Dr.tashfeen

B2 visa for wife of green card holder husband

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dr.tashfeen said:

I have another option I have to take exam too in US ..what if I show them the evidence of taking exam then???

You can take the exam in another year after your visa is approved...this is not a compelling reason for why you should be granted a B2 visa

And has already been mentioned, reasons to come to the US are not necessary, you already have more than enough reasons to come. What is important is why you HAVE to leave. The reality is you do not have to leave you have immigrant intent. Go ahead apply see what happens, it will not negatively impact your current petition, just you will be out the time and money it costs to apply.

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: Country:
Timeline

if you have the spare money go for it. any denial at either the embassy or poe for immigrant intent will be a non issue when you go for your spousal visa. when you go to the poe do not bring any certificates that could be used to look for a job. a simple letter from your employer as to when you are expected back will work for the job part.

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It'd be better for him to see you instead for a vacation, because he can obviously go back to the U.S. afterwards. 

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Timeline

The advise you have received thus far is totally wrong. 

There such a thing as having dual intent. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a pending immigrant visa petition and also wanting to visit the US for a short period. 

We say yes to people with pending petitions all the time. It just depends on the personal circumstances of the applicant. Someone with a professional job (like a doctor) has a reason to go home - they probably won't want to sit around the US doing nothing while adjustment of status paperwork goes through. 

The refusal rate in Pakistan (45% in 2016) is not that high all things considered. I would lean towards saying yes if your family is there, you have some money in the bank, you've been outside the country before etc. It's worth the visa fee. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Some Visa's allow dual intent, some do not. You need to show you are not immigrating at this time, not never.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Some Visa's allow dual intent, some do not. You need to show you are not immigrating at this time, not never.

Again, I disagree with this. The officer can find that although the OP intends to immigrate eventually, she will use her tourist visa appropriately. 

It is more difficult to obtain a visa for someone with a USC or LPR spouse, but certainly not impossible. Particularly for someone with a professional job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, ConOfficer said:

There such a thing as having dual intent. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a pending immigrant visa petition and also wanting to visit the US for a short period. 

We say yes to people with pending petitions all the time. It just depends on the personal circumstances of the applicant. Someone with a professional job (like a doctor) has a reason to go home - they probably won't want to sit around the US doing nothing while adjustment of status paperwork goes through. 

The refusal rate in Pakistan (45% in 2016) is not that high all things considered. I would lean towards saying yes if your family is there, you have some money in the bank, you've been outside the country before etc. It's worth the visa fee. 

i was one of those people, granted 2 B2 visas. For the first one, I told the officer I had a boyfriend in the US and wanted to meet his family. The officer actually asked me if I would eventually want to move there, and I said if it came to that, we would do it the right way. I was granted a 1yr visa. 

Second time around, my K1 petition was pending, and I wanted to go to my soon to be sister-in-law's wedding. I was granted a 10 year visa. Sure, Romania has much better approval rates, but I think honestly telling your story may give you a shot. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, ConOfficer said:

Again, I disagree with this. The officer can find that although the OP intends to immigrate eventually, she will use her tourist visa appropriately. 

That is what I said.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, ConOfficer said:

yes I visited turkey in February 2017..my husband joined me there in Istanbul from new York.then after 10 days we came together to Pakistan and he went back after a week staying in Pakistan.

one thing more..my account has not sufficient amount .it has 1.5 lac pkr approximately..my father in law who is a business man will be taking care of my all expenses.il b using his account with an affidavit signed by him

Timeline

That is about $1,000, not much to pay for a holiday in the US.

Timeline

I doubt that would pay for the air fare.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dr.tashfeen said:

wht if I show them my father in law will be supporting me for this trip beside being working in a hospital???

Sounds like you have no option but to mention that if it comes up. But not a positive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.