928364@

Interviews in djoubti 2017

581 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

We contacted our senator who then contacted the embassy and we were told that the cases are currently under administrative processing. They didn't say anything about not granting visas or anything.

Please everyone contact your senators and congressmen and let us know what they say.

Timeline

Updated on 11 December 2017

Urgent Notice: Case scheduling for all applicants remains unaffected by the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision. However, a medical exam is STILL required prior to a National Visa Center appointment being honored or a missed appointment or legacy Sana'a case being rescheduled at the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti. Please do not write to ConsularDjibouti@state.gov or deposit a letter in the Consular dropbox requesting your case be rescheduled. This only slows case processing for all, including for you and your family.

This is the automated response I got when I emailed the embassy.

This says nothing about the issuance of visas though. Again if anyone hears anyone get a visa, please for the love of god, let us know.

unfortunately, part of this news is true.. But the refusal is not final decision, Most of the cases that was interviewed before sept 24th, their status changed to refused, and the consular gave them a letter. I attached the letter below.. sorry its not clear enough, but this letter has two boxes, the first one is final refusal (i know lottary case that was denied for good), and the second box, is temporary refusal, meaning the consular we look if your cases is eligible for a waver, if so might grant you a visa..I'm following this facebook page thats provide great information, the link is below.. Allah yefraj 3l jamee3

https://www.facebook.com/MarhabaService/

image.png.9508a47bb9833293825fc12ff0f62aae.png 

Timeline

Someone who had an interview yesterday told me that they are not taking anyone's visa anymore and that they tell them if approved they  will contact them soon to receive a waiver. I was told people who already had their interviews in the last couple of months were either called or emailed to receive a waiver from the embassy. I haven't received anything but if anyone does let us know.

Timeline

my mom's case is still at USCIS but I spoke with a lawyer today. my impression -- it seems like probably we need a lawyer to assist with preparing the waiver petition if we want to have a chance at getting approved. since the order just went into effect, i don't think anyone really knows for certain yet.

Timeline

They called about 100 people to the embassy today. They refused all of them for the time being. They told them the waiver process is extremely lengthy and they gave everyone their passports back and told them that they should leave back to Yemen or to another country.

The counselor said there's nothing in his hands and he can't help anyone.

They're not granting visas guys, it's as bad as it sounds unfortunately. 

Timeline
On 12/15/2017 at 4:34 PM, theendcomesquick said:

my mom's case is still at USCIS but I spoke with a lawyer today. my impression -- it seems like probably we need a lawyer to assist with preparing the waiver petition if we want to have a chance at getting approved. since the order just went into effect, i don't think anyone really knows for certain yet.

There is no waver process. The councilor tells you if you're eligible for a waiver and grants a visa.

It takes a long time.

Timeline
On 12/14/2017 at 3:10 PM, Shamwow said:

Someone who had an interview yesterday told me that they are not taking anyone's visa anymore and that they tell them if approved they  will contact them soon to receive a waiver. I was told people who already had their interviews in the last couple of months were either called or emailed to receive a waiver from the embassy. I haven't received anything but if anyone does let us know.

What month was the interview of those who were granted a waiver?

Timeline
41 minutes ago, H93 said:

They called about 100 people to the embassy today. They refused all of them for the time being. They told them the waiver process is extremely lengthy and they gave everyone their passports back and told them that they should leave back to Yemen or to another country.

The counselor said there's nothing in his hands and he can't help anyone.

They're not granting visas guys, it's as bad as it sounds unfortunately. 

do you know what those people plan to do? contact their congress, lawyer, CAIR or just wait?

Timeline
On 12/17/2017 at 9:37 AM, theendcomesquick said:

do you know what those people plan to do? contact their congress, lawyer, CAIR or just wait?

Contact whoever you can.

It definitely can't hurt.

I called both my senators to complain.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.