1,252 posts in this topic

Timeline
15 hours ago, truelove29 said:

Sorry, it's account, then account settings, then settings area is the drop down menu :)

got it thanks

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, H&H. said:

not sure but generally speaking they give estimates on larger side to give them room and so people wont keep bugging them but it shouldnt take full amount. like even nvc people are like give us 6 weeks to receive case but obviously it shouldnt take that long. i guess after the wait period is over u have a case where they must give u an answer...

Question... on December 5th, they told me that I should get a notice within 45 days (keep in mind they did not mention 45 working days, they just said 45 days) so assumingly January 19th would be the 45th day. Right? Or my assumption is wrong? Lol

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Question... on December 5th, they told me that I should get a notice within 45 days (keep in mind they did not mention 45 working days, they just said 45 days) so assumingly January 19th would be the 45th day. Right? Or my assumption is wrong? Lol

no i think ur assumption is right...

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello April filers i am currently a July filers but had a question that maybe one of you can answer im hoping maybe someone in this group has had the thing happen. yesterday i got an update on my husband's i-130 and it says that is was sent to my local office? which means it was not approved yet but that they transferred it maybe due to being so busy ? but anyways has this happen to anyone ? if so how long til you finally heard something i am told i may need an interview which i just do not get why. my husband is in the states. thank you !!!

Timeline

called nvc and they received case today. :)

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
1 minute ago, H&H. said:

called nvc and they received case today. :)

Congrats man.. pray for the others.. i calles USCIS yesterday and spoke to Tier 2 officer and she told me to wait as processing is taking from 6 month to a year now. :( and i am at the 9 month now..

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MrsAni said:

How are you guys coming along with the process? 

good just getting nvc stuff ready my wife has everything except police stuff and i have everything as well. just filed 2017 taxes so that has my wifes name too so hopefully that helps. how about u where r u 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
23 minutes ago, H&H. said:

good just getting nvc stuff ready my wife has everything except police stuff and i have everything as well. just filed 2017 taxes so that has my wifes name too so hopefully that helps. how about u where r u 

Hmmm.. interesting.. how did you include your wife in your tax return as she is not registered as your wife in the US right now and she does not have any social or allien number.. please advice as i have to do my taxes too.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

Hmmm.. interesting.. how did you include your wife in your tax return as she is not registered as your wife in the US right now and she does not have any social or allien number.. please advice as i have to do my taxes too.

well as of 31 dec 2017 i was married so i had three options

1. married filing jointly

2. married filing separately AND get exemption for her

3. married filing separately without exemption for her

options 1 and 2 require me to get her an ITIN # and that looked complicated so i decided to go to option 3. financially it is the worst decision but i didnt need her itin number to file and i will amend to married jointly when shes here in 4-6 months and get the refund then. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Timeline
2 minutes ago, H&H. said:

well as of 31 dec 2017 i was married so i had three options

1. married filing jointly

2. married filing separately AND get exemption for her

3. married filing separately without exemption for her

options 1 and 2 require me to get her an ITIN # and that looked complicated so i decided to go to option 3. financially it is the worst decision but i didnt need her itin number to file and i will amend to married jointly when shes here in 4-6 months and get the refund then. 

Hmm ok. Thats what i thought. I dont see a any good reason to file as matried because eventually i will have to amend for her AND even though i am married my marriage has not been registered in the us yet.. my lawyer told me this..

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mdanish4 said:

Hmm ok. Thats what i thought. I dont see a any good reason to file as matried because eventually i will have to amend for her AND even though i am married my marriage has not been registered in the us yet.. my lawyer told me this..

to my knowledge all the irs cares about whether ur married or not doesnt matter where u got married or if she has been to usa or not or if registered here. 

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, H&H. said:

to my knowledge all the irs cares about whether ur married or not doesnt matter where u got married or if she has been to usa or not or if registered here. 

This is what I've heard as well. You don't have to register the marriage in the U.S., it's already recognized. Supposedly once you're married you're supposed to file taxes as married. Option 3 above is what I will do as well.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.