3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
28 minutes ago, wef said:

Thank you. I will plan to take her to the DMV with the EAS card.

Sounds good. Also make sure that her SSN is in her married name already if your wife took in your name. The DMV will compare their info with the SSA and if the name doesn't match they may reject her ID.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, wef said:

Hello from California. My SOS paperwork was received on April 9. We have received the EA card in the mail and my wife already has a job offer. However, we have not heard anything yet about a green card interview in San Francisco yet. That was 4.5 months ago. Is this a normal length of time to wait for an interview appointment?

My wife needs to be fingerprinted for her job. The sheriff wants her to bring a state ID or driver's license. However, she has neither of these documents. She does have a military ID card, as I am retired Navy. She also has her K-1 Visa.

Hello ,good to find a fellow bay area filer. The average wait time for an interview at San Francisco is currently between 8-9 months. I'm praying and hoping that my interview is scheduled by the end of the year.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:19 AM, wef said:

Thank you. I will plan to take her to the DMV with the EAS card.

SF here. Got DL using EAD.

Timeline:

• AOS application submitted: 1/28/17
  • NOA1 for 130/765: 2/24/17
  • NOA1 for 485: 3/2/17
  • Biometrics letter: 3/11/17
  • Biometrics appointment: 3/30/17
  • EAD in production: 5/23/17
  • EAD received: 5/26/17
  • AP application received: 9/15/17 
  • AP application approved: 12/2/17 
  • Interview Notice received: 12/23/17
  • AOS Interview: 1/23/18
  • Approval email/texts: 2/8/18
  • Green Card mailed (hopefully): 2/14/18

Was scheduled for the AOS interview next month... as I had already feared it falls into the period that I am home in Germany. I contacted USCIS and asked to have it rescheduled and am waiting now for an answer. If anyone has experience with this please let me know! 

Also this shows that USCIS is randomly giving appointments for the interview. Another person with my field office who filed in December just got his interview for September, just two days before mine. Four others in the January forum with the same field office are still waiting on having theirs scheduled. I filed on Feb 27th with an RFIE response in April and already have my interview scheduled. There seems to be no way to anticipate when you get your interview. 

1 hour ago, Californiansunset said:

Was scheduled for the AOS interview next month... as I had already feared it falls into the period that I am home in Germany. I contacted USCIS and asked to have it rescheduled and am waiting now for an answer. If anyone has experience with this please let me know! 

Also this shows that USCIS is randomly giving appointments for the interview. Another person with my field office who filed in December just got his interview for September, just two days before mine. Four others in the January forum with the same field office are still waiting on having theirs scheduled. I filed on Feb 27th with an RFIE response in April and already have my interview scheduled. There seems to be no way to anticipate when you get your interview. 

Is your local office in San Francisco? If yes, then wow that was quick! I hope things work out as you intend them to be. :) 

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed application online: 12/01/2020

Concurrent filing (I-130 & I-485)

Priority date: April 03, 2017 

NOAs received: April 17, 2017 (dated: April 12)

Biometrics apt: May 05, 2017 (notice received: April 21)

EAD card being produced (online status change): June 29, 2017

NOA2 (approval notice) received for EAD/AP: July 03, 2017

EAD card mailed to me (online status change): July 05, 2017

EAD/AP combo card in hand: July 08, 2017

Online case update - Interview is scheduled: Jan 26, 2018

Interview and online status update ('Card being produced') : Feb 27, 2018

Eligibility to file N-400: 11/30/2020

1 minute ago, strider4 said:

Is your local office in San Francisco? If yes, then wow that was quick! I hope things work out as you intend them to be. :) 

No it's San Diego. It has the same processing time as San Francisco though, so yes that was fast (hence why I booked the flights expecting to have the interview in November or December and not so early!!). 

Thank you! Hoping it will work out rescheduling it... after reading the horror stories on VJ I'm a little terrified, but then again people post only when they have bad experiences and not good so I'm hoping for the best! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 8/28/2017 at 7:40 AM, TL2016 said:

Just called USCIS to speak to a Tier 2 officer because my case has been pending for longer than 180 days. Unfortunately that wasn't of much help. All she was able to tell me is that my case is still at the MSC, not even that it's in line for an interview waiver or anything. She said besides the day they received my biometrics they don't have any other updates for me. 

She did submit a service request on my behalf as well as a second service request to see if my case can be sent to Albany instead of NYC in case I need an interview. She said it's unlikely but she at least tried to get some info for me which is something I guess. I have to say I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for some more information but unfortunately my call didn't do much besides submit the service requests. 

aw  man so sorry she wasnt much help. I hope you hear something soon! good luck !

3/27 aos sent

4/4 check cashed 

4/4 received texts case accepted (pd date)

4/10 received NOA 1 in the mail

4/15 biometrics appt letter received

4//27 had fingerprints taken

4/28 rfe - lost marriage cert 

5/5 mailed marriage cert to uscis

5/15 status changed to response to rfe received

6/13 status changed to 'ready to schedule for interview'

6/22 sent SR for EAD 

7/1 SR response 'due to rfe response received on 5/15. 90 days processing starts on 5/15. 

7/13 100 DAYS MARK from aos date 

7/23 Received eap and ap approval letters

7/25 status changed to 'card was mailed'

7/28 Received ead and ap combo card! 

8/4 4 MONTHS SINCE 4/4 

8/12 130 day mark from AOS received date

9/1 150 day mark from AOS received date

11/2 received an interview date for 12/11

12 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

No it's San Diego. It has the same processing time as San Francisco though, so yes that was fast (hence why I booked the flights expecting to have the interview in November or December and not so early!!). 

Thank you! Hoping it will work out rescheduling it... after reading the horror stories on VJ I'm a little terrified, but then again people post only when they have bad experiences and not good so I'm hoping for the best! :)

Ahhh, I just noticed the local office underneath your avatar. Sorry about that :D For some reason I thought it wasn't there lol .

Indeed, one gets to see only few people reporting positive outcomes compared to negative ones. Good luck! :)

Dec 2020 filers spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1krjUsYJAXqbDIuNL0y9UY2uOcBt5dr1Ji1jdbO63Dj0/edit?usp=sharing

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

On 8/28/2017 at 7:40 AM, TL2016 said:

Just called USCIS to speak to a Tier 2 officer because my case has been pending for longer than 180 days. Unfortunately that wasn't of much help. All she was able to tell me is that my case is still at the MSC, not even that it's in line for an interview waiver or anything. She said besides the day they received my biometrics they don't have any other updates for me. 

She did submit a service request on my behalf as well as a second service request to see if my case can be sent to Albany instead of NYC in case I need an interview. She said it's unlikely but she at least tried to get some info for me which is something I guess. I have to say I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping for some more information but unfortunately my call didn't do much besides submit the service requests. 

Is you status still at 'Fingerprints fee received' ? If yes, then I'm also at the same stage and beginning to get worried and was wondering if they do give out any useful info other than reading off from the website about local office processing times and how we should be patient about it. Hang in there; the uncertainty is annoying and worrisome but things will get sorted. :)

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, strider4 said:

Is you status still at 'Fingerprints fee received' ? If yes, then I'm also at the same stage and beginning to get worried and was wondering if they do give out any useful info other than reading off from the website about local office processing times and how we should be patient about it. Hang in there; the uncertainty is annoying and worrisome but things will get sorted. :)

Yeah that's the status I'm at. When you call in 180 days after they received your papers, ask for a Tier 2 officer as those are the people with actual information regarding your case... Or not, as I've been able to experience first hand lol. 

Ahhh, I just noticed the local office underneath your avatar. Sorry about that :D For some reason I thought it wasn't there lol .

Indeed, one gets to see only few people reporting positive outcomes compared to negative ones. Good luck! :)

Oh no no, I just added my office to my profile right after you had asked whether my office is SF. I thought I had it there but because you mentioned it, I realized I didn't and afterwards added it :)

You are very correct about the assumption that they are just reading their answers off of the screen. When I called to reschedule my interview the guy literally said things like 'let me see what it says when I click this' and then would read what USCIS had to say to my question and would then be like 'let me choose this option and see what the instructions are' etc. It made me realize again, that they don't have much knowledge and are just reading the standardized answers to you. 

1 hour ago, TL2016 said:

Yeah that's the status I'm at. When you call in 180 days after they received your papers, ask for a Tier 2 officer as those are the people with actual information regarding your case... Or not, as I've been able to experience first hand lol. 

I called right after I made the post and they told me to call on October 16. My PD is of April 03 and the last status change is as of April 07. My 180 days would be on Sept 30 or if they go by the status change date, then that would be Oct 04.

I vaguely recalled reading something on VJ about inquiring after 180 days as 'Oct 16' sounded random but I didn't bring this up with the customer service rep. Now that you posted this I feel that my hunch was right all along.

Ahhh well I'll put my worrying on hold for a month and call on Sept 30. Thanks for bringing this up or I'd have had to wait until Oct 16. :D

1 hour ago, Californiansunset said:

Oh no no, I just added my office to my profile right after you had asked whether my office is SF. I thought I had it there but because you mentioned it, I realized I didn't and afterwards added it :)

You are very correct about the assumption that they are just reading their answers off of the screen. When I called to reschedule my interview the guy literally said things like 'let me see what it says when I click this' and then would read what USCIS had to say to my question and would then be like 'let me choose this option and see what the instructions are' etc. It made me realize again, that they don't have much knowledge and are just reading the standardized answers to you. 

Lol no worries. I thought I was too stressed to read things right off the screen :D  As for the customer service reps, they are more clueless than we are. :rolleyes:

USCIS journey so far:

Spoiler

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.