928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Shamwow said:

That motion was already finished when the New York federal judge ruled that the families of the case who were already approved but then denied must have their visas issued. 3 of my cousins were apart of that case. Julie along with maktab Marhaba are filing another case for other families including me. For more information, get in contact with them.

Is she filing for those who were interviewed in 2018?

Im sure most of you have already seen this

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217301423987086&id=1217204080

Why isnt there more media attention to this heart breaking story? If only the govt had made some sort of basic information available maybe this US CITIZEN would have known his wife and children are on their way. We are not challenging the ban here. Just need information.

Does anyone on this thread know contact info for reporters who can make this travesty more visible? Jeremy stahl? Abigail hauslohner?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
9 hours ago, salhasl said:

Im sure most of you have already seen this

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217301423987086&id=1217204080

Why isnt there more media attention to this heart breaking story? If only the govt had made some sort of basic information available maybe this US CITIZEN would have known his wife and children are on their way. We are not challenging the ban here. Just need information.

Does anyone on this thread know contact info for reporters who can make this travesty more visible? Jeremy stahl? Abigail hauslohner?

His wife & kids got issued the visas yesterday after going to julie & she immediately helped them. 

Edited by Rayyan

Timeline

Maktab Marhaba has been posting some good feedback about the consulars now issuing visas. I hear many people have been issued past 2 weeks and it's just a matter of time. You can follow them on Facebook.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Shamwow said:

Maktab Marhaba has been posting some good feedback about the consulars now issuing visas. I hear many people have been issued past 2 weeks and it's just a matter of time. You can follow them on Facebook.

Hope this is true...

Timeline

Has anyone gotten an email from the Djibouti embassy called waiver reconsideration. They told me my wife would be considered for a waiver and that I would be contacted soon. I was also shown an updated refusal letter but the check mark was at the bottom box.

IMG_3064.thumb.PNG.d3c96fe6f0b2a61f62b073b899e2019d.PNG

Timeline

A sister in Riyadh was granted a visa prior to the ban. petitioned by her mother who has a green card, was contacted by the embassy after they asked her to fill the form of the exception .. They asked her to send the passport through Samsa ... and was granted a visa 

I would like to share with you the news because of your interest in Yemeni expatriate issues

ECEF3137-4DDC-41BE-99B9-2F137C74D9CB.jpeg

Edited by Rayyan

Timeline

10 people received their visa in Malaysia in the last week.  

Also, According to Maktab Marhaba that The only exception that They see is that anyone with family preference visas are categorized under undo hardship per the the presidential proclamation and from what They were told the embassy received new guidelines relating to how they process the waiver, wherein they are changing their procedures and reconsidering cases for waivers and thereafter they wait for final security clearances from Washington

8 hours ago, Rayyan said:

Also, According to Maktab Marhaba that The only exception that They see is that anyone with family preference visas are categorized under undo hardship per the the presidential proclamation and from what They were told the embassy received new guidelines relating to how they process the waiver, wherein they are changing their procedures and reconsidering cases for waivers and thereafter they wait for final security clearances from Washington

Can you clarify this? Is spouse is considered family preference? What is the change in procedure exactly? So anyone in Washington is just waiting for security clearance?

8 hours ago, Rayyan said:

Also, the Yemeni people all receiving visas are ones who had previously been given letters saying they were approved? or there are also visas for those who were not told previously that they are approved? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ron12345 said:

Can you clarify this? Is spouse is considered family preference? What is the change in procedure exactly? So anyone in Washington is just waiting for security clearance?

That’s what I was told when I contacted maktab marhaba. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.