible, even if you don't bring as much stuff as we did. We delved into overkill; a voided check from our joint bank account, a copy of a utility bill, photocopies of our wedding album, as well as digital prints chronicling everything from the night we met at a press event to after the wedding; we wrote dates and locations on the back to the best of our abilities. You can get digital 4X6 prints for 19 cents a piece from Walgreen's; we uploaded 45 digital pics, got them printed, then took our 25 faves and brought them to the interview for the officer's file.

You may not need this level of detail at all; it's just my #######-retentiveness shining through, and our official really appreciated the extra effort.

I'd tell you not to be nervous, because there's really nothing to be nervous about, but it's human nature and, IMO, pretty inevitable. Seriously, though, it'll be fine.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbs:

Yikes, I can feel your butterflies (I'm getting nervous too with ours)..

Good luck Burke, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

Congratulations!!! :dance:

Thanks everybody for your support!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting more and more nervous.....I selected around 30 photos, and then I am taking with me letters that we received from his mother and stepfather at our names. I am bringing too three notarized letters (his mom, sister and one friend). Hopefully it will be enough....It is a weird sensation to have to show that your relationship is real....I mean...we've been together for four years, but I don't know how you explain that!!! I hope that tomorrow I don't forget his birthday...(I have a problem with birthday dates....I don't remember any of them....). I am looking now in my closet, to see what can I wear....not too casual...not to dressy... I talk too much!!! :blush: I will let you know tomorrow the result of the interview and the questions that they asked to us!!!

Green Card

Removal of Condition

06/08/2009 Sent I-751

06/09/09 Package Arrived

07/21/09 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.