k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, earnhaaart said:

CONGRATS!!! So happy for you! Finally its over! 

Yes!!! I was not jumping up and down with happiness yesterday and my wife asked me why and I was like I am waiting for a status update and now I cant stop smiling...

just your typical immigrant LOL!!!

Timeline so far:

May 23rd    : Sent i-485, i-130&130A, i-131 and i-765 along with supporting documents at around 6PM via UPS next morning delivery.

May 24th    : USCIS received packet at 10 AM.

May 31st    : 4 texts and emails NOAs for all the applications and signed up for case status account.

June 2nd    : NOAs in the mail.

June 9th     : Bio-metrics appointment notice dated June 2nd. Appointment scheduled for June 20th.

June 12th   : Bio-metrics done, Walked in with an infopass appointment that nobody asked for. They didn't even ask why i was coming in early.

The person who dealt with me was very nice and welcoming.

July 3rd       : At 11AM received an email saying your case status has changed to interview is scheduled for August 2nd...

August 2nd : Attended interview was approved on the spot... IO was nice professional and polite but not friendly...

August 10th : At 2PM received my Green card in the mail!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, nikaero said:

Yes!!! I was not jumping up and down with happiness yesterday and my wife asked me why and I was like I am waiting for a status update and now I cant stop smiling...

I know what you mean! We all need that confirmation or the status update before we celebrate. I'll be flying out next week too! Although I missed my sisters wedding im still going back home just cuz i havent seen my family for five years. But anyways congratulations again. 🎉🎉🎉

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
27 minutes ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Same here too I am reassigned to an officer yesterday after my  case was assigned n completed by an IO on Aug 1st.

Weird why do they do this? How do you know your SR was completed before being reassigned again? 

Im very frustrated at day 99 as I don't even have biometrics done. I knew the process is tough but I didn't expect to be one of the unlickiest people... 

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️
12/27/2019 ROC delivered to Phoenix PO Box 📦

12/31/2019 i-797 NOA issued

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

1/3/2020 Check cashed 💵and Email Notification received. Case WAC***** routed to California SC

1/7/2020 NOA Received with 18-month extension

7/11/2020 🐾 Case updated to "Fingerprint Received" without Bio Appointment 

1/27/2021 New Card being Produced notification

1/29/2021 Case approved notice 

1/29/2021 Green Card shipped

2/2/2021 Green Card Delivered

N-400:

12/27/2022 N-400 Application online 

12/27/2022 N-400 Receipt Notice

06/12/2023 Interview Scheduled notice 

07/18/2023 Interview Date 🤞🏼🇺🇸🇺🇸🤠

Timeline
21 minutes ago, nikaero said:

Finally!!! After waiting for exactly 24 hours after my interview concluded with bated breath i get a text message saying your status updated and i see this on my status page!!!!

my_logo.png

New Card Is Being Produced

On August 3, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

yaaaaaaayyyyyy CELEBRATION TIME!!!!!!:jest::jest::o:wub::D:jest::jest::dance::dance:

Awesome!!! Congrats! I can't wait till this moment :D

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

1/3/2020 Check cashed 💵and Email Notification received. Case WAC***** routed to California SC

N-400:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, EvgeniaM said:

Weird why do they do this? How do you know your SR was completed before being reassigned again? 

Im very frustrated at day 99 as I don't even have biometrics done. I knew the process is tough but I didn't expect to be one of the unlickiest people... 

Day 97 n 10th week (PD 04/28/17) from biometric I hope they waive u the biometric once u came into to the US via a legal port of entry. if u were finger printed n photo captured at a legal point of entry u might not have to do it. This is just my personal view.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
20 minutes ago, EvgeniaM said:

I had the same problem and we have about the same timeline. 

It took me two calls to a Tier 2 officer to finally get my biometric appointment. 

The Tier 2 officer told me that ead/ap is on hold until the biometric is done and that was also in the letter about the service request I received. 

Mid call them again and talk to a Tier 2 officer to get that biometrics done. 

And congrats to everyone who got movement in their cases I'm happy for you all (I won't deny though that I'm a little jealous :p)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, earnhaaart said:

Hi so I received a text and email today saying they mailed my card yesterday. I then called uscis to get the tracking number. When I talked to a lvl 2 officer, he told me that my card is just being produced yesterday and is not yet mailed out but in my history it says it was produced on july 28 and was mailed out yesterday aug. 2. The officer was very rude and he is trying to argue with me so I just said have a great day. What should I believe??? Has anyone experience this?? 

Congrats! I just got news today that my card is being mailed to me. 

I haven't heard of them not having the tracking code ready. I would call again tomorrow. Just a few more days of waiting! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Spiny said:

It took me two calls to a Tier 2 officer to finally get my biometric appointment. 

The Tier 2 officer told me that ead/ap is on hold until the biometric is done and that was also in the letter about the service request I received. 

And congrats to everyone who got movement in their cases I'm happy for you all (I won't deny though that I'm a little jealous :p)

Fingers crossed for you! It's terrible how they keep people waiting with no information. To delay someone so long for their biometrics is not human! When all else fails, you can try asking for help from your congresswoman/congressman.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, mmmp said:

Congrats! I just got news today that my card is being mailed to me. 

I haven't heard of them not having the tracking code ready. I would call again tomorrow. Just a few more days of waiting! 

Yay! Congrats to you too! It's just weird that the IO that i speaked with said its not mailed yet but in my history it says it was produced on the 28th of July and was mailed Aug 2. I don't know what to believe :( but anyways i have a feeling i will get it this Saturday! I will call again tomorrow and see if i can get the tracking number.

Timeline
1 hour ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Day 97 n 10th week (PD 04/28/17) from biometric I hope they waive u the biometric once u came into to the US via a legal port of entry. if u were finger printed n photo captured at a legal point of entry u might not have to do it. This is just my personal view.

I came in 2009 though, so they probably need to retake biometrics. But if you are right that would be awesome to EAD without Bio. 

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

N-400:

Timeline
1 hour ago, Spiny said:

I called multiple times but they just tell me someone is working on it and I should wait. I scheduled InfoPass for 8/8 so hopefully I can ask them to do Bio then and there. I'm not sure if they can do it but I'll try. Does anyone know what should I bring to InfoPass and what is the scope of things I can ask them to do? I mean can they possibly do my Bio on the spot? 

Thanks all!!! 

ROC: 

3/26/2020 GC expires 
12/26/2019 ROC mailed ✉️

1/2/2020 NOA mailed 

N-400:

Timeline
43 minutes ago, EvgeniaM said:

I called multiple times but they just tell me someone is working on it and I should wait. I scheduled InfoPass for 8/8 so hopefully I can ask them to do Bio then and there. I'm not sure if they can do it but I'll try. Does anyone know what should I bring to InfoPass and what is the scope of things I can ask them to do? I mean can they possibly do my Bio on the spot? 

Thanks all!!! 

I went on an infopass last May 19th to physically ask an IO about my document being returned to the post office because they couldn't deliver it. We recently moved and I changed my address online but for some reason the documents were still mailed to our old address. So the IO had it fixed and he saw that i had my bio appt scheduled on May 11th which already passed so he scheduled my appointment that day. There were a lot of people scheduled for their bio appt that day but he saw that we live 3 hours away from the office so he made it possible. Just bring your noa's and passport, whatever documents you can bring and just tell them your situation and I'm sure they will do your biometrics. 

3 hours ago, nikaero said:

Finally!!! After waiting for exactly 24 hours after my interview concluded with bated breath i get a text message saying your status updated and i see this on my status page!!!!

my_logo.png

New Card Is Being Produced

On August 3, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

yaaaaaaayyyyyy CELEBRATION TIME!!!!!!:jest::jest::o:wub::D:jest::jest::dance::dance:

Huge congratulations to you! What a relief :D

I-129F Sent : 2016-06-04
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-06-08
I-129F NOA2 : 2016-08-10
NVC Received : 2016-08-24
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2016-08-24
NVC Left: 2016-08-31
Consulate Received: 2016-09-08
Packet 3 Received: 2016-09-12

Medical: 2016-10-07

Interview: 2016-11-03 - APPROVED!

Visa received: 2016-11-07

POE Dallas: 2017-02-24

Married: 2017-03-31 

4 hours ago, earnhaaart said:

Hi so I received a text and email today saying they mailed my card yesterday. I then called uscis to get the tracking number. When I talked to a lvl 2 officer, he told me that my card is just being produced yesterday and is not yet mailed out but in my history it says it was produced on july 28 and was mailed out yesterday aug. 2. The officer was very rude and he is trying to argue with me so I just said have a great day. What should I believe??? Has anyone experience this?? 

Hey earnhaaart,

After seeing your post I called to see if I could get my tracking number, and the tier 2 officer said the same thing had happened with my card. She was really nice, but she said sometimes they just sit waiting to actually get mailed for a few days. She recommended that I call back every day until they have a tracking number. I explained that I was really hoping to travel next week and that I had been expecting the card to arrive this week, but she said there was nothing she could do to speed up the delivery. I totally lost it when I got off the phone because I really wanted to fly on Monday! I'm feeling so disappointed. I don't think there's any chance of that now but let's hope they hurry up and actually mail them to us pronto! 

I-129F Sent : 2016-06-04
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-06-08
I-129F NOA2 : 2016-08-10
NVC Received : 2016-08-24
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2016-08-24
NVC Left: 2016-08-31
Consulate Received: 2016-09-08
Packet 3 Received: 2016-09-12

Medical: 2016-10-07

Interview: 2016-11-03 - APPROVED!

Visa received: 2016-11-07

POE Dallas: 2017-02-24

Married: 2017-03-31 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.