3,010 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

I couldn't agree more. It is an irony that they keep us in dark and don't give us an update. Any information they give is most of the times meaningless and contradicts with their own statements. They way they go about their customer service is like we have paid nothing and they are doing us a big favor by picking up our call. What makes me mad is when they are rude to you and misbehave in such an unprofessional manner. 

Think it was you who told me it was a glitch in the first place, I didn't know what to think then, but you were spot on! We re all in a difficult position here! Every time you check on your case you end up disappointed, any time you go to your mailbox you get frustrated! I want to stop checking all the time, but it is very hsrd! It is like an addiction, you need your fix, and when you get it you are worse then before! If they wanted to make an efficient torture system they couldn't have made it any better!

Seriously, if you want to break a person give them a promise of a final solution to their problem, but then keep delaying the gratification day in day out, eventually they will snap!

Killing us softly!! Lol

Also I think logic with these 'transfers' is way off! Lets presume transfers were real and they did happen! Wouldn't moving the date back by USCIS from feb26 to march5 just be a perfect excuse for them to keep stalling?! They can always say, sorry, we just recieved your case on March 6th and we need some time to process!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Jack337 said:

Think it was you who told me it was a glitch in the first place, I didn't know what to think then, but you were spot on! We re all in a difficult position here! Every time you check on your case you end up disappointed, any time you go to your mailbox you get frustrated! I want to stop checking all the time, but it is very hsrd! It is like an addiction, you need your fix, and when you get it you are worse then before! If they wanted to make an efficient torture system they couldn't have made it any better!

hhaahhaaaaa yeah. To be honest I am no more thinking about ROC my whole focus has switched to naturalization. The wait for ROC is ridiculous. Imagine CSC takes about on average 18 months or more on I-751 this is bizarre. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
35 minutes ago, tuskls said:

My wife got an I-551 temp stamp today at the Minneapolis USCIS office. Her I-751 date is March 13th, 2017 so we were quite stressed about her being on an 'expired' visa. Also, she is pregnant so emotions are already running at an all-time high haha!

Anyways, the process was quite simple. Our appointment was at 8 AM. We got there ten minutes early. We had to go through security and then signed in with a receptionist. We told him that we were hoping to get a status check on our case and an I-551 stamp. We got to talk to an agent almost exactly at 8 AM. She was fantastic and got us the stamp within 20 minutes. She then took a photocopy of my wife's green card and had the card destroyed :mellow:. She also did basic biometrics like fingerprints and a quick photo at her desk. 

As for the status check, she didn't have much information for us, unfortunately. She said that it will likely take two years from the I-751 date to get a decision and that the CSC site is very backed up as we all know. We were also told that we could get another I-551 stamp next year if need be as long as we come in 90 days before the I-551 expires. 

Just thought that I would pass along the experience. Let me know if you have questions! Also, there doesn't seem to be much talk about getting the I-551 in here. What is everyone else doing?

Hi there, thanks for giving us your input. The IO gave you wrong information. ROC takes about 16 to 18 months on average at CSC. You can file for naturalization with a pending I-751. This way you could save so much time. 

43 minutes ago, Jack337 said:

Unfortunately the word customer was recently removed from their website. Looks like according to them they are doing us a favor. 

I-751 Timeline:

I-751 filed at VSC                 : 05/08/2017

USCIS Received                  : 05/09/2017

Check Cashed                     : 05/18/2017

NOA1 Receipt Date             : 05/10/2017

NOA1 received                     : 05/20/2017

Biometrics letter Received  : 06/10/2017 - Appointment for 06/23/2017

Biometrics Walk-in               : 06/12/2017 - biometrics completed

DMV license renewed         : 06/12/2017 - 1 year extension from greencard expiration 

I-751 Approved                    : 06/06/2018

N-400 Timeline:

Paper filing received at USCIS              : 05/24/2018

N400 notice to create online account   : 05/30/2018

N400 NOA                                                  : 06/02/2018

N400 Biometrics                                       : 06/21/2018

N400 Interview                                          : 09/19/2018

33 minutes ago, implife said:

Edited by wanderer84
Does not add value

I-751 Timeline:

I-751 filed at VSC                 : 05/08/2017

USCIS Received                  : 05/09/2017

Check Cashed                     : 05/18/2017

NOA1 Receipt Date             : 05/10/2017

NOA1 received                     : 05/20/2017

Biometrics letter Received  : 06/10/2017 - Appointment for 06/23/2017

Biometrics Walk-in               : 06/12/2017 - biometrics completed

DMV license renewed         : 06/12/2017 - 1 year extension from greencard expiration 

I-751 Approved                    : 06/06/2018

N-400 Timeline:

Paper filing received at USCIS              : 05/24/2018

N400 notice to create online account   : 05/30/2018

N400 NOA                                                  : 06/02/2018

N400 Biometrics                                       : 06/21/2018

N400 Interview                                          : 09/19/2018

I'm sure (in 101 pages!) this has come up, but I'm nervous and looking for guidance. My wife and I applied for her removal of conditions in march 2017, had a bio-metrics appointment in April and have heard nothing since. Her year is now up and expired, and the USCIS office here (in Portland OR) has no appointments for at least 2 weeks, and I assume more. She has a full time job, etc so we're concerned. I know we can get the passport stamp, but is there any concern right now being in an expired status while we try to get an appointment? I should have had more forethought on this, now I'm trying to catch up. The USCIS site says they're only processing cases from September 2016?! Will it ever get approved? 

Thanks friends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
8 hours ago, tuskls said:

My wife got an I-551 temp stamp today at the Minneapolis USCIS office. Her I-751 date is March 13th, 2017 so we were quite stressed about her being on an 'expired' visa. Also, she is pregnant so emotions are already running at an all-time high haha!

Anyways, the process was quite simple. Our appointment was at 8 AM. We got there ten minutes early. We had to go through security and then signed in with a receptionist. We told him that we were hoping to get a status check on our case and an I-551 stamp. We got to talk to an agent almost exactly at 8 AM. She was fantastic and got us the stamp within 20 minutes. She then took a photocopy of my wife's green card and had the card destroyed :mellow:. She also did basic biometrics like fingerprints and a quick photo at her desk. 

As for the status check, she didn't have much information for us, unfortunately. She said that it will likely take two years from the I-751 date to get a decision and that the CSC site is very backed up as we all know. We were also told that we could get another I-551 stamp next year if need be as long as we come in 90 days before the I-551 expires. 

Just thought that I would pass along the experience. Let me know if you have questions! Also, there doesn't seem to be much talk about getting the I-551 in here. What is everyone else doing?

Glad your experience with the I-551 went smoothly at least! How long was the I-551 stamp good for? Did they give the option of putting it on a separate paper/card instead of the passport? My husband's is expiring soon and I'm concerned about him traveling back home to visit family and getting a new passport there--and then having a problem returning with the I-551.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So i am trying to make an infopass appointment but it is proving really difficult. My extension letter expires in 4 weeks and if i don't have my card approved or be able to make an appointment then i will not be able to continue with my job. Anyone else in the same boat?

16 minutes ago, aysidrak said:

So i am trying to make an infopass appointment but it is proving really difficult. My extension letter expires in 4 weeks and if i don't have my card approved or be able to make an appointment then i will not be able to continue with my job. Anyone else in the same boat?

You are still in legal status after your extension letter expires and should have any issues with your current job.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, VeraBradley said:

You are still in legal status after your extension letter expires and should have any issues with your current job.

My hr coordinator came to warn me though that it expires in 4 weeks so won't i need proof that i am a resident to keep working?

I am in HR and we are not supposed to demand that. As long as you showed your unrestricted SSN and DL you should have been good. However, if they are demanding that from you and if it is an emergency, you can try to walk in to one of the offices and see if they will stamp you. You can probably take the email from your HR coordinator as a proof.

You can also try scheduling an infopass appointment at midnight or at odd times - some people have had luck with that. If there are other offices a couple of hours away, you can try scheduling there as well. Good luck and hope everything works out for you! Please keep us posted.

Edited by VeraBradley

18 hours ago, AnGeLxX said:

Mine also changed to March 5 from feb 27..but I got a RFE last friday so I know they are working on my case ;). We are almost done with it so yay! 

Mine changed to March 5 as well for transfer to local office (had been 2/27), but we had already been approved on 2/28 and card was mailed.  The case status was updated after we received the approval letter.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.