1,252 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, MrsAni said:

Congratulations @Japanese Eyed!!  I saw your update! 

Thank you very much, Mrs Ani. Congratulations to you too..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, H&H. said:

i was doing 2017 taxes and will use them for visa process. can someone tell me how u guys r planning to file if spouse isnt in us yet. u can do joint, separate and claim exemption for them or do separate without exemption. whats the easiest and fastest without having to get them an itin? 

When I file my 2017 taxes I will still file "head of household" since he wasn't in the US.   Next year I will file jointly since he'll be here in the US. 

Interview scheduled for February 20.  Woke up to appointment letter via email. Now have to schedule medicals before interview.

All the best to all my fellow April filers that are still waiting for your petition to be approved. I know its frustrating trust me I know but keep your head up.  If its any consolation each stage comes with its own frustrations. Same feeling all the way to the end.  Hang in there :-) 

April 18, 2017 - Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

April 20, 2017 - Chicago Lockbox receives package

April 24, 2017 - Receive email and text - case accepted, receipt # and transferred to Potomac (YSC)

April 28, 2017 - Receive NOA1 hardcopy from Potomac Service Center (Received Date: April 21, 2017, Priority Date: April 19 , 2017 and Notice Date: April 21, 2017)

May 2, 2017   - Finally able to track case on app (was not able to track until after a couple days after receiving the NOA1 hardcopy)

Oct 30, 2017 -  I-130 Approved

Nov 03, 2017 -  Case sent to Department of State (NVC)

Nov 03, 2017 - NOA2 received in the Mail

Nov 13, 2017 - NVC receives file

Nov 25, 2017 - NVC sends Case # and Invoice Number

Nov 26, 2017 - DS-261 (choose an agent) form sent to NVC

Nov 30, 2017 - Receive letter / instructions to pay fees

Dec 1, 2017  -  Affidavit of Support fee and IVF fee paid to NVC via online 

Dec 6, 2017 -   DS-260 submitted

Dec 8, 2017  -  Package delivered at NVC

Dec 12, 2017 - Scan date

Jan 13, 2018 - Case Complete

Feb 20, 2018 - Interview then administrative processing

April 3, 2018 - Second Interview and approved

April 10, 2018 - Pick up passport and visa

April 14, 2018 - Arrived in USA

Timeline
43 minutes ago, MrsAni said:

When I file my 2017 taxes I will still file "head of household" since he wasn't in the US.   Next year I will file jointly since he'll be here in the US. 

ahh thats good if u qualify for it.

i found a good way where i can file now without her itin number and lose money but when she's here i can amend it and get money. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, MrsAni said:

Congratulations @Minhaj88!! I saw your update! 

Thank you!! Congratulations to you as well!! Surreal to think we all started in April on this journey.

Hi everyone how many people for Nebraska center has received NOA2?

We have been waiting for 280 days now and nothing I called them and all they said is just keep waiting you are on regular processing time!! Really!! is this normal processing time? how does USCIS think this is normal!! to keep families apart for so long and this is just the first step and they haven't even get to it yet I know they might never read this but I would like an explanation from someone at USCIS why takes them so long.  How? one of the greatest nations on earth capable of sending the Hubble telescope and explore the universe, spending billions of dollars on war and hi tech missile and aircraft How?? they can't process an application to keep a family together this is a health issue of your citizens do you really care about your citizens? to me looks like you don't care at all lets say the US has better priorities than his people and there is no money to spend on keeping a family together how hard will be to let us know hey people we have a lack of personal to process your applications so we have to raise the fees 100% but that will cut your waiting time in half I'll be more than happy to pay $1070 fee and even more if necessary and get them here in 6 months I spend more money on plane tickets and travel expenses visiting my wife, so is not about money either so what is it? That's what I want to know are you punishing us because we felt in love with a foreign citizen? 

I know everyone here has a different story to tell some harder than others but on my story I don't know if anyone here share the same frustration waking up every morning and put your self together hoping that that day will be the day you find something online or when you come home you will find that letter and nothing!!  the world needs to know what is happening here all I need is a yes or no if you said NO I'll just move out the country and start from scratch at least I'll be next to my wife and son and we call it done because if you move and have no income in the US you can't bring no one here unless you find some to sign an affidavit of support good luck with that! and on top of that if your love one is on I 130 process they can't get a tourist visa because you might apply for adjustment of status?? I have look every option either way we are trap. I'm a proud US citizen but what America is becoming to is a shame when is time to kill and destroy the US  is always number 1 but when it comes to families and their people they go at the end of the hole and sent you to Nebraska "service" center.          

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Miguel y Elsa said:

We have been waiting for 280 days now and nothing I called them and all they said is just keep waiting you are on regular processing time!! Really!! is this normal processing time? how does USCIS think this is normal!! to keep families apart for so long and this is just the first step and they haven't even get to it yet I know they might never read this but I would like an explanation from someone at USCIS why takes them so long.  How? one of the greatest nations on earth capable of sending the Hubble telescope and explore the universe, spending billions of dollars on war and hi tech missile and aircraft How?? they can't process an application to keep a family together this is a health issue of your citizens do you really care about your citizens? to me looks like you don't care at all lets say the US has better priorities than his people and there is no money to spend on keeping a family together how hard will be to let us know hey people we have a lack of personal to process your applications so we have to raise the fees 100% but that will cut your waiting time in half I'll be more than happy to pay $1070 fee and even more if necessary and get them here in 6 months I spend more money on plane tickets and travel expenses visiting my wife, so is not about money either so what is it? That's what I want to know are you punishing us because we felt in love with a foreign citizen? 

I know everyone here has a different story to tell some harder than others but on my story I don't know if anyone here share the same frustration waking up every morning and put your self together hoping that that day will be the day you find something online or when you come home you will find that letter and nothing!!  the world needs to know what is happening here all I need is a yes or no if you said NO I'll just move out the country and start from scratch at least I'll be next to my wife and son and we call it done because if you move and have no income in the US you can't bring no one here unless you find some to sign an affidavit of support good luck with that! and on top of that if your love one is on I 130 process they can't get a tourist visa because you might apply for adjustment of status?? I have look every option either way we are trap. I'm a proud US citizen but what America is becoming to is a shame when is time to kill and destroy the US  is always number 1 but when it comes to families and their people they go at the end of the hole and sent you to Nebraska "service" center.          

I feel you!!!!! I am at California service center with PD 04/20/2017 and it has been 273 days and nothing yet.. 

Edited by Mdanish4

Finally received our approval, still can't believe it!!! :) On to the NVC!  Hang in there everyone, I certainly have been feeling your pain! 

Pd 5/8/17 at Nebraska center. Approval 1/16/18.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Minhaj88 said:

Thank you!! Congratulations to you as well!! Surreal to think we all started in April on this journey.

I know right lol

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Miguel y Elsa said:

i feel ur frustration. it seems like they're slow because they dont have enough people. im sure this is a common problem of taking long so why dont they just hire more people and its not that complicated job so shouldnt cost too much. also ur keeping families apart who are going through the process legally so u should help them as much as u can. i was reading article where author was also complaining about slow process and said something like bush sr won gulf war in 42 days and it takes years to bring one person over. doesnt make sense. as of now we should be getting close. im also at nebraska and they received ours april 12. whats most frustrating is how people from may and june have got accepted and we're still waiting. doesnt make sense but who knows. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

12 minutes ago, H&H. said:

i feel ur frustration. it seems like they're slow because they dont have enough people. im sure this is a common problem of taking long so why dont they just hire more people and its not that complicated job so shouldnt cost too much. also ur keeping families apart who are going through the process legally so u should help them as much as u can. i was reading article where author was also complaining about slow process and said something like bush sr won gulf war in 42 days and it takes years to bring one person over. doesnt make sense. as of now we should be getting close. im also at nebraska and they received ours april 12. whats most frustrating is how people from may and june have got accepted and we're still waiting. doesnt make sense but who knows. 

exactly! that kills your hopes when you see cases from May even June get approved it would be a different story if they follow a sequence let say you are # 32,596 and you see # 32,600 approved then you call and  they'll give you information well we are working on your case is open but we are just waiting on FBI clearance or something like your name is pretty common and there are several people with that name and takes a little longer to clear but is on our desk that will give us peace of mind that they didn't lost it or got miss placed it looks like they go ini mini miny mo this one!! is so unfair  

44 minutes ago, Mdanish4 said:

I feel you!!!!! I am at California service center with PD 04/20/2017 and it has been 273 days and nothing yet.. 

This is so sad! We get a mix of emotions every day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.