Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi marchers!! I am so nervous. So my  axe was received march 27th. Today I contacted USCIS and spoke to a tier 2 rep.. the tier 2 rep advised me that on August 17th an order was put in for additional evidence/info by the adjudicating officer however the tier 2 rep states that as of now nothing has been mailed out to me.. how strange. Has anyone had that happen to them???

i asked the tier 2 rep for a timeframe on when they will mail me such letter so I can mail back the information they are requesting and his reply was pretty much dumbfounded.. he stated he has no idea but that the order was put in August 17th. ANY INFORMATION HELPS guys! Has anyone had that happen? Is that the same as an RFE? Wondering why nothing has been mailed to me yet :///// my fiancé and I are so stressed ://

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

If we book the interview on a friday, is it ok to have your medical on the monday before? I have been hearing conflicting stories on when to space out

the medical and the interview. I do understand that the medical can take 2 days. It's just that my fiance lives in Tacloban and will need to stay possibly a week in Manila just for the interview and medical which sounds a bit extreme. Anyone have any experience with St Lukes and Embassy appointments. Also the medical is a first come first serve system. So hopefully she gets there bright and early lol. Thanks!! Almost there! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So excited for you! Ours is the 14th in Stockholm......Good luck on the rest of your journey! No one knows how hard this process is unless they've gone through it!

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

08/23/17. VISA APPROVED! Interview really went well! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yessss I am so happy for you! Congrats! Our case finally reached the Manila embassy yesterday. Did they call or email you when they received your case? Did you have to mail in a packet? Our attorney isn't telling us much and it's making me nervous... Paul missed a call yesterday and we were afraid it was the embassy..

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

Congrats, what kind of questions did they ask? Was it a lot?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Chubbylewie said:

Hello,

If we book the interview on a friday, is it ok to have your medical on the monday before? I have been hearing conflicting stories on when to space out

the medical and the interview. I do understand that the medical can take 2 days. It's just that my fiance lives in Tacloban and will need to stay possibly a week in Manila just for the interview and medical which sounds a bit extreme. Anyone have any experience with St Lukes and Embassy appointments. Also the medical is a first come first serve system. So hopefully she gets there bright and early lol. Thanks!! Almost there! 

I called the Manila embassy last night and they recommended 2 weeks prior just to be safe.. Paul lives way south in General Santos and will probably end up having to go there 2 times. Did your fiancee receive a call or email from the embassy once they received your case? Just curious 

Good luck to you guys! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yzabelle said:

HA!!!!   Congratulations!!!!!  I know you prepared so well and worked so hard to be ready.  

Happy Day!  Bet ya feel GREAT now!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, TeamSarPaul said:

I called the Manila embassy last night and they recommended 2 weeks prior just to be safe.. Paul lives way south in General Santos and will probably end up having to go there 2 times. Did your fiancee receive a call or email from the embassy once they received your case? Just curious 

Good luck to you guys! 

We got a letter from the NVC stating our package was sent to the embassy. The agency I used to process my documents sent me the list of required documents and said we can schedule the appointment. I was told 7 days then told 5 days. Wanted to check with other folks and hear their experience. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Nate A said:

Hi marchers!! I am so nervous. So my  axe was received march 27th. Today I contacted USCIS and spoke to a tier 2 rep.. the tier 2 rep advised me that on August 17th an order was put in for additional evidence/info by the adjudicating officer however the tier 2 rep states that as of now nothing has been mailed out to me.. how strange. Has anyone had that happen to them???

i asked the tier 2 rep for a timeframe on when they will mail me such letter so I can mail back the information they are requesting and his reply was pretty much dumbfounded.. he stated he has no idea but that the order was put in August 17th. ANY INFORMATION HELPS guys! Has anyone had that happen? Is that the same as an RFE? Wondering why nothing has been mailed to me yet :///// my fiancé and I are so stressed ://

Order for additional evidence sounds very much like a RFE to me. We know from others (self included) that USCIS can make a decision and mail out the decision several days later, so I wouldn't stress too much. If it's more than a week maybe, but you had the weekend in there as well. My bet is the RFE goes out sometime this week.

Timeline

My fiance is awesome

Yesterday she got her cenomar

Were finishing up ds160

This morning she went and got her nbi

NVC has our case - # not shipped yet tho

we just need one more form

She worked in lebanon nad we are trying to figure out how to get her police certificate there - then we will have all requirements

Two QUESTIONS

Once the embassy has our case - how long till it ecpires is my question if anyone knows?

Also anyone ever get a lebanon police cretificate?

Edited by Vendhen

Timeline

First time to called NVC today, waited for 4mins. in line. And i spoke with a guy, He said that they just put our case in their system a while ago today. And finally we have now our case number. :jest::jest::jest: Now waiting time to be in case ready. :whistle:

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Chubbylewie said:

We got a letter from the NVC stating our package was sent to the embassy. The agency I used to process my documents sent me the list of required documents and said we can schedule the appointment. I was told 7 days then told 5 days. Wanted to check with other folks and hear their experience. 

How did you got the letter from NVC? Should i expect one too?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

How did you got the letter from NVC? Should i expect one too?

Wheni called and got my case number the lady said they dont send letters out for k1 visas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.