k1-2016

April 2017 AOS Filers

2,030 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello dear all!

I really hate this "Waiting Game" specially for EAD/AP... When we submitted the paper work for K1 Visa we were able to track the process on the USCIS app, I mean the process flow/change of status was available. 

Today my EAD/AP reached 90 days, so I called USCIS and they opened a case # to track it. They asked me to wait 30 days more for resolution ... if not I must call them back on Aug 12 😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕

I do not have SS#, so I cannot ask for driver's license. I cannot work either, I.can be a volunteer on different places I know, however where I live driving is a need, all the places are far away from home 😦

Have a nice day

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED.....mixed feelings right now

Sent in my AOS, EAD, and I-130 application on April 4th 2017

but funny enough no EAD before i got the interview for august 15th

2 minutes ago, Ninatica said:

Hello dear all!

I really hate this "Waiting Game" specially for EAD/AP... When we submitted the paper work for K1 Visa we were able to track the process on the USCIS app, I mean the process flow/change of status was available. 

Today my EAD/AP reached 90 days, so I called USCIS and they opened a case # to track it. They asked me to wait 30 days more for resolution ... if not I must call them back on Aug 12 😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕😕

I do not have SS#, so I cannot ask for driver's license. I cannot work either, I.can be a volunteer on different places I know, however where I live driving is a need, all the places are far away from home 😦

Have a nice day

hey, I'm not sure your city, I'm in VA and I got my ssn before i married and I got my driving liscence after I had my FP (797c).  Have u gone to those offices and ask? I went to DMV twice, and the second time I bought my 797c and other documents from uscis they asked for,  the officer in dmv said as long as I have the finger print letter they can approve me. Hope this help.:) 

12 minutes ago, tahir123 said:

Quick question: I sent my response to a Request for Initial Evidence last week that was received and signed by USCIS this past Saturday, July 8th, as shown by USPS tracking I had on it. Any idea roughly how long I should wait for the case status to update with the acknowledgement that they've receipt my response or are there any other actions I can take? I'm a bit scared because the 87 day response deadline is on July 20th. 

Hello it took them about a week to update for me. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 10/07/2017 at 8:50 PM, Antriksh said:

Hi guys, I have entered America and was starting the AOS petition. I am finding the petition really confusing. Can someone please guide me? and is there is any example of the new 18 pages i485?

20 hours ago, ahas44 said:

I honestly think you need to read the I-130 and I-485 instruction. I am sure your spouse can speak and understand English by this point. If you want to avoid delays and RFE, you must read the instruction, most of forms on the web are for the old forms, which you can't submit.

I agree with @ahas44's advice. There is also a grace period for the old forms. If you can send them all before August 25, you should be fine too. 

AOS

03/20/17....Applied SSN 

03/25/17.... SSN card received

04/01/17....AOS mailed  

04/10/17....NOA 1

04/19/17....RFE 

05/12/17....Biometric appointment

06/01/17....EAD expedite request

06/06/17....Faxed EAD documents

06/23/17....EAD/AP combo card approved

10/27/17....Green card approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

Howdy everyone I would like to share some information on my SR done today 75 days since PD 04/28/2017. So I put in a SR for my EAD today online on USCIS website and got this message below:

"As of July 12, 2017, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number SR11******************, is currently not assigned for processing."

Has anyone here experience anything like this? Please share your experiences.

I put in an SR to expedite my EAD last Wednesday, and then received an email requesting proof of a job offer be faxed to USCIS this Monday. I have also filed an expedite request with my local congressman (inc. A release form; cover letter; job offer; NOAs for EAD and AOS).

I would suggest calling USCIS to raise your expedite request if you have not heard back from them within 5 business days. It seems to be preferable to speak to someone and get a receipt so that your request is in the system.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Nancy4444 said:

hey, I'm not sure your city, I'm in VA and I got my ssn before i married and I got my driving liscence after I had my FP (797c).  Have u gone to those offices and ask? I went to DMV twice, and the second time I bought my 797c and other documents from uscis they asked for,  the officer in dmv said as long as I have the finger print letter they can approve me. Hope this help.:) 

Hello Nancy,

I am in Houston, I went to the SS Office and they were not able to process my request since I have got married 4 days before according to my certificate ... they asked me to present either my EAD or GC to provide me a SS# 😣😣

I should have asked for SS# before getting married 😫😦 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Beefheart said:

I put in an SR to expedite my EAD last Wednesday, and then received an email requesting proof of a job offer be faxed to USCIS this Monday. I have also filed an expedite request with my local congressman (inc. A release form; cover letter; job offer; NOAs for EAD and AOS).

I would suggest calling USCIS to raise your expedite request if you have not heard back from them within 5 business days. It seems to be preferable to speak to someone and get a receipt so that your request is in the system.

thank you 

1 hour ago, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

It did that to me too at two times n then I realize that I need to have all the information at hand then quickly fill it out n submit. The last part where it ask you who is filling out this form just select petitioner n then submit. Remember u have to do this very quickly. My experience!

used your trick and worked. Thank you. 

26 minutes ago, Ninatica said:

Hello Nancy,

I am in Houston, I went to the SS Office and they were not able to process my request since I have got married 4 days before according to my certificate ... they asked me to present either my EAD or GC to provide me a SS# 😣😣

I should have asked for SS# before getting married 😫😦 

:(( hopefully we are not too far from getting them!! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ninatica said:

Hello dear all!

Have a nice day

I would suggest contacting your congressman coz your EAD has been in processing for over 90 days which is over the normal processing time and most congressmen help out with federal processes that take longer than the stipulated time...

just your typical immigrant LOL!!!

Timeline so far:

May 23rd    : Sent i-485, i-130&130A, i-131 and i-765 along with supporting documents at around 6PM via UPS next morning delivery.

May 24th    : USCIS received packet at 10 AM.

May 31st    : 4 texts and emails NOAs for all the applications and signed up for case status account.

June 2nd    : NOAs in the mail.

June 9th     : Bio-metrics appointment notice dated June 2nd. Appointment scheduled for June 20th.

June 12th   : Bio-metrics done, Walked in with an infopass appointment that nobody asked for. They didn't even ask why i was coming in early.

The person who dealt with me was very nice and welcoming.

July 3rd       : At 11AM received an email saying your case status has changed to interview is scheduled for August 2nd...

August 2nd : Attended interview was approved on the spot... IO was nice professional and polite but not friendly...

August 10th : At 2PM received my Green card in the mail!!!!

3 hours ago, oj1 said:

INTERVIEW IS SCHEDULED.....mixed feelings right now

Sent in my AOS, EAD, and I-130 application on April 4th 2017

but funny enough no EAD before i got the interview for august 15th

Yay! Congrats! :D 

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.