3,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Did anyone have an interview already that got the notice that they needed their i693 for their AOS from K1? We got the notice saying we need to bring it to our interview, but we have a K1 and he had a medical exam in his home country. Did anyone need this and then go to interview? Did they ask for it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, CezSheena said:

Did anyone have an interview already that got the notice that they needed their i693 for their AOS from K1? We got the notice saying we need to bring it to our interview, but we have a K1 and he had a medical exam in his home country. Did anyone need this and then go to interview? Did they ask for it?

My notice noted you didn't have to bring the I-693 if you've already provided it. Did yours have a comment about that in the list of items to take to the interview? In parenthesis?

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Timeline

I haven't  received the notice for the interview yet. I just got the text notification. We did NOT turn in the i693. We are k1, so we only needed to show the 3025, as per the USCIS website. However, a notice we got prior said, "you did not provide your i693, please bring it to the interview. But k1 don't  need i693 if the interview is within the year, which ours is. So I am confused as what to do now.

13 minutes ago, CezSheena said:

I haven't  received the notice for the interview yet. I just got the text notification. We did NOT turn in the i693. We are k1, so we only needed to show the 3025, as per the USCIS website. However, a notice we got prior said, "you did not provide your i693, please bring it to the interview. But k1 don't  need i693 if the interview is within the year, which ours is. So I am confused as what to do now.

You did needed to send a copy of it in with your application. 

Timeline

Directly from USCIS website. We turned in the D'S 3025. 

Medical Examination

If you received a medical examination prior to admission as a K nonimmigrant, then you are not required to have another medical examination at time of adjustment as long as:

• Your Form I-485 is filed within 1 year of your overseas medical examination
  • The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition
  • If you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you have complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart, and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693 (in an envelop sealed by the civil surgeon). Please see the instructions forForm I-693 (PDF, 333 KB) for further information."

35 minutes ago, CezSheena said:

Medical Examination

If you received a medical examination prior to admission as a K nonimmigrant, then you are not required to have another medical examination at time of adjustment as long as:

• If you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you have complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart, and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693 (in an envelop sealed by the civil surgeon). Please see the instructions forForm I-693 (PDF, 333 KB) for further information."

I got a sealed envelope with my K1 packed that I had to send in when I filed my AOS. I know not all countries do that, but my guess is that that what's in there.

You can always contact them and ask why you need that since you're k1. They can make a mistake they're only human.

I know someone who has a problem with his AP, they keep telling him he needs to pay the fee when he is filing for AOS and you don't have to pay a fee. He keeps staying in contact with them because it's their fault. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ariii said:

I'm from LA and I've been waiting since April for my interview to get scheduled 125 days and still no news ... I don't know how people who filed later than I did, already have their GC in hand and got their interview within 1-2 months...

I'm also from LA.  I filed my AOS on March 13th, but they didn't cash my check until a month later...then I got a RFE which resets everything so my official date is April 28 2017 when they received my RFE.  I did receive my EAD and AP already.  So for me, it's been 108 days waiting for either an interview or an interview waiver.    

K1 VISA

09/21/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

09/22/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

09/26/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

10/01/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

11/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

11/05/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F

11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Left NVC to Consulate/Embassy

11/29/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/27/16....Medical

01/03/17....Interview

01/05/17....Visa Issued

01/10/17...Visa in Hand

01/28/17....POE at LAX

02/10/17....Got married.

AOS

03/09/17....Sent AOS Package

03/13/17....AOS Delivered

04/10/17....Checks cashed

04/11/17....NOA1 Texts and Emails 

04/17/17...Received hard copies in the mail

04/19/17...Received RFIE Notice via text and email

04/21/17...Received biometrics letters for wife and daughter in the mail

04/24/17...Received RFIE letter in the mail (they need I-864 even though I sent them the right form)

04/25/17...Sent RFIE via USPS Express mail 

04/26/17...RFIE package delivered and signed for.

04/28/17...Received notification via text that USCIS received our RFIE and that the case was updated again.

05/03/17...Biometric appointment for wife and daughter.

05/31/17...Received RFE via text and email for I765 & I-131

06/05/17...Received hard copies of RFE (they want to know whether to send documents to preparer's address or mailing address, which are the same...grrr) 

06/06/17...Sent USPS overnight express response of RFE to USCIS

06/07/17...USCIS received response to RFE

06/14/17...New EAD status: New Card is Being Produced

06/16/17....New EAD status: Card was Mailed to Me

06/19/17....Received hard copies of EAD/AP approvals

06/22/17....Received EAD/AP combo card.

11/06/17....AOS Interview scheduled: APPROVED!!

11/15/17... Received Green Card in the mail.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, KimberleyVDB said:

I got a sealed envelope with my K1 packed that I had to send in when I filed my AOS. I know not all countries do that, but my guess is that that what's in there.

You can always contact them and ask why you need that since you're k1. They can make a mistake they're only human.

I know someone who has a problem with his AP, they keep telling him he needs to pay the fee when he is filing for AOS and you don't have to pay a fee. He keeps staying in contact with them because it's their fault. 

Yep, we have done info pass. That got us nowhere.  All the lady did was read me the notice I received! Like I couldn't  read it myself! My husband got his medical back at POE. So we sent the whole thing in as well as the D'S 3025, like it asked. I might as well just pay it, just in case, but it's  just another amount we can't  really afford. Rest. 

15 minutes ago, CezSheena said:

Yep, we have done info pass. That got us nowhere.  All the lady did was read me the notice I received! Like I couldn't  read it myself! My husband got his medical back at POE. So we sent the whole thing in as well as the D'S 3025, like it asked. I might as well just pay it, just in case, but it's  just another amount we can't  really afford. Rest. 

Have you tried calling them and asking to speak to a tier 2 officer? They usually can tell you a bit more. I know that guy I was talking about had to go way up the chain and now he send his stuff back in again(for his AP) with ATTN to a manager. It's worth a shot. I called and asked about stuff with my ead and they were very helpful. Even when I said I don't understand why it is this or that, they explained it very calmly to me. 
Just a suggestion..

Timeline
3 hours ago, CezSheena said:

That is right, the 3025 is an alternative provided it is accepted by uscis. Did you meet the conditions above? While it sounds like a mistake, is it clear from their mail to you whether they are simply rejecting the 3025 and requiring you to do a 693 and bring to interview?

As another has said, best to call in and ask to be put through to an officer. 

AOS Journey

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

AOS ROC Journey

Timeline
5 hours ago, rose michigan said:

Hello everyone... We had our interview today at Detroit.. It was smooth and the I.O was so nice.. The total time including the waiting was about 40 Minutes.. He said t is approved and told us about the ROC and citizenship.. The status still the same .. Good luck everyone in the forum.. You helped me Alot

So happy for you two!

AOS Journey

AOS ROC Journey

10 hours ago, CezSheena said:

Medical Examination

We had our K1 aos interview today .. They sent us the same letter for the medical exam, i did not call them, we just repeated it.. Today the officer approved us even before seeing the report, he said you already did that overseas,in a less than a year, you did not need it but it is ok, and i told him about the letter , and said it is better be safe and sorry,, you should call and ask them anyway, before losing your money for nothing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congrats to all those who have been making positive steps on the journey, prayers and encouragement to those hitting snags/road-blocks.  A quick update, I got a notification(I'm signed up for email notifications) that an RFE for my I-485 has been mailed today.  I can't even begin to imagine what it could be for, because we thought we had it covered.  Anyway, will share as soon as we receive the hard copy in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 8/15/2017 at 10:52 AM, Denis & San said:

I'm also from LA.  I filed my AOS on March 13th, but they didn't cash my check until a month later...then I got a RFE which resets everything so my official date is April 28 2017 when they received my RFE.  I did receive my EAD and AP already.  So for me, it's been 108 days waiting for either an interview or an interview waiver.    

Hi,

we also received the ead combo card (7/25) but im wondering how long to wait for the interview before calling about it. I feel like the interview should have already been scheduled its been over 130 days for us. Have you called? good luck ! best wishes :) we are in san fernando area also btw 

3/27 aos sent

4/4 check cashed 

4/4 received texts case accepted (pd date)

4/10 received NOA 1 in the mail

4/15 biometrics appt letter received

4//27 had fingerprints taken

4/28 rfe - lost marriage cert 

5/5 mailed marriage cert to uscis

5/15 status changed to response to rfe received

6/13 status changed to 'ready to schedule for interview'

6/22 sent SR for EAD 

7/1 SR response 'due to rfe response received on 5/15. 90 days processing starts on 5/15. 

7/13 100 DAYS MARK from aos date 

7/23 Received eap and ap approval letters

7/25 status changed to 'card was mailed'

7/28 Received ead and ap combo card! 

8/4 4 MONTHS SINCE 4/4 

8/12 130 day mark from AOS received date

9/1 150 day mark from AOS received date

11/2 received an interview date for 12/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.