dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2017

1,582 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Oh ok, yea we had to send it the long form original birth certificate and a translated one. I think it may be different with nvc because they are going by what each consulate requires for the interview..

Do i have to get it translated again if i already have one from the government?

36 minutes ago, Sol1427 said:

I'm not sure what 3 n/a mean but people on here say it means that your case is complete and in route to the embassy, so I'm guessing is a good thing.  I'm not there yet, I just got the PAID for my AOS and I'm still not able to pay the IV fee, I'm hoping it would be available to pay tomorrow.

ok thks good luck 

5 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Oh ok, yea we had to send it the long form original birth certificate and a translated one. I think it may be different with nvc because they are going by what each consulate requires for the interview..

hey the screenshot u sent only had 2 n/a? iam confused

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

As i have to wait for 11 more weeks:(,  i am planing to upgrade my case from F2A to IR.

Does anyone know if i can upgrade via below link? Not sure if if it is just for asking or we can upgrade the case by attaching documents once we select case change option?

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, trininurse said:

i am just asking did that make sense doing seeing u already waited 10 weeks when nvc takes 11?

I don't think you understand my ? trininurse. I'm not talking about the NVC stage, this is for the interview stage...... 

Thanks for the detailed info Thesmith2016 , much appreciated.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Timeline
8 minutes ago, emilyyy said:

20170426_033234.jpg

Congratulations!!!  All i see in this picture is CC :)

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NVC:

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Timeline
4 hours ago, Thesmiths2016 said:

When you request an expedite via the NVCExpedite email address, they send it to the embassy.  The embassy then decides whether you get NVC expedite (which is when the embassy pulls your file from NVC and does all the reviewing themselves), or the 2nd expedite which is normal NVC processing then when it gets to the embassy they look for the next available interview spot.
I have the second, so i was 10 weeks 4 days at NVC, then look at my signature for my dates.  They received my file 21st April and my interview is 4th May even though they had scheduled May already.

You don't choose "which type of expedite", they will decide this from your request

Thanks for the detailed info Thesmith2016 , much appreciated.

Do you by any chance happen to have the expedite emails address? I need to reach out to them.

Thanks

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NVC:

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
29 minutes ago, trininurse said:

hey the screenshot u sent only had 2 n/a? iam confused

Yes because my case has not been completed. When I get a 3rd n/a which will be under AoS fee my case will most likely be completed. As far as your case being ready for review. The ceac website doesn't really give any signal if that. If you have sent in all the required documents and paid fees and they have received everything then you are ready for review it is just the timing it takes to actually get to your case to review as they are backlogged and that's why it is taking up to 11 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
37 minutes ago, needhelpinfo said:

Do i have to get it translated again if i already have one from the government?

I wouldn't think so since they are just saying you did not send "original" correct? May be best to call them back if you aren't clear exactly what they want. Id hate for u to send the wrong thing and have even more wait time.

11 minutes ago, Adreamer said:

Yes because my case has not been completed. When I get a 3rd n/a which will be under AoS fee my case will most likely be completed. As far as your case being ready for review. The ceac website doesn't really give any signal if that. If you have sent in all the required documents and paid fees and they have received everything then you are ready for review it is just the timing it takes to actually get to your case to review as they are backlogged and that's why it is taking up to 11 weeks.

ok so under the section aos fee currently is saying paid that will change to n/a ?? it that what u meant ?? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hi all, 

I got confirmation over the phone when spoke to NVC agent that they received my application from USCIS (texas center) after 15 days of I130 Approval.

They are saying that its take 2 weeks to get case number and invoice id number.

But usually practically how long its taking any idea?? 3-4 days, 7-10 days or complete 2 weeks.

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.